Old Testament vs New Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did not stated that God was a murder in the bible.

Yes, the bible did not call God as a murder but stated that God killed the people including babies, toddlers, children.

You were the one who said it, Now you're in denied?

:confused: I do not deny my statement that God is a murder. I do not deny my knowledge from the bible that God killed the people including babies, toddlers, children.

The bible stated that The Ten Commandments represent God’s moral law,

The Ten Commandements was created by Moses.

just like how Government has it's own laws that we have to follow.

Yes every Government set their law differently how to punish their people. I also label Government as a murder for kill the people as well if death penatly is including the law. All what I see that the laws, Government set is for teenagers and adults only, not babies, toddlers and children like what God did to babies, toddlers, children.

What happens when you don't follow the law? You face charge, send to prison or jail.

I agree with those law for send the people to jail, prison or penalty fine, not kill them.

With God, "Sin" rebellion against the rule of God, he has the right to determine to bring judgments on those disobediences, and he even said it at the begin, sin equal death, Because of his holy nature, He must punish sin.

God can punish the people for their disobediences but not kill them.

If Government set the law for death penalty then is a murder.

Get your fact straight, Liebling.

Me? No, it´s you who need to straight your fact and logic, Cheri. :cool:

Right!

God already kicked out and throw out Lucifer and 1/3 angels to earth from heaven. Lucifer's name was changed to Satan. Lucifer was perfect in beauty and wisdom. Lucifer shielded God's throne. The 1/3 angels become demons who joined to Satan. Lucifer wanted instead to God. God not accepted it but Lucifer forget that God created Lucifer first the place. Ezekiel 28:11-19 Isaiah 14: 12-14 Revelation 12:4 Colossians 1:16-17.

Just kick Lucifer out of heaven? Why can´t God destory Lucifer instead of kill the people... :roll:

Have you read the difference about Satan between OT and NT?

It´s Moses who wrote 10 commandments. Right?

Right! I mean that if without 10 commandments? It will not have judge courts and mess up or other ways or worse curse or wrong way. Maybe other explain: kill, steal and not obey parent and wrong worship idols etc.......

Just kick Lucifer out of heaven? Why can´t God destory Lucifer instead of kill the people... :roll:

Yes, God does kick Lucifer out from heaven. Because Lucifer planned take God's place. Lucifer wanted be God. God not accepted Lucifer thats why. Lucifer was very jealous over God. Lucifer called 1/3 angels meet each other and rebuked against God. that's time before Adam came.

I had no idea why God can't destroy Lucifer..... But I know God gave test on everyone choose serve Lord or serve devil. Adam knew which evil or good choose one. Satan won target on Eve and Adam. God told Adam dont eat fruit the tree.

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Yes, I read OT and NT about Satan. there are no different on OT and NT but remember John 1:17. Reason came to NT because 400 yrs no serve with Lord!! whoa!!! God seek people not serve with Lord and went worse worship evil and DARKNESS for 400 yrs. That's why God send to His Son to world for saved people's heart. Now everyone choose serve Jesus Christ or serve devil after Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sin. Jesus not religion or legalism. It is your or everyone choose.

Reason, God kill the people what you can explain me what your point?

Last edited:
Where? I only know that it´s Mose who made 10 Commandments and claimed that it´s God´s word.

Exodus 20:1-17

" And God spake all these words, saying, I am Jehovah thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee a graven image, nor any likeness [of any thing] that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them, for I Jehovah thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, upon the third and upon the fourth generation of them that hate me, and showing lovingkindness unto thousands of them that love me and keep my commandments. Thou shalt not take the name of Jehovah thy God in vain; for Jehovah will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labor, and do all thy work; but the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days Jehovah made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore Jehovah blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long in the land which Jehovah thy God giveth thee. Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor`s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor`s wife, nor his man-servant, nor his maid-servant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor anything that is thy neighbor`s. "

You see I underlined these words above. God spoke to Moses about His Ten Commandments ( His Laws ). This is in the Old Testament.

