OK to doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it's also arrogant to clam such a supreme opinion (about as bad as the people you're speaking against.). A truly intelligent person would be open to all possiblites. It's estabalished that we have yet even began to tap into the cosmos and beyond, we do not understand alot of things still. Until there's 100% solid proof that creationism is a fallacy I think it's better to allow room for the possiblity. It's nice to believe in something. Frankly said omni-potent being could of existed at a point then died off, we may never know.
Exactly! Sure hyperextreme religious folks can be annoying, but so can hyperextreme skeptics. Some of the skeptics attack just some of the arguments and are just so anti whatever that they are annoying.
Reba, the Noah flood was worldwide? How is that even possible? Noah would have needed something that was as big as 50 million Queen Elizabeths to save all the animals.

nah noah flood isn't worldwide.. I believe the Noah Flood occurred at the Black Sea. that's it, nothing more.

National Geographic: Noah’s Flood/Black Sea Expedition--Flash

If it was worldwide flood, Noah's Ark Boat would have ended up anywhere than around the Black Sea but nope, Noah didn't get very far. just stuck in one place that is like a lake which rise and fall.

Or It is just a survivor's story which is passed on down thru generation and false prophet took it up and turn it into a christian story.. blah...

So give me a break! sorry guys... the link I posted is very interesting show I watched years ago!

more info on Noah's Ark: Noah's Ark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have found Noah's ark in the mountain area, I think Mt Ararat, something like that, in Turkey area. Flood is widespread, reached above the mountains. Now in days, have no earthly idea or sound impossible to them. Humans try everyway to outsmart God, but couldn't. The point of the message of the flood is the world was soo wicked and refuse the accept the message from Noah which God told Noah to do. It is not a make up story, its a fact of the history.

...Reba, the Noah flood was worldwide? How is that even possible? Noah would have needed something that was as big as 50 million Queen Elizabeths to save all the animals.
The entire world was covered, including the mountaintops, by rain water from the sky, and from water that burst upward from underground fountains. The flood killed all humans and air-breathing land animals, except for those in the ark.

Noah saved only enough animals to repopulate the world after the flood.

For example: Noah didn't need to carry every AKC breed of dog; just one male and one female mutt. Also, he didn't need to carry adult animals. Baby elephants take up less space than full grown ones. Bats could hang from the rafters, and birds could perch on the rafters.

Don't forget that most animal species are small. Think about the hummingbirds and mice.

The ark was much larger than what appears in kids' Bible story books. It was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Also, it contained three decks inside.

...If it was worldwide flood, Noah's Ark Boat would have ended up anywhere than around the Black Sea but nope, Noah didn't get very far. just stuck in one place that is like a lake which rise and fall. ...
If God wasn't in charge of the Flood, that might be true. But if God wasn't in charge of the Flood, Noah wouldn't have built the ark in the first place. God led the ark to its destination.

Just as God controlled the wind and waves in the Old Testament, Jesus did the same in the New Testament:

Mark 4
39 And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

After all, He created them in the first place!

...Reba, the Noah flood was worldwide? How is that even possible? Noah would have needed something that was as big as 50 million Queen Elizabeths to save all the animals.
The entire world was covered, including the mountaintops, by rain water from the sky, and from water that burst upward from underground fountains. The flood killed all humans and air-breathing land animals, except for those in the ark.

For example: Noah didn't need to carry every AKC breed of dog; just one male and one female mutt. Also, he didn't need to carry adult animals. Baby elephants take up less space than full grown ones. Bats could hang from the rafters, and birds could perch on the rafters.

Don't forget that most animal species are small. Think about the hummingbirds and mice.

The ark was much larger than what appears in kids' Bible story books. It was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide, and 45 feet high. Also, it contained three decks inside.

They have found Noah's ark in the mountain area, I think Mt Ararat, something like that, in Turkey area. Flood is widespread, reached above the mountains. Now in days, have no earthly idea or sound impossible to them. Humans try everyway to outsmart God, but couldn't. The point of the message of the flood is the world was soo wicked and refuse the accept the message from Noah which God told Noah to do. It is not a make up story, its a fact of the history.

Amen! at Turkey!!

Amen! Noah ark is #1 record the world!! because Noah ark was huge measure long and wide more than other ship or boat till now.

For a secular information about the Noah's Ark:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Ark

Note that I am a strong believer in "Documentary hypothesis" - the theory is that the Bible was a compilation of "cut and paste" from older text and that is what you sometimes come across contradictions in the Bible. With the Documentary hypothesis, the seemingly Biblical contradictions are cleared up. Just one problem though, it requires that you believe that the Bible was compiled by editors from different sources, rather than from God.

The flood killed all humans and air-breathing land animals,
What about saltwater vs freshwater animals? How did Noah provide for the carnivourous animals?

What about saltwater vs freshwater animals? How did Noah provide for the carnivourous animals?

They didn't gather water animals into the Ark. At least I believe some of them were killed by the worldwide flood while some may have survived. But you sure asked a good question here.

Amen! at Turkey!!

There is the latest book (very good & intriguing book) written by Robert Cornuke, a former detective. He discovered that it may be in northern Iraq, not in the Turkey where Mount Ararat is.

In the Bible it states that "in the mountains of Ararat..." so it doesn't say mount Ararat (single mountain). It also explains very well and much more to as why it cannot be in the Turkey mountain region but it's supposed to be in the northern Iraq in that book. It's very close to the Turkey border.

That book title is called "The Lost Mountains of Noah". Highly recommended! (I think he wrote two books about it by the way.)

