Pics of you - Part V

Thanks! Now if I could just figure out where I want to move... :/

Here's an idea. RIT has a major for Biotechnology and you could double major in both interpreting and Biotechnology. That'd be excellent for you, but it entirely depends on what you truly want to do.

Thank you dragonman.
RIT? I feel like I should know what that is...
I've been in school for forever; I really should be done by now but I have two years left of my program. I'm leaning toward moving to Washington D.C. when I'm done because I really do love politics and I'd love the atmosphere there and I think there might be a need in the area... but like I said, I'm just now doing my research.
Biotechnology is a no go for me though, Lana. haha! I hate math and science. I was going to be a teacher before I changed my major and fell in love with the Deaf community. But even then, that's a whole lot of school and I'm about sick and tired of being in school. I love my ASL and ITP courses... but if I have to sit through another course that I can't stand, I'll cry. lol!

Thank you dragonman.
I've been in school for forever; I really should be done by now but I have two years left of my program. I'm leaning toward moving to Washington D.C. when I'm done because I really do love politics and I'd love the atmosphere there and I think there might be a need in the area... but like I said, I'm just now doing my research.
Biotechnology is a no go for me though, Lana. haha! I hate math and science. I was going to be a teacher before I changed my major and fell in love with the Deaf community. But even then, that's a whole lot of school and I'm about sick and tired of being in school. I love my ASL and ITP courses... but if I have to sit through another course that I can't stand, I'll cry. lol!

Ha! RIT is in Rochester and is like the 2nd most popular university for deaf students/interpreting majors. I went there, they have a wonderful program. When you complete your Bachelor's degree, you can always try for grad school in deaf education at RIT, Gallaudet, McDaniels, and other universities across the country. I think I'll get my teaching degree in a year if I get a job as a teacher's aide this fall.

Ha! RIT is in Rochester and is like the 2nd most popular university for deaf students/interpreting majors. I went there, they have a wonderful program. When you complete your Bachelor's degree, you can always try for grad school in deaf education at RIT, Gallaudet, McDaniels, and other universities across the country. I think I'll get my teaching degree in a year if I get a job as a teacher's aide this fall.

I figured the R stood for Rochester. haha! Of course I've heard of Gallaudet and McDaniels, but not RIT. I'll have to look into it, but I've always said I didn't want to be in school for eight or twelve years. I just don't have the patience for being lectured and taking tests and all of that, not unless it's something I love. So after my undergrad is still up in the air right now. :)

I've always admired teachers. :) That's why I wanted to be one for so long. Then again, I was under the opinion (and I could be wrong) that I would have to get a degree in ASL (they didn't offer a minor at my school) and then get a degree in a subject, such as History, Math, English, etc. and THEN get my MAT in order to teach said subject. Nine years of school just made me cringe so I settled for the interpreting degree with the possible speech therapy Master's Program.

I figured the R stood for Rochester. haha! Of course I've heard of Gallaudet and McDaniels, but not RIT. I'll have to look into it, but I've always said I didn't want to be in school for eight or twelve years. I just don't have the patience for being lectured and taking tests and all of that, not unless it's something I love. So after my undergrad is still up in the air right now. :)

I've always admired teachers. :) That's why I wanted to be one for so long. Then again, I was under the opinion (and I could be wrong) that I would have to get a degree in ASL (they didn't offer a minor at my school) and then get a degree in a subject, such as History, Math, English, etc. and THEN get my MAT in order to teach said subject. Nine years of school just made me cringe so I settled for the interpreting degree with the possible speech therapy Master's Program.

I know a lot of teachers who graduated with a random undergrad degree and then went on to a specific deaf education program in grad school which is usually 2 years. Don't have to get a degree in ASL or any particular topic. Just apply for deaf education and you're good to go pretty much. So, it's like 6 years of school total.

Thank you dragonman.
your welcome you love ASL, you missing on attending on college I understand!

that is sad,! that is tough! reason strict to college attending?!

Here is a picture of me from last week on my Birthday :)
267923_2061793551730_1451444563_2276366_2994675_n.jpg

Here is a picture of me from last week on my Birthday :)

Happy Birthday, Derek!

And yes, smithtr, I am very strict about attending school... even though I'm ready to be done! I love ASL and the Deaf community so it makes it all the more worth my time!

Happy Birthday, Derek!

And yes, smithtr, I am very strict about attending school... even though I'm ready to be done! I love ASL and the Deaf community so it makes it all the more worth my time!
wow that is very be careful you strict responsiblity worth don't be attending lazy because I mistake fail my college kick out because worlds college is very strict control because order high percent to career become professional! that is why! lots of strict follow rule on policy!

That is in Canada, right? I currently go to the University of Louisville -- they have a new program there for ASL.

That is in Canada, right? I currently go to the University of Louisville -- they have a new program there for ASL.

yes I am interesting I am very curious! :P I live in Saskatoon (college!) SIAST
you live Canada?

Back