Oi, DeafLissa90!

Are there less natural signs in AUSLAN than in ASL?

What do u mean by natural signs?

Oh , example from the video, "dog" I don't see why in AUSLAN, but it ASL sign "dog" is easy to see why as it is like calling your dog.

I could say other natural signs but none involved here.

Oh , example from the video, "dog" I don't see why in AUSLAN, but it ASL sign "dog" is easy to see why as it is like calling your dog.

I could say other natural signs but none involved here.
There is a sign for dog in AUSLAN but the sign in out of view in the video so it is impossible to show it so I instead fingerspelt it.

LOL! I was just chatting with my friends at a cookout about a dude named JD so I guess I am still thinking about him. :laugh2:

He had become a legend in AD. With that being said, he is well known here in AD. :mad2:

Just kidding Jake boy. :)

There is a sign for dog in AUSLAN but the sign in out of view in the video so it is impossible to show it so I instead fingerspelt it.

Fingerspelling is also very different!!

Actually referring to an well-known guy, that's the true fact.

Fingerspelling is also very different!!
Precisely but since I became fluent in ASL --- it gets a little complicated when I try to switch back to AUSLAN when I communicate with the aussies, but I accidently slip back to ASL. :laugh2:

Mum (Mom) in BSL is 'M' twice Secondary palm held upward ?

Mum (Mom) in BSL is 'M' twice Secondary palm held upward ?
It is the same sign for mother in AUSLAN too, but if you use the same 'M' sign in BSL and tap it twice or more on your head and that represents the signifiance to 'Mum' sign.

Precisely but since I became fluent in ASL --- it gets a little complicated when I try to switch back to AUSLAN when I communicate with the aussies, but I accidently slip back to ASL. :laugh2:

Who do u use ASL with?

Nathan and Chevy57 and also other ASL user's on VP as well.

It is the same sign for mother in AUSLAN too, but if you use the same 'M' sign in BSL and tap it twice or more on your head and that represents the signifiance to 'Mum' sign.

'Father' is both hands held with index and middle fingers extended. similar to Auslan?

No, here is the description

(i'm right handed)

Close your remaining fingers into a sligt fist but leave your finger out (example, like you are pointing to someone but point it upwards)

extend the close up fingers sideways, then tap it twice on your head.

Back