There was a National Geographic show that went to find the Noah's Ark that should be on Mt. Ararat .. remember the news that was on tv while ago..(examples can seen thru this post: Google Earth Community: Noah's Ark ) and when they go there, it turned out to be nothing.. no Ark up there. nothing... so search continues..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noah's_Ark#The_search_for_Noah.27s_Ark

Another claims that is in Iran near Tehran *shrug*
Noah’s Ark? For Real - CWN

so which do you believe the bible which says it is on Mt. Ararat or in Tehran.

It turns out that "Mt. Ararat" was not original name but translated name. (see the first link above about the name)

Actually, most of the fish died. That's where we get the many fossil remains of sea life that show sudden, traumatic death and burial in sediment.

However, even with the torrential rains and fountains of subterranian waters gushing out, not all fresh and salt waters mixed together. There were layers, or areas of segregated water chemistries that supported the different kinds of fish. Enough of them survived to continue their species.

Even carnivourous animals can eat vegetation.

Since God had the power to lead the animals to Noah, He also had the power to regulate their behaviors while on the ark. God possibly put the animals in a "mellow" mood (slowed their metabolisms) while they were in the ark, to keep things calm, and to conserve their bodies' energy. Another example of God "calming" wild animals is:

Daniel 6
22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me

Don't forget, the entire event was miraculous, so God did things whatever way He wanted. He created all the creatures, the planet, the climate, and forces of nature, so He could modify them in whatever way He wanted. There doesn't need to be a "natural" solution for every question because God is supernatural.

Personally, I'm not concerned about the physical remains of the ark. I don't think God wants us to find its remnants because some people would tend to make items of worship from the pieces. It's bad enough that some people sell "pieces of the cross" as "genuine" souveniers of the Crucifixion of Christ. I don't think we need to see pieces of the ark on Ebay.

God hid the bones of Moses, the Ark of the Covenant, and other sacred "memorabilia", so I don't think (just my opinion) that He wants ark "stuff" found either.

Besides, I also think (my opinion) that even if scientists found the remains of the ark with Noah's name carved in the beams, it wouldn't change the hearts or minds of people. People who already believe in the Biblical Flood will still believe, and people who don't believe the Bible will still disbelieve the Bible.

Luke 16
27 Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: 28 For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. 29 Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. 30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Question: If people won't believe the testimony of someone risen from the dead, why would they believe in scraps of wood found on a mountain top?

Answer: They won't.

Daniel 6
22 My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me

Don't forget, the entire event was miraculous, so God did things whatever way He wanted. He created all the creatures, the planet, the climate, and forces of nature, so He could modify them in whatever way He wanted. There doesn't need to be a "natural" solution for every question because God is supernatural.

Hmm, this reminded me about one of these
favorite Christmas cards showing
the art piece of a Lion sitting next to a little lamb together
represented a miraculous Peace created by God

Question: If people won't believe the testimony of someone risen from the dead, why would they believe in scraps of wood found on a mountain top?

Answer: They won't.

Not true. Jews would say, "This proves that Ark did exist and the Old Testament is true" and won't care one bit about the testimony of Jesus. Funny though is that it seems Jews don't really care about the Ark.

The NT authors try to convince you that the NT syncs with the OT when in fact, it doesn't otherwise Jews would accept Jesus as the Messiah.

Not true. Jews would say, "This proves that Ark did exist and the Old Testament is true" and won't care one bit about the testimony of Jesus. Funny though is that it seems Jews don't really care about the Ark.

The NT authors try to convince you that the NT syncs with the OT when in fact, it doesn't otherwise Jews would accept Jesus as the Messiah.
Not neccessarily. Reread what Reba gave the Scriptures what Jesus said. How many times did Jesus says "Have you read?" "Have you not read?" " Have you not understand?" "How long have you been with me and still do not understand?" and many other questions, did you not know thru the OT, some religious leaders killed God's chose prophets? I was amazed that last week, I thought the jews thought Isaiah is NT, said by the jewish people, when some jews read Isaiah, they have converted to Christ. Just like the other thread who is invloved judiasm thinking Jesus isn't fullfil the OT, bec He hasn't reign yet, but lack of understanding and missing out the whole message of time frame of His reigning. There is so much in the Bible people does not understand. Even not understand why Jesus talked about different issues and there are two things, 1) since disciples was puzzled and down, bec many thing when a person(s) ask questions, Jesus point out different ways and that's what disciple asked" how and who can get to heaven?" Jesus answered, " With God, nothing is impossible to Him", bec many claim of their approval to God, Jesus point out, which lead tehm upset or dissappointment 2) secretly at night, one of the religious leader, Nicodemus, asked how to get to heaven, Jesus answered " you must be born again". Why no matter what we do, we stil short coming? The answer,, sin. Sin is like scissorscut us off, Jesus is more like our Defense Lawyer. Being religious not getting us anywhere, only answer is relationship. That's what the cross is all about. Not church, temple, mosque,synagogue,or whatever a place won't get us anywhere. Christ alone. That spelled L-O-V-E.

CORRECTION:: I thought the jews knew Isaiah is in OT, but one of the jewish thought Isaiah is part of NT, but isn't .

You missed my point.

Believers don't need physical proof of the Flood; we have faith in God's Word.

Unbelievers won't accept the biblical account of the Flood no matter how much physical proof they find.

BTW, not all Jews accept that the Flood was worldwide. Their disbelief in the Flood has nothing to do with the NT or Jesus.

Whether or not someone believes that the OT and NT "sync" has nothing to do with someone accepting Jesus as Messiah. A person doesn't have to become a Bible scholar before accepting salvation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back