Oh boy.. its about Ebay thing

EXACTLY, Angel!

It´s very disgust what his mother did to him.

well Angel and Liebling -- u 2 ladies have an opinion to this which is fine

i just happened to agree with what the mom has done with her kid's PS2 selling it on ebay and i would have done the same if my kid did that kind of shit to me and make the child learn a hard lesson -- respect the parents' property and other ppl's property and their property would have been left alone -- this is a 13 year old kid for cripes sake and he oughta have known better and hes old enuf to know right from wrong and he chose to be on a destructive path destroying other ppl's property even if it was his parents' it still didnt give him a right to behave like the way the mom has told on ebay

Liebling:-))) said:
I don´t think it´s funny but VERY disgusting of his mother do that. I wouldn´t do that like this. What she did is toooo far.

She sold the world to destory her son soul & mind because he did wrong. No wonder, that his son lost his trust retationship with his mother for that.

How you do feel if your mother sold the world over you?

I would do something with my sons myself but not sold the world over them.

That boy doesn´t deserve like this to know that his own mother betray him to world. It makes me feel sick.

Please remember that the children are not prefect but it´s parents who educate their children into right path.
I think this is the funniest thing I've ever heard! If it was me creating this post, I'd put it under JOKES!

Selling this kid's PS2 is certainly a lot better than spanking him or beating him. I got my first gaming system when I was 2 years old. My dad bought me an Atari 2600 System. When I turned 10, my dad got me a Sega Master System. When I was 13 years old, I got in a huge fight with my parents and seriously hurt their feelings, they took my Sega Master System and wouldn't give it back for a while. They considered getting rid of it. I eventually got it back. My parents never bought me a game system again. When I was 15 years old, I starved myself by saving my lunch money just to buy a Sega Genesis System. See? Kids gotta learn to be responsible for their actions. If they want more, they can simply buy it themselves. It's not exactly that hard to do. Again, I think this mom was very creative to come up with this kind of punishment! :thumb: If this mom didn't do this, what else should she have done? Spank him? Beat him? Take something else? If she takes something else, it's the same thing as taking his PS2. Do nothing? Sounds fine, so let's see if the kids doesn't learn his lesson and drink another bottle of wine. Let's see if this kid breaks more things or causes more harm to his parents again? Hmm?

Defee said:
Well, its not funny if the 13 year old boy has been drinking beer and wine behind his parents back! It can escalate to worse problems like illegal drugs so they better watch him and if he does have drinking problem, they need to get him some help with that! Its a serious thing if they start drinking at such a young age. Heard this lady who started drinking when she was 12 years old and she died at age of 42 due to alcohol related problems..she simply ruined her kidneys and liver (cirrohis spell?). This lady was drunk 24 hours a day..its really sad.

Sad, one of my friend's 14 years old daughter had a birthday party at their home, and her Mother let these teenagers people to drink alcohlic and smoking! I asked her why? Her reply is "Better to let her smoking cigarette than seeing her taking drugs behind my back" I cannot believe her comment, I think she let her 16 and 14 yrs old children to have everything eg body pieces, drink alcohlic and smoking, because she want them custody full time not to her ex husband!!!! :dizzy:

Well said Vampy and Fly Free, as I am having a second thought about that, it is ok as long as their identidy are kept SECRET.

Last edited:
FlyFree said:
well Angel and Liebling -- u 2 ladies have an opinion to this which is fine

Thank you Flyfree! :mrgreen:

I still stand on what I believe, it Both the parents and the child's fault!

Well, Well, Vampy & Fly Free,

The parents CAN deal with their children WITHOUT sprankling or beat privately.

What your parents do something to punish you is belong privately, not annonce your behaviour to public or world.

I received a lot of tips from counseling, Mother Care magazines etc how deal with my children because I want do best for them.

Sell my children´s things & behaviour to world.. Oh NO! What his mother did make her son´s behaviour worst.
I do something to punish my children so hard without annonce to the world.

Example of all.

I got my 1st son to pay the bicycle repair by his own pocket money which he is senseless to care of his bicycle. It´s twice so I get him to pay. He learns his lesson to take care of his bicycle. I would not sell his bicycle & reasons to world.

