phonak products brought in diffent countries

should they be

• yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Inmate, Please talk to an audiologist and they can explain why you should NOT be using the Naidas. It would be like lighting candles on a birthday cake with a blow torch IMHO. As many of us on this board have learned louder is not always better! You would be better off doing what ever you can to keep as much of your natural hearing as possible.

ok have cap which means my hearing(including hearing myself) just can disappear.

In the states? No one can sell them here by mail that I know of unless you bought them from some dishonest ebay seller who is not an audiologist.

or she traveled to the states, and got both doctor's and audiologist's approval (you don't need to be a citizen to do that).... Or had someone who is willing to give away Naida to her.

oh...wow...lol...that's ridiculous...you are going to ruin your hearing even more wearing hearing aids that are strong for u like that when you don't need the power

yeah. I think I'll just leave it to her and mind my own business. IF that's what she want, so be it.

or she traveled to the states, and got both doctor's and audiologist's approval (you don't need to be a citizen to do that.

for the right money you can get what want(which is waterrestance hearing aids from one boys to use as an fm)

for the right money you can get what want(which is waterrestance hearing aids from one boys to use as an fm)

It's illegal even for the money (it's not that easy to get away with it) . If you truly severely or profoundly deaf, and you say you got it from the states..you'll have to travel to the states and get it. Or you can get it from your very own audiologist where you live. The only thing I can think of that you got a used one from someone who no longer wear it.

Hi

I brought my naidias in the states and my smartlink in nz and they are not compatble acording phonak?

Should they be?

Hi Inmate23,
I was hoping that you would get a definitive answer to your initial question. As a jetsetter, I would like to know that the FM system I purchased here can be used elsewhere without sparking an incident. QANTAS has advised that they don’t have a problem during flights.
John

Like I said previously no they cannot. Everywhere you go they will have different frequencies that FM systems run on and if yours isn't set properly it will either not work AND/OR you can be put in jail, fined, for breaking law and using a frequency that is not allowed and such. FM system will word for your audio and such when plugged in but most likely will not work in another continent or country...aka if I bring my fm system to europe it will most likely not work as they run on different laws and FM frequencies for the system to pick up on.

Thanks AliciaM,
I'll pass your comments on to a couple of other forums which are struggling with this issue.
I'll also thank my lucky stars that I arrived home safely from my last O/S trip.
John

No prob:) My audi once let me know about this saying in case I travelled to be careful and just have my receivers and just ask for an FM where you go cuz if its a tourist spot they usually have FM...or loop system or something ...dont want ya to get in trouble over something small like that..:)

No, sometimes different countries have different frequencies in which the products work on. If you can return the Smart link and get another one in the States. Sorry no one told you, I've heard of this happening before.
Justin
www.hearingaiddocs.com

Back