Petition against "dirty signs" book publishing

Status
Not open for further replies.
books Do get banned you know

..my point is Deaf people needs that power, not the fucken publisher

You mean give power to a deaf publisher who likes to print books with blank pages in them and sell them to unwitting deaf people using false advertising? Yeah, that's the ticket.

You mean give power to a deaf publisher who likes to print books with blank pages in them and sell them to unwitting deaf people using false advertising? Yeah, that's the ticket.

Capitalism at its' finest, yes?

are you trying to be clever, indeed it may be wishful thinking, but its an ideal one, well because, Deaf people are the best judges of what should happen to sign language, and anything associated with the knowledge of sign, why? you simply ask? easy answer, Deaf people OWNS Sign language, and it should not be taken advantaged of by the hearies, they have no right. but indeed 'freedom of speech' sic is a crock of shit really, it is really just a rationale for worst kind of capitalism per se- the most lassiez faire orientated sort.

blank pages? we're not that deceptive like the hearies

are you trying to be clever, indeed it may be wishful thinking, but its an ideal one, well because, Deaf people are the best judges of what should happen to sign language, and anything associated with the knowledge of sign, why? you simply ask? easy answer, Deaf people OWNS Sign language, and it should not be taken advantaged of by the hearies, they have no right. but indeed 'freedom of speech' sic is a crock of shit really, it is really just a rationale for worst kind of capitalism per se- the most lassiez faire orientated sort.

Yeah, but hearing Indians owned sign language just as well long before America became America.

All varieties of American Indian Sign Language are currently endangered, but prior to the cultural disruption caused by European colonization, it was commonly used across a large swath of North America from the Gulf of Mexico to Calgary, Canada, an area of over 1 million square miles. It spread so far because it was used as a lingua franca between Native American nations speaking at least 40 different languages, but it was also used within native communities as an alternative to their spoken languages and as a primary language for deaf people. The current number of signers is unknown, but it is clear that there are still a number of users across North America, both hearing and deaf.
Hand Talk: American Indian Sign Language

:cool2:

blank pages? we're not that deceptive like the hearies

Both hearing and deaf people have deceived people in businesses. Just because one is "deaf" does not negate nor excuse them from the possibility of committing deceptive practices. No deaf person is any "cleaner" than hearing people doing those things.

Would you stop masturbating? ofc YOu know where not talking about Indians (and I knew they had signs) go to another thread, this is not yours to troll

Would you stop masturbating? ofc YOu know where not talking about Indians (and I knew they had signs) go to another thread, this is not yours to troll

Just pointing out a historical fact. I do believe that signing is primarily used by many deaf and hh people but certainly they do not own it any more than Indians own sign language as part of their own historical heritage that continues to today albeit nearly gone. :/ Sign language is for everybody to use, even among those who cannot speak but hear, those with autism (see Sign Language and Autism – Teaching Child Signing to Children Who Are Autistic) and even among hearing babies and parents where sign language allow babies/toddlers to communicate. To say that deaf people own sign language is being selfish and delusional to even push that.

I disagree

Just pointing out a historical fact. I do believe that signing is primarily used by many deaf and hh people but certainly they do not own it any more than Indians own sign language as part of their own historical heritage that continues to today albeit nearly gone. :/ Sign language is for everybody to use, even among those who cannot speak but hear, those with autism (see Sign Language and Autism – Teaching Child Signing to Children Who Are Autistic) and even among hearing babies and parents where sign language allow babies/toddlers to communicate. To say that deaf people own sign language is being selfish and delusional to even push that.

I think you a very good point kononut. How can any group of people "own" a language? They teach languages in schools, here in America the teacher's 1st language is English, but they teach French, Spanish, German etc etc. In other countries they teach English, I'd be willing to bet good money that the teachers teaching English to their students in say Germany or Japan their 1st language is not English. Do you see about bunch of British and Americans crying that they're teaching "our" language to people? That only English speaking people should be teaching it? Of course not, that's ridiculous.

I totally agree that there should be a board with deaf people on it to ensure standards that are taught, but that deaf people "own" it? That's a little far fetched if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back