Oklahoma City most likely will get NBA Team!

DVDFreaker

Reaction score
The Oklahoma tax passed today with a large margin and Oklahoma City might get a NBA team (I live in Moore, Oklahoma) so I am very excited!!!! Anybody want to come with me and watch the NBA at Ford Center in Oklahoma City? GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bowdown: :mrgreen:

That's the team we're losing to Oklahoma City.

Seattle Sonics? Yeah, I'm sorry man :( Will you still root for them or will you root for another team?

Not really because they moved the team that has been in Seattle for more than 30 years. Why can't they create a new team in Oklahoma City? I don't know really how exactly NBA works, though.

Not really because they moved the team that has been in Seattle for more than 30 years. Why can't they create a new team in Oklahoma City? I don't know really how exactly NBA works, though.

Because they have many NBA teams so don't really need another expansion team, it's the Sonics' fault for refusing to make improvements to their faculity/renew their lease so they gonna most like move but that's up to the voters next month to see if they will move to Oklahoma City for good!

Because they have many NBA teams so don't really need another expansion team, it's the Sonics' fault for refusing to make improvements to their faculity/renew their lease so they gonna most like move but that's up to the voters next month to see if they will move to Oklahoma City for good!

Probably so, the stadium isn't that old. It was built in 1995, so I don't think it really needs much improvements.

Probably so, the stadium isn't that old. It was built in 1995, so I don't think it really needs much improvements.

Yeah but they still refuse to renew their lease which is stupid, their loss, oklahoma city's gain

I think it has to do with the Sonics owner demanding a new basketball-type arena to be built and etc.. and the city of Seattle has refused to assist in this.. so it might have help put the team closer to moving to OK City... it would be a shame to see the Sonics move from Seattle, but OK City has done well in hosting the New Orleans Hornets for about 2 seasons and it could be doable with good support there... so all that remains is to see if the Sonics does leave after this season or next season?

I think it has to do with the Sonics owner demanding a new basketball-type arena to be built and etc.. and the city of Seattle has refused to assist in this.. so it might have help put the team closer to moving to OK City... it would be a shame to see the Sonics move from Seattle, but OK City has done well in hosting the New Orleans Hornets for about 2 seasons and it could be doable with good support there... so all that remains is to see if the Sonics does leave after this season or next season?

I don't think they want to spend for another new stadium because we already have baseball and football stadiums that was built not long ago. There was proposals of stadiums in Renton, Bellevue, and a few other cities but that has failed.

Seattle is too busy worrying about the economy and job growth/downtown zoning stuff. Also, importantly the SR 99 viaduct.

OKC Sonics? Nah better OKC Royals?

OKC Sonics name might be doable somehow.. as for OKC Royals?? I doubt it as I am sure the Sacramento Kings probably has the ownership on the Royals name as ya would know they used to be the Rochester Royals and then Cincinnati Royals before moving to Kansas City to be the KC Kings and on toward Sacramento... so I dunno if the name Royals could be sold to the OKC team.. have to wait and see....

OKC Sonics name might be doable somehow.. as for OKC Royals?? I doubt it as I am sure the Sacramento Kings probably has the ownership on the Royals name as ya would know they used to be the Rochester Royals and then Cincinnati Royals before moving to Kansas City to be the KC Kings and on toward Sacramento... so I dunno if the name Royals could be sold to the OKC team.. have to wait and see....

oh yea forget abt Sac Kings are formerly OKC Royals then changed to Kings before move to Sac...

Yeah, I wonder who picks the name of the team and vote it. Do the people of OKC pick it or the NBA committee do that?

Yeah, I wonder who picks the name of the team and vote it. Do the people of OKC pick it or the NBA committee do that?

I hope Commissioner Stern would let fans pick nickname, design logo, and colors then NBA committe can pick top 5 or 10 then fans vote them?

I hope Commissioner Stern would let fans pick nickname, design logo, and colors then NBA committe can pick top 5 or 10 then fans vote them?

Hmmm, hope so too. I wonder about how that works.

It is strange to read , "Here is your Oklahoma City Sonics!"
But there s plenty of strange team names in professional sports. Go Figure.

Back