I always get my children to pay what they damaged something like book, e.g.

I also punish my children for their behaviour is no computer or no favorite TV.

My 1st son got mobile phone with limit card for his birthday. He can chat with his friends with mobile cards because he pay for it, not me. I once caught him crept to use my phone. He said it´s only hurry to check if his friend if he´s in house. I said NO way, you CAN check your friend is WALK to his house which it´s only 2 minutes away. WALK & check. I got him to pay the bill (double price). He use his own mobile phone now & walk to his friend´s house. He learns how to manage with money.

To me, his mother should take care of her "expensive" alcohol. She should educate her son to not do it etc.

I alway educate my children to not use anything or remind them to not do it. My children learns that they should not take anything from others.

I don´t like what his mother did to her son.

I can punisch or take things away what I want BUT sell & annonce his behaviour to world ??? That´s so ridiclous!

I´m not surprise that her son run away or become a hard or problem kid.

Last edited:
It is not Mother's fault for leaving a expensive bottle around, 13 years old boy is old enough to respect people's property.

If your 13 years old child throw your digitial camera in the bath, on purpose, while he/she is bad temper

He/she is old enough to know its wrong.

What will you do about this?

I will stop pay the pocket money to cover for it!

^Angel^ said:
Well, I don't agree of what the parent had done to their 13 years old son because once the parent sell his playstation, do you think the son wouldn't do it again?.....I think he would, some children in their earliest teenage are more likely to repeat the same thing....

Why didn't the parent hid an expensive wine away from the 13 years old son, when we most likely know that children in that age to their teenager will try to drink or take a sip out of it.....

I think it both fault in this, the parents and the child...IMO!

How can the parents hide it from the boy as he lives with them, I can't hide some expensive things from him such as digitial camera, DVD, computer from him????? As we know children of that ages are tempty to play or touch it out of curiousty. Kids will be kids, and its not parent's fault if they wreak it.

!3 years old are OLD enough to know its wrong.

All I say he MUST show respect people's property!

Last edited:
Well, the children need to receive the education what they can or what they can´t.

I educate my children to not do that or should not take someone´s things which it´s not belong to them.

I think it´s the fault on his mother´s side for not tell him before to not use anything. I had the feeling that a boy didn´t receive the education from his parents enough.

Yes, boy is bad & need to be punish. BUT annonce to the world or sell his things to anyone??? Oh No.

Anyway, my sons saw me mentioned this condition to my hubby during breakfast time. They thought I´m kidding. They can´t beleive & find it so disgust when I told them it´s not kidding, but true.

My sons said he would never forgive me if I do like this.

My question to them: I would punish them like take their things away or pay the damage like what Danny did with his bicycle or take their monthly pocket money off.

Their answer: "Angry, yes" (they know I´m right)". They knows that they has to learn their lesson but sell is out of question.

My question: Why not sell?

Their answer: They will never see their things again & will never forgive me & want to make us more anger because they feel being betray by us.

My answer: :-o :eek2: (my brain & feeling said to me: "yes they were right")

"SÉLL sound betrayal or revenage".

I do is make them to pay things by their own pocket if not enough then work to improve their pocket money or take their pocket money off.

Red~Rum said:
How can the parents hide it from the boy as he lives with them, I can't hide some expensive things from him such as digitial camera, DVD, computer from him????? As we know children of that ages are tempty to play or touch it out of curiousty. Kids will be kids, and its not parent's fault if they wreak it.

!3 years old are OLD enough to know its wrong.

All I say he MUST show respect people's property!

Ok, Let's say what if the 13 years old boy found a bag of drugs in his parent's room and used it, will it be the parents or the child 's fault or will it be both? it's almost the same thing here....

When we have alcohol in the householder, it's the parent's responsablity to keep it away from their children just like guns, and drugs whatever!...I'm not talking about things in the house.....

I may have a different opinion about this but this is how I see it!....Sorry! :)

Well said, Angel! :mrgreen:

Yes, it´s parents´s responsibly to keep alcohol e.g. away from the children.

