Pics of you - Part V

One audiologist thought I might have WS just because 1) I have blue eyes 2) I am deaf (duh) 3) I have prematurely grey hair.

Doubtful that I am, but too lazy to find out if I am.

LOL I got a 3 or 4 strings of white in front of my hair at age 15. Eventually I got a heavy white streak at age 21. I don't think if I have WS. *shrugs*

LOL I got a 3 or 4 strings of white in front of my hair at age 15. Eventually I got a heavy white streak at age 21. I don't think if I have WS. *shrugs*

Wow really? I got my first grey hair when I was 11. I have them all over my head, but there is a strong concentration right in the middle/front of my scalp. It's actually quite annoying. WHY THERE?! I'd rather for the grey hair to spread out, but nooooo... they have to be so damn social right at the front for everyone to see!

And nooo, X-men lovers! It's not as cool as Rogue. Hers is more platinum than grey. Grey is just BLAH.

Wow really? I got my first grey hair when I was 11. I have them all over my head, but there is a strong concentration right in the middle/front of my scalp. It's actually quite annoying. WHY THERE?! I'd rather for the grey hair to spread out, but nooooo... they have to be so damn social right at the front for everyone to see!

And nooo, X-men lovers! It's not as cool as Rogue. Hers is more platinum than grey. Grey is just BLAH.

Interesting. right now I do get all lots of peppers all over my head except the front still got a very white streak. of course i have been dying color my hair since i was 22. Some people says I look good in it, just like rogue. gosh. They keep saying "leave it alone and let it grow." I ignored them and dyed color my hair. They keep asking me if I have WS. i said, " i dont know i got it when i was 15. i dont go to see doctor about it. I got dark chocolate eyes. so what do you think?" they didnt say anything. ha

I started going grey at 16. If I don't color my hair, the worst of the gret is down a center part. I had been coloring it to cover, but now it won't cover at all, so I am going natural.

Now, my mother, started going grey after age 50, but she also got vitaligo as well. Her hair used to be dark auburn and slowing went silver/grey and not is mostly white due to the vitaligo. She has to cover her head anytime she goes outside and lives in long-sleeved shirts. She is also having to wear gloves outside now. Spending even 5 minuted outside will give her a massive sunburn.

Yep, I know a few people with that syndrome. Rather a fascinating syndrome although some pictures in the link are terrifying and doesn't quite belong in the batch like Michael Jackson? :lol: Would make a perfect Rogue for X-Men!

Haha, I have a patch of white hair, light blue eyes, and have only mild hearing loss in my right ear... which I didn't even know I had until a couple of years ago. I didn't know there was a thing called Waarenburg Syndrome, but it is very interesting. But I get the Rogue jokes, too! All the time!

Figured I'd add my picture, too. The first one is with my hair NOT dyed... I've decided to grow it out. The second one is a better one of my eyes without my contacts in. I have blue contacts that make my eyes darker, but the second picture is my regular eye color. :)

268350_1936474250364_1197570122_31750992_5719002_n.jpg
17053_1220714716823_1197570122_30550823_5303157_n.jpg

For Waardenburg always look at the nose bridge and set of the eyes.

Haha, I have a patch of white hair, light blue eyes, and have only mild hearing loss in my right ear... which I didn't even know I had until a couple of years ago. I didn't know there was a thing called Waarenburg Syndrome, but it is very interesting. But I get the Rogue jokes, too! All the time!

Figured I'd add my picture, too. The first one is with my hair NOT dyed... I've decided to grow it out. The second one is a better one of my eyes without my contacts in. I have blue contacts that make my eyes darker, but the second picture is my regular eye color. :)

I think your natural eye color is gorgeous!! Don't wear contacts!

For Waardenburg always look at the nose bridge and set of the eyes.

I have a friend with WS and she recently gave birth to a little boy who looks identical to her, nose bridge, eyes, everything. It was really interesting seeing how WS is passed on. Some are mild like the previous poster, some more severe, but I still think it's an unique and beautiful syndrome.

I think your natural eye color is gorgeous!! Don't wear contacts!

Haha, if I didn't wear contacts, I would be blind. I'm really close to being legally blind without my contacts... I can't see anything. :( But thank you very much!

I have a friend with WS and she recently gave birth to a little boy who looks identical to her, nose bridge, eyes, everything. It was really interesting seeing how WS is passed on. Some are mild like the previous poster, some more severe, but I still think it's an unique and beautiful syndrome.

