Pissed about your audie, hearing aid or CI? Tell us!

Reaction score
The Evil Audiologist has arrived, and we are here to let you rant about how your audie sucks, or how your hearing aid or CI is a nightmare. :pissed:

Also, check out The Evil Audiologist blog, and some of our articles:

Rotten Audiology Schools
Two Words Why Widex Hearing Aids Cost Too Damn High: “Bird Grinder”
Dirty Tricks Used To Sell Hearing Aids: “White Coat Marketing” and The Phony “Research Study” Discount

Need to e-mail us privately? Just click EvilAuD@Outlook.com

I guess I am lucky-haven't met any "evil audis" yet. Have about 50 years in interactions with them.

He schedules a dual appointment with me and my husband. Does both the tests. Tells me I will only benefit from BAHA and will hate having hearing aids because they will have to be too loud and sound bad. Refuses to discuss any other options for me but tries to refer me to his BFF who is doing BAHA in this city. Then completely ignores me and sells my husband hearing aids while I sit there and cry.

Out of desperation I go to costco and buy their rexton power bte and it's not great... but I can function in public I guess.

Not too happy with my current Audi, I wanted a compilot but they couldnt program my Naidas as one is the original and the other is Q series so she needed to go away and promised to contact me when she found out what needed to be done......that was about 1 month ago

Not too happy with my current Audi, I wanted a compilot but they couldnt program my Naidas as one is the original and the other is Q series so she needed to go away and promised to contact me when she found out what needed to be done......that was about 1 month ago

I can use odd Naidas and still connect to my ComPilot.
It's easy to program it to make it work despite you having odd Naidas.
You just have to select and make sure you have the streaming programs added on both Naidas and then it'll link up.

I have a pair of Naida S III UP and Naida S IX UP and wearing just one Naida S III UP and one Naida S IX UP, the ComPilot still links.

I can use odd Naidas and still connect to my ComPilot.
It's easy to program it to make it work despite you having odd Naidas.
You just have to select and make sure you have the streaming programs added on both Naidas and then it'll link up.

I have a pair of Naida S III UP and Naida S IX UP and wearing just one Naida S III UP and one Naida S IX UP, the ComPilot still links.

But those are both spice, and he has a spice generation and a Q generation. I wonder if that could matter.

But those are both spice, and he has a spice generation and a Q generation. I wonder if that could matter.

The ComPilot has new software in which means you don't actually need to physically connect the ComPilot to the hearing aids now.

The remote side to the ComPilot won't work even if he had one Naida S and one Naida Q, the remote side wouldn't work still.

My friend has one Naida V UP and one Naida Q70 UP and even her iCom connects to both her Naidas because she has the streaming programs set up on both her hearing aids.

He schedules a dual appointment with me and my husband. Does both the tests. Tells me I will only benefit from BAHA and will hate having hearing aids because they will have to be too loud and sound bad. Refuses to discuss any other options for me but tries to refer me to his BFF who is doing BAHA in this city. Then completely ignores me and sells my husband hearing aids while I sit there and cry.

Out of desperation I go to costco and buy their rexton power bte and it's not great... but I can function in public I guess.

Go to a different ENT clinic/audiologist and see what they say??

I just got custom ear molds for my Beltone True 17's. I don't know if there's a correlation between the molds and the failure of the right and sometimes the left. But the right in particular has lost all its volume. When I shut the battery door on the left one it goes DING and the right just goes a quiet ding. I'm trying to get to the office but because of snow they wee close yesterday and my guy is out of the office until Friday. It's possible I might get to see his associate but I doubt it.

I just got custom ear molds for my Beltone True 17's. I don't know if there's a correlation between the molds and the failure of the right and sometimes the left. But the right in particular has lost all its volume. When I shut the battery door on the left one it goes DING and the right just goes a quiet ding. I'm trying to get to the office but because of snow they wee close yesterday and my guy is out of the office until Friday. It's possible I might get to see his associate but I doubt it.

Possibly impacted ear wax. I had that problem a few years ago.

Possibly impacted ear wax. I had that problem a few years ago.
I doubt that very much 1) because my ENT and audiologist ALWAYS comment on how clean my ear canals are. 2) if the HA is cooled down it would come back to life. But it has stopped doing that now also. My brother who works with computers thinks it might be a cold solder connection in the processor. (?) he said that the cooling would be a good test but far from a fix.

When she got it working in my good ear the sound was really poor quality so im not too sure if i want it now plus i just bought a whole heap of audio shoes.

I've had the same audiologist since 2006 and she's awesome.

However I wouldn't exactly call him evil, but as part of this car accident lawsuit, few years ago I had to go to this law office (of the guy who hit us) with my family, and I had to get an audiologist test done there.

When he said words to me, I could not even hear him well because there was a fan in the room. A loud fan.

That was the worst experience I ever had. So trying to figure out the words was a nightmare! I just told him I didn't understand lol. I didn't bother to mention the fan because I'm pretty sure if he was actually an "audiologist" - he'd know that the fan shouldn't be on. :/

Back