Pay Raise

sequoias

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Hey peeps,

Ive been a employee with Enterprise Rent A Car for 3 years and 5 months. My job responsibilities are cleaning rental cars, delivering cars to service them, pick up and drop off customers from/to locations and dropping/picking up cars from other branch or locations.

I have NOT gotten a pay raise since. I did ask my boss 3 times at the time I worked in Wa state and he said there is a pay freeze and no one gets a raise. Now, that I currently been working here in Iowa for 1 year from a transfer from Wa state.

Whats your opinion and point of views about that situation? Its embarrassly long without a pay raise. :-/

I am sure you are a hard worker. (most of deafies are right? :D)
but what is your annual performance review look like? Did you sign off on the review? did you ask questions on any weaknesses noted on review? (everybody always have a weakness area even if they are stellar). Did you make an effort to improve on the weakness from last year review? did you make sure your boss/es is aware you are working on your "weakness area" and the improvement is consistant?

On the other hand, do you know what the company financial outlook is like? do you know the status of the quarterly statuses of profits? Since they are a private company, its hard for me to know how they are really doing. They appear to be doing well. On a side note, do you know which pay grade/band you are in? if you do, you should know whats the max ceiling is for the yearly pay you make and how much room there is. Sometimes a company wants to keep you in a certain title and not able to promote you since you might be maxed out what you can make for your title unless they make some adjustments/promotion .

If you can't answer any of these questions, its time for you to call your HR dept of the company and ask about the review process and how it works since you are unable to know what areas you should improve on, or whats the pay rate for the job you are doing in your area. Just asking for a raise without doing your homework and not stating why you should get a raise will not help your case. Problem is many of us are afraid of doing all what I just mentioned for a pay raise. :aw: Good luck , I hope you get a raise. I would have understand no raise due to sucky economy within last 2 years . you might possibly get a raise of some sort this year or so since economy is starting to kick back in now, but you need to do your homework since your company is huge and all these info is accessible by you.

So far I know that my annual review has been above average. Its good enough for a raise for sure. I think they wanted to prevent from laying off anyone so they probably wanted to do a pay freeze for everyone.

I know Im a good employee and my boss loves me. We always joke at each other and stuff, even bad ones. I could double check with the HR and ask them about that, wont hurt to try that.

I cannot be promoted for a higher level job. Its basically a dead end job. Most of the other jobs at Enterprise require a college degree. It may be maxed out but pay rate should continue to go up on how long you work there.

Last edited:
ok great! so far all good info! as for the pay grade band you are in, you should find out where you are at. Sometimes when you are maxed out and they want to give you a raise, you can always take a lump sum of the difference a year later. ;) A dead end job doesn't mean its a bad thing- as long you are working for extra cash, you should be happy.

Yea its not really a bad thing. I can always get a 2nd job, in case. I take advantage of the discount with renting the cars. :)

I cannot be promoted for a higher level job. Its basically a dead end job. Most of the other jobs at Enterprise require a college degree. It may be maxed out but pay rate should continue to go up on how long you work there.

there you go. as you said - it's a dead end job. There's no promotion for a higher-level job and there's no higher pay raise either. It will only raise up as according to a change in dollar value and minimum wage.

ie. if the job is $12/hr... the highest you can get is most likely 14... or even 15. that's it.

there you go. as you said - it's a dead end job. There's no promotion for a higher-level job and there's no higher pay raise either. It will only raise up as according to a change in dollar value and minimum wage.

ie. if the job is $12/hr... the highest you can get is most likely 14... or even 15. that's it.

Awww, does that include dental?

Jiro said:

Thats the issue. I get 8.25 a hour and no raise so far. Back in WA state, it was 10 a hour and still no raise. I recently asked my friend who still works at different Enterprise branch and he said sill no raise! We started working for Enterprise about the same time.

His other job still continue to get raises once a year. He started at 12.86 a hour and currently at 16.60/hr.

Thats the issue. I get 8.25 a hour and no raise so far. Back in WA state, it was 10 a hour and still no raise. I recently asked my friend who still works at different Enterprise branch and he said sill no raise! We started working for Enterprise about the same time.

His other job still continue to get raises once a year. He started at 12.86 a hour and currently at 16.60/hr.

it's time to leave for good :)

Jiro said:

it's time to leave for good :)

Yeah, but I cant lose the discounts on rental cars. :lol: I will when I find something better and reduce the hours with Enterprise is my goal.

Yeah, but I cant lose the discounts on rental cars. :lol: I will when I find something better and reduce the hours with Enterprise is my goal.

you drive rental cars that much?

I wish I worked at Enterprise. I would want my hand on every turbocharged cars they have. Wait, they don't rent turbocharged cars, do they?

Either way, you are lucky that you can get a good deal on car rentals. I wish I had that too.

Jiro said:

you drive rental cars that much?

Yep about 3 or 4 times last year.

dereksbicycles said:
I wish I worked at Enterprise. I would want my hand on every turbocharged cars they have. Wait, they don't rent turbocharged cars, do they?

Either way, you are lucky that you can get a good deal on car rentals. I wish I had that too.

Lol they dont have turbo cars but do have some fast cars.

I just learned that I will finally get a raise on my next anniversary. The recession is pretty much over thats why its is time to start going back to normal.

I just learned that I will finally get a raise on my next anniversary. The recession is pretty much over thats why its is time to start going back to normal.

Woo hoo! :wave:

Try doing this way if you want to ask for a raise. I got my part time job right after New Year's Eve 2010. I remember because we got a new GM and that GM wanted me to have the job.

So one year later, actually only ten months later--I asked him "how long have I been here" and set the stage for how long it has been since I was hired and then asked right there for a raise. How about a dollar raise? He looked at me and went "allright, you got it".

I don't plan to ask for a raise for a long time because in this business, they tend to give raises smaller than a dollar in these times but I've been good at my job and fielded my question that way. :)

Try it!:D

Try doing this way if you want to ask for a raise. I got my part time job right after New Year's Eve 2010. I remember because we got a new GM and that GM wanted me to have the job.

So one year later, actually only ten months later--I asked him "how long have I been here" and set the stage for how long it has been since I was hired and then asked right there for a raise. How about a dollar raise? He looked at me and went "allright, you got it".

I don't plan to ask for a raise for a long time because in this business, they tend to give raises smaller than a dollar in these times but I've been good at my job and fielded my question that way. :)

Try it!:D

Nah, I'm ok with it. I get huge discounts for renting cars. They usually give reviews to everyone on their anniversary of when they got the job. My anniversary is on Nov 21st.

Hey peeps,

Ive been a employee with Enterprise Rent A Car for 3 years and 5 months. My job responsibilities are cleaning rental cars, delivering cars to service them, pick up and drop off customers from/to locations and dropping/picking up cars from other branch or locations.

I have NOT gotten a pay raise since. I did ask my boss 3 times at the time I worked in Wa state and he said there is a pay freeze and no one gets a raise. Now, that I currently been working here in Iowa for 1 year from a transfer from Wa state.

Whats your opinion and point of views about that situation? Its embarrassly long without a pay raise. :-/

Why are you embarassed? I am a teacher with a Master's and havent had a raise in 3 years. Plus, my salary had been furloughed with a total of $400 deducted from my paycheck each month.

Back