Pissed off at older sister!

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
My sister and I had seen one another in over a year, we lost our mother in 2008 ,so I do not see my famliy a lot any more. My sister emailed me on Friday that she was coming to see me today and not to call her at she would be in Boston on Saturday. My sister got here today and she was late , and she told me that a friend of her and her daughter are coming to too that they were waiting in the car! I was really disappointed as I thought it was going only be me and my sister going out to eat, And I have a hard.time keeping with the converation as people do not talk loud enough for me. I felt really insulted that my sister brought her friend and daughter so she would have some company at dinner. This was my sister way of saying I really do not want to spend time with you along! The woman was one of her best friend and my sister once told me that sisters are not friends! I am not going out with my sister again if she can't stand spending time with me along!

True. I would feel same thing. Worst thing is I dated a girl in London, and she brought her best friend (girl) with her at restaurant, it turned me off.

True. I would feel same thing. Worst thing is I dated a girl in London, and she brought her best friend (girl) with her at restaurant, it turned me off.

Wow that would be a real turn off, someone bring a friend on a date to made sure they had a good time! I hope you did not have to pay for the friend too! I did email mail my sister about how I felt.
If she had told me right from the start she was bringing a friend I may not had gone as I hate going out my my sister and 'her friends' , I feel out of place.

Ouch, I am at same boat as you are right now dealing with one of my sister who blew up at me last weekend. I now avoid her as I can for long time till I am ready to see her again. Oh well.

I wish I had a sister, but I have 2 brothers and I don't get to see them often enough. We finally heard from my one brother who has been off the radar for the last 3 months.

I wish I had a sister, but I have 2 brothers and I don't get to see them often enough. We finally heard from my one brother who has been off the radar for the last 3 months.
I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers but it is harder to live with sisters than brothers. IMHO.

Lucky as an only child I escape all this. But I am sorry your sister caused you all this dissappointment, whatdidyousay? .

I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers but it is harder to live with sisters than brothers. IMHO.

I have two sisters , one older and one younger and an ex brother, I disowned him. It was hard for me as with sisters and brothers as they all picked on me for have a speech defect and my dad would hit me all the time. So I always felt like an outdide in my family . And when my older sister does hug me she keep a distance for me and just pat my back ! She act like I might give her some horrible disease! I have a hard time trusting people as I could never trust my family. If you can't trust your own famliy who can you trust!

My sister and I had different ideas and ways and we do argue a lot back in the days of youth. As we are older now, we seem to get along great. I spend time with her watching the old t.v. series "Roswell" (We were in Santa Fe, New Mexico visiting to see my sister). And we went out to the art gallery together and talk about art. Also she took me to her favorite Mexican restaurant and we did talk some, but later on other days her husband join us for dinner at another Mexican restaurant. My sister love hot spices food which I am not keen on spices food. I don't have a problem yet like you do.

I am sorry that happen to you and yes, it is not nice to have someone coming along with your sister and spoil the relationship between you and your sister. I would not really like that myself too. Sorry it happen. :hug:

I have two sisters , one older and one younger and an ex brother, I disowned him. It was hard for me as with sisters and brothers as they all picked on me for have a speech defect and my dad would hit me all the time. So I always felt like an outdide in my family . And when my older sister does hug me she keep a distance for me and just pat my back ! She act like I might give her some horrible disease! I have a hard time trusting people as I could never trust my family. If you can't trust your own famliy who can you trust!
I am baby in the family and my sister who is 4 year and half older than me and is next to me was being left out often because of my being deafness. She never really got attention when she needs it mostly so when she blew up at me bring all those old scars she carried with her all of her life at me. Nothing I can do about it till she accepted that she has problems and need help. I just happen understand why she acted to me this way and her hormones were out of whacked too. Bad diets, and stress of putting our mother in home tipped her over which I do not accept that. My two oldest brothers are cool and dont have hormones problems alike 4 of us sisters do. We fought alike cat all those childhood years but we still are together. I do not know if we will still be together once our mother gone. I simple do not need those dramas anymore. I am done with it.Trust them? I trust my family except for her, it is gone now. sad.

Oh boy! Talk about opening up a "can of worms" here...3 sisters, 2 brothers....I'm the only deafie in the family. Oldest brother ignores me, won't take VP or TTD calls, doesn't like "talking to a machine"...I "excuse that", he's a Vietnam veteran and a "recluse"...I plan to go see him very soon as he never leaves his apartment in another state... Youngest brother...haven't seen him in 50 years!...Long story there.....as for my 3 sisters, the oldest one "has to be the center of everything"...the next one, we hardly ever talk, because she has the attitude.."I know what's better for you"...and the youngest one, we are closer and chat a lot via email....

It used to bother the heck out of me!...But realized that life is short, so I overlook any and all flaws with my family and just try to "get along".

But, whatdoyousay....I would feel "hurt" if this happened to me also!...Hoping things can be better for both of you later on down the line....Next time, make it clear that you want to spend some "quality" time with her, just the 2 of you! with no outside interference.

Wirelessly posted

jazzy said:

That is shame... :( As for me, I don't experience that. I have my young sister, yet I easily get along with her. But I somewhat get along with my baby brother, due to long years apart, for be exact, 13 years. I would prefer to get along with my siblings only if it is a few years apart.

Lucky as an only child I escape all this. But I am sorry your sister caused you all this dissappointment, whatdidyousay? .

I don't think it's lucky to be an only child. I am not that close to my sister, but growing up together you have a great bond and I hope we can always be there for each other.