I think it is interesting, too! Did the little boy have hearing loss?

Haha, if I didn't wear contacts, I would be blind. I'm really close to being legally blind without my contacts... I can't see anything. :( But thank you very much

I think it is interesting, too! Did the little boy have hearing loss?

Don't wear colored contacts then. :P

I think he was born deaf, too. His parents are both deaf.

Don't wear colored contacts then. :P

I think he was born deaf, too. His parents are both deaf.

LoL, my next ones will be clear. :) This was just for fun this time around. :P

I find it very interesting how genetics plays a role in congenital deafness, especially with the dominant and recessive genes and such. I considered being an audiologist -- too much school! I think I'm going to be an interpreter... depending on how much I like that, I might go back to school to be a speech therapist... but I'm not sure yet. I've always been fascinated with genetics and such though. Very interesting story.

LoL, my next ones will be clear. :) This was just for fun this time around. :P

I find it very interesting how genetics plays a role in congenital deafness, especially with the dominant and recessive genes and such. I considered being an audiologist -- too much school! I think I'm going to be an interpreter... depending on how much I like that, I might go back to school to be a speech therapist... but I'm not sure yet. I've always been fascinated with genetics and such though. Very interesting story.

When I went to college, I originally majored in Biotechnology because I was fascinated with genes too, and wanted to work on the genome project badly. My deafness isn't genetic, you could as well call me a mutant. I wasn't fully developed basically. Do whatever you want, follow your heart. :) If you do become an audiologist/speech therapist, make sure to learn about early intervention and that CI isn't the only "solution!"

Oh, I know that much! I think having the ASL background and being part of the Deaf community is going to help me out in that field. If I go into speech therapy, it's going to be to help bridge the communication gap between Hearies and Deafies. I don't think Deafies should have to learn how to talk, but I want to help out for the ones that do. I want to be educated by the needs of Deafies... I feel that the Hearing community just doesn't get it. If I were to ever have a Deaf child (I've considered adopting in the future), I would not insist on him or her getting an implant. That decision should be made by the child alone when s/he is ready.

When I went to college, I originally majored in Biotechnology because I was fascinated with genes too, and wanted to work on the genome project badly. My deafness isn't genetic, you could as well call me a mutant. I wasn't fully developed basically. Do whatever you want, follow your heart. :) If you do become an audiologist/speech therapist, make sure to learn about early intervention and that CI isn't the only "solution!"

damn - you should have stayed with major. why didn't you? It's a great money and benefit. With that - you can easily pursue photography hobby. Just like my friend. He was a microbiologist. With that much money he made... he's now a full-time photographer.... and very talented at it.

Arthur's Photo Connections

Haha, better you than me, lanapoo... I'm absolutely HORRID at science. :P I can do Biology and Anatomy very well, but anything with math just KILLS me.

Oh, I know that much! I think having the ASL background and being part of the Deaf community is going to help me out in that field. If I go into speech therapy, it's going to be to help bridge the communication gap between Hearies and Deafies. I don't think Deafies should have to learn how to talk, but I want to help out for the ones that do. I want to be educated by the needs of Deafies... I feel that the Hearing community just doesn't get it. If I were to ever have a Deaf child (I've considered adopting in the future), I would not insist on him or her getting an implant. That decision should be made by the child alone when s/he is ready.

Haha, better you than me, lanapoo... I'm absolutely HORRID at science. :P I can do Biology and Anatomy very well, but anything with math just KILLS me.

That's great that you're here to get yourself more immersed and gain new knowledge about what we really want for future deaf children!

And I was absolutely horrid in math, too! I ended up changing my major to my true passion which is visual journalism *basically photojournalism, but in a fancier term.* :lol:

That's great that you're here to get yourself more immersed and gain new knowledge about what we really want for future deaf children!

And I was absolutely horrid in math, too! I ended up changing my major to my true passion which is visual journalism *basically photojournalism, but in a fancier term.* :lol:

I'm glad that I can dedicate my future career to doing something that will help Deafies gain what they truly want! :)

I actually considered photojournalism... in a prior life. :D

I'm glad that I can dedicate my future career to doing something that will help Deafies gain what they truly want! :)

I actually considered photojournalism... in a prior life. :D

That's absolutely wonderful! All the good luck to you and your future. Hope you help do great things for us. <3

268350_1936474250364_1197570122_31750992_5719002_n.jpg
17053_1220714716823_1197570122_30550823_5303157_n.jpg

Look like beautiful! sound gorgeous

Back