In the New Testament, Jesus spoke of the Ten Commandments as well. :)

Ok, now ...you provided the links above. I noticed one of them is atheisim, so I am not followin' it. Some of the links are not accurate. There's also a movie called " The Ten Commandments " - actor named Charles Heston. You may want to check that out in your local area and see, if you could find it and maybe, you can watch it ? ... hmm ... it may help you to understand better with visual pictures. And, yes it does have closed caption. Good luck to find one, if you are interested ! ;)

Yes, the bible did not call God as a murder but stated that God killed the people including babies, toddlers, children.

:confused: I do not deny my statement that God is a murder. I do not deny my knowledge from the bible that God killed the people including babies, toddlers, children.

The Ten Commandements was created by Moses.

Yes every Government set their law differently how to punish their people. I also label Government as a murder for kill the people as well if death penatly is including the law. All what I see that the laws, Government set is for teenagers and adults only, not babies, toddlers and children like what God did to babies, toddlers, children.

I agree with those law for send the people to jail, prison or penalty fine, not kill them.

God can punish the people for their disobediences but not kill them.

If Government set the law for death penalty then is a murder.

Me? No, it´s you who need to straight your fact and logic, Cheri. :cool:

I encourage you read about OT in Leviticus, and Deuteronomy. You will understand better. because people wasn't followed to Lord's law since OT was too strict. Explain: Noah did preached people many yrs while he build the biggest boat. People mocked Noah no rain then rain came true enough. People wasn't serve Lord and went worship evil and idols.

You read Deuteronomy 28 all chapters about Bless or Curse. It very good read about choose one Bless or Curse. :angel:

I show you explain, In OT story, Aaron's 2 sons died from God destoryed them because they wasn't right followed Moses command in Holy Tent. They was play game on God. It very DANGEROUS! Leviticus 10:1-20 KJV

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.

2 And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.

3 Then Moses said unto Aaron, This [is it] that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.

4 And Moses called Mishael and Elzaphan, the sons of Uzziel the uncle of Aaron, and said unto them, Come near, carry your brethren from before the sanctuary out of the camp.

5 So they went near, and carried them in their coats out of the camp; as Moses had said.

6 And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD hath kindled.

7 And ye shall not go out from the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: for the anointing oil of the LORD [is] upon you. And they did according to the word of Moses.

8 And the LORD spake unto Aaron, saying,

9 Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die: [it shall be] a statute for ever throughout your generations:

10 And that ye may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;

11 And that ye may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the LORD hath spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.

12 And Moses spake unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons that were left, Take the meat offering that remaineth of the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and eat it without leaven beside the altar: for it [is] most holy:

13 And ye shall eat it in the holy place, because it [is] thy due, and thy sons' due, of the sacrifices of the LORD made by fire: for so I am commanded.

14 And the wave breast and heave shoulder shall ye eat in a clean place; thou, and thy sons, and thy daughters with thee: for [they be] thy due, and thy sons' due, [which] are given out of the sacrifices of peace offerings of the children of Israel.

15 The heave shoulder and the wave breast shall they bring with the offerings made by fire of the fat, to wave [it for] a wave offering before the LORD; and it shall be thine, and thy sons' with thee, by a statute for ever; as the LORD hath commanded.

16 And Moses diligently sought the goat of the sin offering, and, behold, it was burnt: and he was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, the sons of Aaron [which were] left [alive], saying,

17 Wherefore have ye not eaten the sin offering in the holy place, seeing it [is] most holy, and [God] hath given it you to bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the LORD?

18 Behold, the blood of it was not brought in within the holy [place]: ye should indeed have eaten it in the holy [place], as I commanded.

19 And Aaron said unto Moses, Behold, this day have they offered their sin offering and their burnt offering before the LORD; and such things have befallen me: and [if] I had eaten the sin offering to day, should it have been accepted in the sight of the LORD?