My sister and I had seen one another in over a year, we lost our mother in 2008 ,so I do not see my famliy a lot any more. My sister emailed me on Friday that she was coming to see me today and not to call her at she would be in Boston on Saturday. My sister got here today and she was late , and she told me that a friend of her and her daughter are coming to too that they were waiting in the car! I was really disappointed as I thought it was going only be me and my sister going out to eat, And I have a hard.time keeping with the converation as people do not talk loud enough for me. I felt really insulted that my sister brought her friend and daughter so she would have some company at dinner. This was my sister way of saying I really do not want to spend time with you along! The woman was one of her best friend and my sister once told me that sisters are not friends! I am not going out with my sister again if she can't stand spending time with me along!

It would have been worse if your sister blew you off and didn't visit with you. Maybe her friends invited themselves or she felt obligated to invite them. Write her a note letting her know how you feel and see what she says.

I don't think it's lucky to be an only child. I am not that close to my sister, but growing up together you have a great bond and I hope we can always be there for each other.

Well then, it is nice of you to pity me. Perhaps you can adopt me and then provide me with siblings so I can enjoy all this camaraderie.

Since I am sure you were not just speaking off the top of your head to make me fell bad purposefully.

Well then, it is nice of you to pity me. Perhaps you can adopt me and then provide me with siblings so I can enjoy all this camaraderie.

Since I am sure you were not just speaking off the top of your head to make me fell bad purposefully.

I never said I pity you. There are benefits to both. If you are stuck with a bad sibling it's better to be an only child. If you are an only child you get all your parents attention and all the inheritance money too. Don't be so sensitive.

My sister and I had different ideas and ways and we do argue a lot back in the days of youth. As we are older now, we seem to get along great. I spend time with her watching the old t.v. series "Roswell" (We were in Santa Fe, New Mexico visiting to see my sister). And we went out to the art gallery together and talk about art. Also she took me to her favorite Mexican restaurant and we did talk some, but later on other days her husband join us for dinner at another Mexican restaurant. My sister love hot spices food which I am not keen on spices food. I don't have a problem yet like you do.

I am sorry that happen to you and yes, it is not nice to have someone coming along with your sister and spoil the relationship between you and your sister. I would not really like that myself too. Sorry it happen. :hug:

Thank you Beonang, my sister did email back and said she made plans to vist her friend and ask to have me come along. She did not tell me any of this
until after this all happen. But when she first emailed me I thought it going to be just the 2 of us . I wanted to talk about our mom and dad , I wanted to try and talk about the good times we had as my sister and I always talk about how horrible our childhood was. My sister does this kind of stuff all the time , I should be use it it by now , but things are hard to get get use to. My sister friend said she had not seen me in years , but I really do not remember her . I am do not like being surprised with other people I really do not know.
That is really nice you are able to have a good time with your sister.

Ouch, I am at same boat as you are right now dealing with one of my sister who blew up at me last weekend. I now avoid her as I can for long time till I am ready to see her again. Oh well.

My sister and I had a big fight at my mother funeral . We're Jewish and my sister daugter brought her bagpipe to play at the grave yard and I am like WTF .I ask my sister whast with the bagpipe and she got pissed off. My mom had a drop of Scottish in her ,so my niece bring her bagpipe! My daughter told this and warmed to not be shocked. Then my sister wrote this horribe thing about our mother asking us if daddy cheated on her and that we laugh like witches at our mother! I never did such a thing and my sister wanted to read this at my mother funeral. We had a huge fight at my daugter house after the funeral and did not talk for some time! It was a mess .

Thank you Beonang, my sister did email back and said she made plans to vist her friend and ask to have me come along. She did not tell me any of this
until after this all happen. But when she first emailed me I thought it going to be just the 2 of us . I wanted to talk about our mom and dad , I wanted to try and talk about the good times we had as my sister and I always talk about how horrible our childhood was. My sister does this kind of stuff all the time , I should be use it it by now , but things are hard to get get use to. My sister friend said she had not seen me in years , but I really do not remember her . I am do not like being surprised with other people I really do not know.
That is really nice you are able to have a good time with your sister.

You are welcome. Having a relationship with my sister is not always better and we do have problems just like all siblings. It is hard to get along with any brother or sister. I have one half brother and he live in California now. He has been moving around different places and can not decide which place he want to settle down and stay put. He is 70 years old. Good grief!! :roll:

But when I visited her last August, 2006 and we really had a good time walking all over the Old Santa Fe Town visiting all the art gallery which both of us love art very much. So it is just the two of us only and no one else, so that is good. Sometime she will talk with strangers or if she knew someone. :dunno:

But I hope to come down again to visit her and we will have another blast in New Mexico. :fingersx:

I am baby in the family and my sister who is 4 year and half older than me and is next to me was being left out often because of my being deafness. She never really got attention when she needs it mostly so when she blew up at me bring all those old scars she carried with her all of her life at me. Nothing I can do about it till she accepted that she has problems and need help. I just happen understand why she acted to me this way and her hormones were out of whacked too. Bad diets, and stress of putting our mother in home tipped her over which I do not accept that. My two oldest brothers are cool and dont have hormones problems alike 4 of us sisters do. We fought alike cat all those childhood years but we still are together. I do not know if we will still be together once our mother gone. I simple do not need those dramas anymore. I am done with it.Trust them? I trust my family except for her, it is gone now. sad.

My mother was the 'Glue' that held our family together, the only time we all got together was for her birthday and holidays. I had not seen my younger sister since we buried our mom in 2008 and I could not care if I ever see my ex brother again after he robbed my mom of $150,000 and raped my older sister and robbed me of $20,000. My dad would had kill myex brother if he was still alive!

Back