Libeling -- the mom on ebay did not announce the name of herself or any other family members -- just a general explaination of why the mom chose to sell the kid's PS2 and i agree with Vampy saying that its alot better than beating up the kid or worse and it teaches the kid a hard lesson -- it might throw the kid into overdrive and be on a destructive path or it might rein in the kid and make him realize his actions so it could go either way

Angel -- on ur comment abt drugs being found and used -- that is in no way a valid comparison to the destruction of other ppl's property cuz it involves illict behaviors and i dont see where weed or any other illegal drugs should come in to be compared with this topic of selling the kid's PS2 -- drugs isnt "valuable" IMO -- it might have value on the streets but not in any way are they legal or sentimental -- alcohol is a legal beverage for adults over 21 and the kids oughta know better

Red-Rum whose comment i agree with abt being unable to hide any valuable items from the kids

i still stand by my thoughts on what the mom has done and i support her decision -- it teaches the kid respect on other ppl's property regardless of what it might be even if it involved a bottle of expensive wine that was saved for a special occasion

Liebling:-))) said:
Well, Well, Vampy & Fly Free,

The parents CAN deal with their children WITHOUT sprankling or beat privately.

What your parents do something to punish you is belong privately, not annonce your behaviour to public or world.

I received a lot of tips from counseling, Mother Care magazines etc how deal with my children because I want do best for them.

Sell my children´s things & behaviour to world.. Oh NO! What his mother did make her son´s behaviour worst.
I do something to punish my children so hard without annonce to the world.

Example of all.

I got my 1st son to pay the bicycle repair by his own pocket money which he is senseless to care of his bicycle. It´s twice so I get him to pay. He learns his lesson to take care of his bicycle. I would not sell his bicycle & reasons to world.

I always get my children to pay what they damaged something like book, e.g.

I also punish my children for their behaviour is no computer or no favorite TV.

My 1st son got mobile phone with limit card for his birthday. He can chat with his friends with mobile cards because he pay for it, not me. I once caught him crept to use my phone. He said it´s only hurry to check if his friend if he´s in house. I said NO way, you CAN check your friend is WALK to his house which it´s only 2 minutes away. WALK & check. I got him to pay the bill (double price). He use his own mobile phone now & walk to his friend´s house. He learns how to manage with money.

To me, his mother should take care of her "expensive" alcohol. She should educate her son to not do it etc.

I alway educate my children to not use anything or remind them to not do it. My children learns that they should not take anything from others.

I don´t like what his mother did to her son.

I can punisch or take things away what I want BUT sell & annonce his behaviour to world ??? That´s so ridiclous!

I´m not surprise that her son run away or become a hard or problem kid.
Hmm... so you are suggesting that the mother makes her son pay to replace that bottle of wine? Which sounds better? "My mom made me buy back my PS2!" "My mom made me buy her wine." Eek! My kids buying alcohol for me!? Hell no!

Hmm... so you are suggesting that the mother makes her son pay to replace that bottle of wine? Which sounds better? "My mom made me buy back my PS2!" "My mom made me buy her wine." Eek! My kids buying alcohol for me!? Hell no!

Vampy, Simple is take his monthly pocket money off.

What I talking about mine is to repair my son´s bicycle but their condition is different. I would take his monthly pocket money off to compare the price of bottle of wine or make him to work to help us in the house or garden to improve his pocket money to pay us off.

I think what his mother doing is "renevage" after what his son did with her "expenisve" bottle of wine. I´m not doing as renevage but educate my children to be respect. It´s his mother´s problem for senseless. I would keep any acholc away from the children like what Angel said.
I had the feeling that a boy didn´t receive the education enough from his parents.

I would take my son´s monthly pocket money off when I were her. It´s better than sprankling or beat, isn´t it? "Sell his things is not to punish him but "renevage" because he drank her "expensive" wine.

