Open relationships and marriages?

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know if it is a new trend now but I am seeing more and more of my friends who are in open relationships or even marriages in which they have 3somes, swap partners, and god knows what else.

However, I am starting to see some of those friends having problems in their relationships over jealousy or misunderstandings. I would think being in a relationship with 1 person is hard enough but to add more people into the initimate relationship would even make drama more likely? My husband and I are old fashioned but is this a new thing happening? I dont understand the point of having an open relationship or marriage so how does that work if anyone knows? LOL! :giggle:

Oh no!! The swinging 70s are back!! :eek3: Ive read about married couples try the "free love" lifestyle and for most, it ruined their marriages with jealousy, lack of trust, etc...

I believe that in our culture where staying with one person is the norm--which means most people live this lifestyle--and if a couple tries to bring another person into their sex life, usually would cause alot of problems. We are raised with the belief in marriage with one person thats it.

In other cultures or groups such as one branch of Mormons who still practice polygymy, the man sleeping with many wives works because their community supports it and raised their own people with that lifestyle.

I prefer to stay with one person tho--makes life a bit less complicated. :)

My Thoughts

I'd have to say that more people are doing it nowadays because people can not stay faithful. Of course, that's why divorce is so high now, but I hear it's going down! So that's positive! LOL

So don't think that everyone is doing it... It's not a fad in MOST couples! Unless, of course, you're wanting to try it.. Then, by all means, go ahead! Hahaha! :giggle:

I'd have to say that more people are doing it nowadays because people can not stay faithful. Of course, that's why divorce is so high now, but I hear it's going down! So that's positive! LOL

So don't think that everyone is doing it... It's not a fad in MOST couples! Unless, of course, you're wanting to try it.. Then, by all means, go ahead! Hahaha! :giggle:

Uhhhhhh no thanks. I had enough drama with friends in the past and I can't imagine bringing that kind of drama into my marriage. LOL besides it would be too weird for me cuz I am a monogamous person. Of course my hubby has fanstanties of 3some with me and another woman. I said what about me and another man and he said "ewwww no way!" I said same goes for me too with another woman "ewwww!"

Anyways, I was just talking with my friend last week who was gay for many years and all of sudden he announed that he is marrying a woman. We were all shocked and then he told all of us that they r both bi and plan on having an open marriage. *scratching my head*

The world is becoming too weird lately. Lol

Sorry, I don't understand the open relationship. To me, it just sounds like if you can't get lucky then that person is just a booty call or fall-back plan.

I have thought about having sex with another person, but that is all it is. Dreaming and eye candy. I only perfer my wife cause she small and tires me out. I can't think what a women just a hair bigger then her can do to me.

I know a couple (A) who are not amshamed that they lead open marriage with other married couple (B). They exhanged their spouses to have sex... I was like :eek3: and asked them why they do that... They said that they beleives if they want to have sex then open their spouses until they are agreed... They rather do that than cheat their spouses for others... ending divorce etc...

Few years after I married and left England to live in Germany, then I heard the rumor that (A) got pregnant. After birth to a child, everyone know a child´s look because his look is mirror as (B). :eek3: I learn the news that their friendship between (A) and (B) fall out and then end divorce.... That´s last I heard... I don´t know what happeend to them now.

I don't believe in an open relationship or marriage.

Obviously it seems to me that the couple isn't getting enough pleasure from each others...:ugh3: ..

When I first heard about someone who had mention about having an open marriage by agreeing to have sex with other people, all she did was bragging and bragging about it, made me sick....:barf:

I don't believe in open marriage, having sex with more than just their spouse. It's like committing adultery, what reason to have sex with more than their spouse? because there's not enough excitements? It's too dull to make love to one person? Need more to spice up their sex life? The Bible says that in marriage two become one. If they had sex with more than just their spouses, experiencing jealousy will start to kick in. Is it worth to go through that?

I know one marriage couple were swingers, had sex with other swingers and both of them end up with sexually transmitted diseases, then a year later they both found out they were HIV positive. :eek:

Yep Angel, I remember that, It made me sick too I don't give a shit who's bisexual it just so sickness to have sex with other people while they're married or in a relationship. :barf:

Well, open relationships is not good because of 1 person can be bad jealously can lead to into a mess with a relationships who person really love her/ him

Back