20 And when Moses heard [that], he was content.

------------------------------------------------------

NIV Leviticus 10:1-20

The Death of Nadab and Abihu

1 Aaron's sons Nadab and Abihu took their censers, put fire in them and added incense; and they offered unauthorized fire before the LORD, contrary to his command. 2 So fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed them, and they died before the LORD. 3 Moses then said to Aaron, "This is what the LORD spoke of when he said:
" 'Among those who approach me
I will show myself holy;
in the sight of all the people
I will be honored.' "
Aaron remained silent.

4 Moses summoned Mishael and Elzaphan, sons of Aaron's uncle Uzziel, and said to them, "Come here; carry your cousins outside the camp, away from the front of the sanctuary." 5 So they came and carried them, still in their tunics, outside the camp, as Moses ordered.

6 Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons Eleazar and Ithamar, "Do not let your hair become unkempt, [a] and do not tear your clothes, or you will die and the LORD will be angry with the whole community. But your relatives, all the house of Israel, may mourn for those the LORD has destroyed by fire. 7 Do not leave the entrance to the Tent of Meeting or you will die, because the LORD's anointing oil is on you." So they did as Moses said.

8 Then the LORD said to Aaron, 9 "You and your sons are not to drink wine or other fermented drink whenever you go into the Tent of Meeting, or you will die. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. 10 You must distinguish between the holy and the common, between the unclean and the clean, 11 and you must teach the Israelites all the decrees the LORD has given them through Moses."

12 Moses said to Aaron and his remaining sons, Eleazar and Ithamar, "Take the grain offering left over from the offerings made to the LORD by fire and eat it prepared without yeast beside the altar, for it is most holy. 13 Eat it in a holy place, because it is your share and your sons' share of the offerings made to the LORD by fire; for so I have been commanded. 14 But you and your sons and your daughters may eat the breast that was waved and the thigh that was presented. Eat them in a ceremonially clean place; they have been given to you and your children as your share of the Israelites' fellowship offerings. 15 The thigh that was presented and the breast that was waved must be brought with the fat portions of the offerings made by fire, to be waved before the LORD as a wave offering. This will be the regular share for you and your children, as the LORD has commanded."

16 When Moses inquired about the goat of the sin offering and found that it had been burned up, he was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, Aaron's remaining sons, and asked, 17 "Why didn't you eat the sin offering in the sanctuary area? It is most holy; it was given to you to take away the guilt of the community by making atonement for them before the LORD. 18 Since its blood was not taken into the Holy Place, you should have eaten the goat in the sanctuary area, as I commanded."

19 Aaron replied to Moses, "Today they sacrificed their sin offering and their burnt offering before the LORD, but such things as this have happened to me. Would the LORD have been pleased if I had eaten the sin offering today?" 20 When Moses heard this, he was satisfied.

I would like to share with you, Lieblin' about the Ten Commandments in the New Testament. I will just go ahead and type the scriptures here for you to read.

Matthew 19:16-19

" And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. "

One man asked Jesus about the Ten Commandments and Jesus answered. You see, from the Old Testament God spoke to Moses about the Ten Commandments and NOW, Jesus answered to one man about the Ten Commandments. This is the SAME God who spoke to Moses in the Old Testament AND in the New Testament to one man who asked Him.

My magnify glass is sharp and clear. :)

Satan and all the angels, good and bad, were created immortal; they can't be killed. That's why Satan has to be bound in Hell; he can't die.

Hebrews 10: 16-18

16 This [is] the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin.

See my post here...

http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity...ictions-philosopher-historian.html#post566637 <-- regarding "Banned from the Bible"

Those 27 books in Holy Bible have been chosen by Bishops from various countries that such voting occurred in Niecea, Bithynia in a country which is now Iznik, Turkey which this such "First Council" has been initiated by Roman Emperor Constantine. See this: First Council of Nicaea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia(<-in this link, go to bottom of the page and check out the link "The Council of Nicaea and the Bible")

Very important quote^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There were 300 Bishops deciding which books to go into Holy Bible!

