Online Dating

I only really had one decent experience with online dating and whatnot... I met a girl who lives like 10 hours from me (in CT), and she is really nice - we talked on the phone all the time, and really hit it off. The real obstacle was the distance - I have 2 on-call positions and can't really afford to take off work to go up there, and she doesn't like driving... We have tried to make plans to meet up many times; it just never seems to work out. So now we are just real good friends and don't talk as much...

I wouldn't be opposed to trying the online dating scene again, just hasn't happened.

I've tried it a few times over the years. Overall, I would say that it has worked. For me, I'm just too busy to get out and meet people so it's good for me.

The key is to meet, as soon as possible, to see if there is chemistry and to be sure that the other person isn't misrepresenting themselves.

Strangely enough, the only time I signed up at a Deaf online dating site I never met anyone so I decided I wouldn't go that route again.

I haven't done online dating, but from what I experience, nowadays it's just like real life blind dating. Except you get to do more of it. You win a few, lose a lot. Of course, you still have to be careful. Here are my friends' success stories:

Friend 1: Met 2 guys from an online dating site. Didn't click with guy 1. Clicked with guy 2 and they have been dating for 6 months.

Friend 2: Met 1 guy from an online dating site. Clicked with him, but he didn't click with her. REJECTED! Ouch.

Friend 3: Met 4 guys from an online dating site. 1 didnt click. 2 became flings. 1 was a 2 year relationship.

Like I said you win some, you lose some.

I am against online LONG distance dating.... for one reason only: WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!!?

I haven't done online dating, but from what I experience, nowadays it's just like real life blind dating. Except you get to do more of it. You win a few, lose a lot. Of course, you still have to be careful. Here are my friends' success stories:

Friend 1: Met 2 guys from an online dating site. Didn't click with guy 1. Clicked with guy 2 and they have been dating for 6 months.

Friend 2: Met 1 guy from an online dating site. Clicked with him, but he didn't click with her. REJECTED! Ouch.

Friend 3: Met 4 guys from an online dating site. 1 didnt click. 2 became flings. 1 was a 2 year relationship.

Like I said you win some, you lose some.

I am against online LONG distance dating.... for one reason only: WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!!?

You're right. You win some and you lose some.

I also agree with the long distance dating. Why bother? The whole point of dating is to get to know someone and how they are on a daily basis. It's way too easy to hide who you really are if you're at a distance. Plus, if I'm going to date someone I would expect to go out together more than once every 2-6 months when we can afford to see each other.

I've been in a relationship with someone I met online before. We didn't meet on a dating site though. So the premise of our interaction began as platonic companionship. I think meeting someone online can provide a comfortable atmosphere to focus on conversation. I don't think virtual interaction can replace real life communication, but I think it's independent in it's value. If you can meet someone you love, it really doesn't matter where you met them, in my humble opinion :D

Back