Libeling -- the mom on ebay did not announce the name of herself or any other family members -- just a general explaination of why the mom chose to sell the kid's PS2 and i agree with Vampy saying that its alot better than beating up the kid or worse and it teaches the kid a hard lesson -- it might throw the kid into overdrive and be on a destructive path or it might rein in the kid and make him realize his actions so it could go either way

Free Fly, fortunalately yes, I saw the name at other forum. They discussed over this situation until one copied & pasted for us to read. Yes, the names is on list after sold his PS2 to someone. I saw it myself yesterday. We all are shock & disgust it. We all are agreed that he deserve a punishment. Something like take off pocket money or no computer or no TV for month instead of sell his things & his reasons to world.

Yes, he should learn his lesson but his mother doing is wrong. It´s no punishment what she did to him but renevage.

Do you think what she did to give him lesson to be respect? Oh no, the "punishment" what she did to him would be not work. Best is go to family counselling.

He will become harder.
He will have no respect of his mother.
I´m not surprise if he will give his mother hard time through his behavior.
No wonder, that he will end to be aggressive or criminal one day.

Last edited:
Hmmm...seeing several sides to this 'touchy' issue in this thread...whether this story isn't real or not, yet, the point of the matter is 'who's the blame or the guilty one?' It's obvious that this 13 year old teenager (gee, and even stands at 6'3''!) stirred up enough trouble whether or not he's at the stage of being curious, trying things, etc., but a 13 year old child is well adept at knowing right from wrong...and drinking without his parents' consent or approval doesn't justify his actions accordingly...AND it is also HIS parents' lack of supervision and most likely in this case/story, not doing enough to prevent such occurrences such as 'drinking'...of course, the parents may not be able to 'hide' the booze...but if such a bottle is deemed worthy or held for a very special occassion such as is the case in this story...then the parents could have implented a way such as 'locking' it up or having such an area that is off-limits....

I can resort to the parents' anger and being very upset for their son's mayhem that he has caused...although in my opinion, I do feel that how the parents dealt with this by taking something the boy cherished and selling it over an internet auction online site is going a bit too far overboard...when they simply could 'take' it away for however long they felt would be considered punishable enough rather than 'selling' it...it would be like taking a 'bike' and selling it for a 'wrong' a child did...like for us adults, we do make mistakes from time to time yet we don't have things taken away and put up for sale...we hopefully do learn from our own mistakes and likewise, with this teenager, teaching him properly by helping him go in the way of choosing 'right' over 'wrong' and perhaps rewarding him somewhat with his decisons which then creates a character of having a good standard of holding onto virtues that will be a huge advantage for him as he grows up to be a 'man'...but selling something he clings to often may create an entirely different kind of 'character' and 'one' that might get harder to deal with as he may get more rebellious or spiteful of the things around him....

When ^Angel^ was pointing out about the 'drugs' in relation to having it being 'both' the parents' and the child's fault, by no means is she implying 'value', but more bluntly viewing it as an example of both sides being at fault...generally it can be 'anything'...whether it is of value or not...the 'point' IS that it is both sides...doing some 'wrong' to a degree....

Lastly and sadly enough, in this society, situations such as this is being 'directed' into something like 'payback'...like it's payback time! Instead of going into the direction where 'forgiveness' sets in and getting firmer with expectations in the home with reasonable punishment....

Therefore, I must agree that it is both the parents and the teenager's fault...not just the teenager, not just the parents....

True, Roadrunner!

Yes, I´m agree that the children need an education to show them to right path or wrong path.

I know most children likes to do out of curoiusly but they need to be education to not take someone else´s thing.

I´m agree that both sides are the fault.

Everyone deserves their forgive for mistakes. We know that nobody are prefect.

Like what I did with my son & his bicycle. He damaged his bicycle by senseless for a first time . I covered the repair costs & warn him to not do that again. He do it again for 2nd so I get him to pay from his pocket money for repair. Now he do is careful with his bicycle.

That´s what I do is not "revenage" but give him the lesson for not do it again.

Exactly Liebling....

Revenge...payback instills a rebellious nature when education...forgiveness instills a peaceful nature...although the latter does require a bit more effort and much patience...but with and out of 'love', it'll be that much more worthwhile and wholeheartly better in the long run! ;)

:werd: Very well said Roadrunner!.... :thumb:

off topic: I love it when we think alike! :aw:

Exactly Liebling! :thumb: I guess every parents are different!

Back