Few days ago I watched a documentary about William Tyndale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia called "Battle for The Bible"( SECRETS OF THE DEAD . Battle for the Bible | PBS ) on "Secrets of the Dead" show on PBS He was inspired by Martin Luther( Martin Luther - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) for his translating from Greek to German and William knows several languages so he's gifted linguist. he translated the bible into King James Version which included "vulgar language" (ie: everyday language or street language) But he didn't get to live his full life but caught and burned at the stake!

example of common language from Luther Bible (German Bible translated from Greek Bible);
Luther Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look at the chart: english literal translation and english meaning.

you see that "Holy Bible" was put together a 27 books approved by 300 Bishops but that Bible was in Greek! then someone try to translate bible into readable english bible for use in England.

Think about it. Do you really want to believe in the Holy Book that was put together by 300+ Bishops from various countries except Britain?

Last few months, I read about William Tyndale. I really shocked and broke my heart about his story life. Catholic found out Willliam that William found out truth about Jesus Christ. Catholic murdered William!
because he left catholic false doctrine. William former catholic.

Martin Luther murdered many people who with Jesus Christ! Martin Luther was anti-Christ!

300 Bishops was wrong doctrine!

Matthew 5:17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

But after he got crucified, Paul wrote that salvation is by faith, not by works.

Galatians
"2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

Roman
"10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."

It is a contradiction. But Christians try to rationalize that since Jesus died for our sins, the laws are abolished. All we needed was faith in him.

That's not what Luke says.

Luke 2:1
And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)

According to Luke, Jesus was born after 6 CE.
Quirinius became governer of Syria in 6 CE, ten years after king Herod's death.
Wikipedia: Quirinius

Is Luke wrong?

That's not what Luke says.

According to Luke, Jesus was born after 6 CE.
Quirinius became governer of Syria in 6 CE, ten years after king Herod's death.
Wikipedia: Quirinius

Is Luke wrong?
Luke is not wrong. Jesus was born during the reign of Herod in B.C. Cyrenius was not governor of Syria until about 12 years after the birth of Jesus.

The record showed 6 AD, but the earlier census may have been set in Rome about 8 BC, while Cyrenius was governor of Syria. Several years would be required to complete such a census. Luke wrote 2 books: the Gospel of Luke and the Acts. He mentions Cyrenius' later census in Acts 5:37.

It´s Moses who wrote 10 commandments. Right?

According to the Bible, God inscribed the Ten Commandments into stone: "God said to Moses, 'Come up to Me, to the mountain, and remain there. I will give you the stone tablets, the Torah and the commandment that I have written for [the people's] instruction."

No matter what, the bible stated that God killed the people which mean is a murder, period.
In your eyes it's murder, in my eyes it is not.

I only see the fact but you are the one who deny that God killed the people.
I am not denying anything, I don't have to agree with you, You making me take you side over God's I don't think so, I have a mind of my own, and I follow my own mind, I know God did not kill those people for the heck of it. You complain about how God killed babies, Aren't you pro-choice? Does it make you any better than God? Abortion kills.

Luke is not wrong. Jesus was born during the reign of Herod in B.C. Cyrenius was not governor of Syria until about 12 years after the birth of Jesus.

The record showed 6 AD, but the earlier census may have been set in Rome about 8 BC, while Cyrenius was governor of Syria. Several years would be required to complete such a census. Luke wrote 2 books: the Gospel of Luke and the Acts. He mentions Cyrenius' later census in Acts 5:37.

Could you cite your source so I may verify your post.

Originally Posted by Liebling:)))
No matter what, the bible stated that God killed the people which mean is a murder, period.

Soldier who shot and kills their enemy, do they label as murder people or what?

In my opinion they are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back