Online Dating

ember

Reaction score
A story I read today sparked a question for me, do you believe in online dating, does it work, do you really get to know a person really by way of emails and chatting online? why or why not?

Yes I strive to one day become a better stalker via the internet.... turns out I am not very good at it due to my poor sense of direction... very sad

Yes I strive to one day become a better stalker via the internet.... turns out I am not very good at it due to my poor sense of direction... very sad

I am right there with you, I always seem to stick my foot in mouth I don't mean to but it happens. I don't know how to play the game so I gave up trying. You know don't say this yet or don't talk about that, why not, I am me the first day or the last, might as well get it all out now, though I don't make the best judgement calls when alcohol is involved.

Umm hmm that was a joke.... not sure where you got your response but ahwell

Right now I don't date its not realistic for me to do so.

But back when I did have a life, I have no filter so yes my foot would end up on my mouth or I would have to sit on my hands but usually I don't follow rules just try to be polite while still being my blunt self

Umm hmm that was a joke.... not sure where you got your response but ahwell

Right now I don't date its not realistic for me to do so.

But back when I did have a life, I have no filter so yes my foot would end up on my mouth or I would have to sit on my hands but usually I don't follow rules just try to be polite while still being my blunt self

OH NO! I am sorry I missed the joke I'm a dork I am truly sorry! LoL

I am open to dating but not looking for it. I tried online dating a few times and it failed when I see abs or lots of pics of the places they have traveled to I :iough:

OH NO! I am sorry I missed the joke I'm a dork I am truly sorry! LoL

I am open to dating but not looking for it. I tried online dating a few times and it failed when I see abs or lots of pics of the places they have traveled to I :iough:

Its ok :giggle: word of advice don't take me to seriously I am the queen of bad jokes just ask PFH most of them don't make sense

(to PFH: Hello govner)

But no no on the dating for me just poking at your thread I will leave now
:iough:
:giggle:

Its ok :giggle: word of advice don't take me to seriously I am the queen of bad jokes just ask PFH most of them don't make sense

(to PFH: Hello govner)

But no no on the dating for me just poking at your thread I will leave now
:iough:
:giggle:

Aww don't leave its ok I don't mind at all

I'll give you an response. I met a woman through online dating, which now I'm married to her.
Really, the reason I use Deaf online dating is because deaf population are very sparse. I was hoping to find one locally but there's alway a perfect match elsewhere, you know 1000 miles away. I took my time and patience to search for one. If I met someone online, I take my time to talk with her via IM or webcam or VP. The more I spent time with her to see if there's any "Catch 22", or hidden "lie" or whatever. You know if we are smart enough to questions her then weeks later ask her again. You know you can't remember what you lied before.
So the biggest problem is that we are far apart. It's a big decision to have her move in with me from 300 miles away. You know it's hard if I should move or she should move, why? because of children. IF she move, she have to bring her children but her ex will get very angry and not able to have visitation with children. Then whole thing will become a mess, you know lawyer, court and such. Luckly that she have 2 kids who are 20 years old and over. They can decide if they want to move with her or stay with her.
Online dating are not that bad at all, if you are being careful and be smart.
It's very different than hearing online dating.

My current BF and I met on an online dating site we are going 4 yrs strong so far. I was kinda standoffish about it cause I had been told by E-harmony that I was unmatchable.

He was very hard to ignore and I finally gave in. I am very glad I did.

I met my BF online, though a mutual friend who gave me his email address so I can ask him questions about being a deaf student at Caltech (I was applying to colleges at that time). From there, we just hit it off and got to know each other. xD xD xD

We're one year strong. :)

My current BF and I met on an online dating site we are going 4 yrs strong so far. I was kinda standoffish about it cause I had been told by E-harmony that I was unmatchable.

He was very hard to ignore and I finally gave in. I am very glad I did.

Unmatchable wow screw them!

Besides I used to date a model that was a quote unquote success story for eharmony and a few other dating sites, I thought it was hilarious that he was their success story it was him and some girl all snuggled up on the front page of the web sites with their love story, he took a picture with the girl didn't even know her name. HA!!!! So a lot of it is phony you didn't miss out on anything.

Last edited:
my brother met his wife through a dating site almost 10 years ago. They have been married for 7 years. They have two kids.

Unmatchable wow screw them!

Besides I used to date a model that was a quote unquote success story for eharmony and a few other dating sites, I thought it was hilarious that he was their success story it was him and some girl all snuggled up on the front page of the web sites with their love story, he took a picture with the girl didn't even know her name. HA!!!! So a lot of it is phony you didn't miss out on anything.

I think the reason was I honest and put down PAGAN. LOL that puts me in the Big Red Flag group. They don't want to take the time out there to try and find a pagan a match when there are thousands of Christians & Jews out there so easily matched.

The funniest thing is my BF is a steadfast Catholic, he doesn't care that I am a different religion than he is. He is not trying to convert me and I am not trying to convert him either.

I met both of my exes online. Welll... They're my exes now. It didn't work out very well although both relationships were long terms, but I'm looking for something better. I know I can do better. This is one thing I hate about online dating... They seem so sweet and great at first, and then they start showing their true colors about 6 months into the relationship. :(

I am taking it easy on the dating scene now and going with the flow.

I met both of my exes online. Welll... They're my exes now. It didn't work out very well although both relationships were long terms, but I'm looking for something better. I know I can do better. This is one thing I hate about online dating... They seem so sweet and great at first, and then they start showing their true colors about 6 months into the relationship. :(

I am taking it easy on the dating scene now and going with the flow.

Thats a trend for all relationships, Dr. Jekyll meet Mr. Hyde

I did try it...ended up with few good friends. Didnt hurt me.

Back