Permanment or temporary?

I have been on the internet as far back as 1994-1995's, when they used to ship out AOL and WOW cd's for you to sign on for a free trial online without having to pay internet.

I first started forums around since 1998, 1999, but most of them have died. Some other ones I've been around since 2002, 2003 and haven't abandoned them, don't think it is possible for me too since the internet has brought me much knowledges the eras I've transitioned through.

So yeah, probably will still check here even if I get busy every now and then.

What is SEE? I tried to google it but didn't come up right.
For the topic, I am a permanent reader, maybe not so permanent writer.

Let's just say.. an easy analogy so you don't have to dig thru tons of stuff, picture a yin-yang. SEE being the yin, ASL being the yang. :cool2:

The two forces don't go well with each other, yet they are of the same sphere of "sign languages".

Let's just say.. an easy analogy so you don't have to dig thru tons of stuff, picture a yin-yang. ASL being the yin, SEE being the yang. :cool2:

Cool! Thanks visualizing always helps!

*shrug* I don't know. I've been here since 2006 so I guess that says something. I tend to take awfully long AD hiatus.

probably in for long haul since I know a lot of you in person but like everybody else - my level of participation will vary depending on situation

If you had asked me that a year ago, I would have said permanently. However, I ask myself almost daily why I stay here. I know the answer to that question, but, the truth is, I'm not posting as much and I don't see that changing any time soon. At some point, I will leave.

As long as a few certain friends are here, so am I, so I hope permanently.

I'm deaf for life .....so I will stay for bit nice to meet you all.

I thought I would never return to AD after I joined in 2003. guess what I am still here. I guess I ll be around for a long time.

Last edited:
I'm concerned with the direction that AD is taking. More audism is being condoned...and more censorship by micromanagers. (I'm just being blunt.). I do find that the community of AD has some of the most amazing people, and I'm fortunate to have the opportunity to get to know some of them. A few I got to meet in real life. I even married one of them! :giggle: One day we will explain how we "met"...it's really a strange, amazing, and unbelievable story. Sometimes I forget he's a member on here, and I'll post something and later think...oh..shit...hope he doesn't see it! :shock:.lol
AllDeaf has gone through a lot of phases depending on the members who are active.

Here are some of the phases that we have gone through...

- high school seniors and college freshmen trying to be "cool" with a bunch of "PWN3D!" crap
- deaf mothers
- hearing interpreters
- video gamers
- hearing mothers with deaf babies
- CODA
- GLBT

A bunch of one group will come swarming in, the focus is on those for a while... then they fade away. A few will stay with us.

Then a bunch of another group will come swarming in, and so on and on...

Those who stay are the ones I usually have more respect for.

For instance, a bunch of video gamers come in here. The one topic that's discussed the most is video games. After a while, a lot of those members get bored since there's already a lot of non-gamers here. So, they leave. Yet, a few stay behind because they don't think "video games ONLY!" and interact with the rest of us.

Those are the ones that many of us get along with. :)

Who really know?...We all are living on borrowed time....Anyhow, as long as AD is interesting and some knowledge is gleemed from it and the "name calling" is put to rest....I'll be around. My outlook and personal opinion of many things have changed somewhat after being here and reading all the responses. Many thanks to Jillio for having me put on my "thinking cap" and "seeing the other side's opinion" of things....Other posters have done the same.

Back