Octuplets' grandmother faces foreclosure threat

After giving birth to 14 children...8 of them during the same pregnancy...she may have to end up having a hysterectomy just as a result of the damage done to herself.

Yeah, imagine what kind of damage she has done to her woman parts from carrying so many babies.

U are very right on the spot! My daughter is 11 years old and my son is 3...she helps out with taking care of my son sometimes and that relieves some of the pressure. I cant imagine taking care of 8 3-year olds now.

To the others:

Why do u think daycares licenses require a ratio of 3 children of the same age to 1 adult?

I am not sure what is the Ratio in your state that is required by DCF

Under Florida laws

Infants 1:4

One year olds 1:6

two year olds 1:11

Three year olds 1:15

Four year olds 1:20

five and up 1:25

If a center is caught being out of Ratio. They do get heavy fines by the state.

:ty: Shel.. because I was wondering about the same thing. Would a single Mother be in trouble for being out of ratio. The requirement for sufficient care for infants (in the state of Florida is 1:4) One adult for four infants.

I do wonder how the state of California handles it through their Dept of Children and Families.

That is not all. The Ratio would differential as the kids get older. but as of now she would at least need THREE adults around when she has all her kids.

I am not sure what is the Ratio in your state that is required by DCF

Under Florida laws

Infants 1:4

One year olds 1:6

two year olds 1:11

Three year olds 1:15

Four year olds 1:20

five and up 1:25

If a center is caught being out of Ratio. They do get heavy fines by the state.

:ty: Shel.. because I was wondering about the same thing. Would a single Mother be in trouble for being out of ratio. The requirement for sufficient care for infants (in the state of Florida is 1:4) One adult for four infants.

I do wonder how the state of California handles it through their Dept of Children and Families.

That is not all. The Ratio would differential as the kids get older. but as of now she would at least need THREE adults around when she has all her kids.

My friend wanted to get her daycare license and she told me the ratio was 3:1...it could be infants...I just remembered that number and when she got her license, she refused to take in my friend's two kids cuz that would be a total of 4 kids for her.

My friend wanted to get her daycare license and she told me the ratio was 3:1...it could be infants...I just remembered that number and when she got her license, she refused to take in my friend's two kids cuz that would be a total of 4 kids for her.

Home based centers have lower ratios. Depends on age groups.

much different since the ages vary.

Is it a a facility or a home based center?

Florida Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers - Daycare.com

This is in the state of Florida. It may vary in other states. but all states have Ratios.

Worker Qualifications
Caregivers in charge of a group: Must be at least 18 and must complete the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services approved introductory training course. - Training -

Provider /Child Ratio
Age Range Ratio For Center-based Care
Age of Children Child: Staff Ratio Max Group Size
6 weeks

4:1

Not regulated (NR)
9 months

4:1

NR
18 months

6:1

NR
27 months

11:1

NR
3 years

15:1

NR
4 years

20:1

NR
5 years

25:1

NR
6 years

NR
7 years

NR
8-9 years

NR
10 years and older

NR
Age Range Ratio For Small Family Child Care
Total Number of Children Allowed: 2-10
Maximum Number of Children to One Provider: 10:1 If 5 preschool with 2 under 1-yr
6:1 Preschool if none under 1-yr
6:1 With 3 under 1-yr
4:1 If all under 1-yr
Provider's Own Children Counted: Yes; If under age 13
Maximum Number of Infants/Toddlers to One Provider: 4:1 Under 1-yr

Age Range Ratio For Large Family Child Care
Total Number of Children Allowed: Up to 12
Ratio of Children to One Provider: 8:2 If all children are birth to 24-mos
12:2 If no more than 4 are under 24-mos
Provider's Own Children Counted: Yes; If under age 13

Their is also a law in a child care center on the square footage of space for each child.

I have to google it up. So the Octuplets mother have to provide adequate space for the children.

http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/earlychildhood/forms/floorplansquarefootagereport.pdf

The link explains it all. (again this is in Florida)

So that is one of the reasons why I was so appalled by the space. The children she currently have in "Her Mothers home". Let alone to add 8 more. 14 kids along with the adults.

:shock:

Even if they get their way out of foreclosure. The home will still be inadequate for so many children to live there alone with the capacity that is allowed by the Fire Marshall.

not if has other kids which are not her to take care off. many states do not bother to investigate private day care unless there was a scandal, abuse or SNAFU. a few counties are strict if there are 4-5 different kids and then the neighbors complained.

Their is also a law in a child care center on the square footage of space for each child.

I have to google it up. So the Octuplets mother have to provide adequate space for the children.

not if has other kids which are not her to take care off. many states do not bother to investigate private day care unless there was a scandal, abuse or SNAFU. a few counties are strict if there are 4-5 different kids and then the neighbors complained.

True, that some are not caught doing so. (usually the UN licensed home centers) Unless someone complains.

The Octuplets family is already known to have more kids than can be handled in a such small home and lack of supervision.

I was discussing legal centers. :D

A license center is often checked on by DCF.

And compairing it to the octuplet's family.

are they out of the hospital yet? and if so where are they staying? or plan on staying after they leave the hospital? if the house is forclosed on what then?

If Nayda keeps all 14 children, how the hell is she going to pay all their medical bills, pay for the groceries, pay for all the clothes, pay for the diapers and the baby food, and food for the older six children, pay all the utility bills, pay the rent or the mortgage, etc etc etc? It is impossible to support all 14 kids on your own on a 40-hour-a-week job on your own with no one to help you. She clearly has showed she could not even provide for the older six children, so I really do not see how she can even provide for the babies as well. Children are VERY VERY VERY expensive. She would have to hold either two full time jobs or work a 80 hour a week job that pays more than $10 an hour or even $15 or more an hour, I don't even know how much it would take in order to provide all 14 kids with the basic necessities as well as the bills and the food and the house/apartment, since I suck at math and I do not have children so I really do not have a precise idea of how much a single child costs, but I do know that the cost of living in California is so much more expensive than it is in Texas or Wisconsin or Minnesota or Colorado or Montana or even Florida which I have lived in. I have see the rental ads for California and am :shock: at how much the rent is in California and I would think the mortgage each month would be more than what the rent would be, plus I know the groceries there is so much more than here, because I know they give twice or even three times as much food stamps per person in California compared to here, and the gas there is just so expensive, and you would have to think about so many other things. With all those things that I have considered, I just do not see how the hell this woman can provide for all 14 children on her own even with a full time job. It's just impossible. And getting help? Forget it. She doesn't deserve donations from other people because she was looking to milk people and the system for all she can get. Her motive were different than the other families who has had multiple births but also have incomes and their own health insurance and are able to provide for all their children as well as make appropriate medical decisions. Compare her and the other families, and the differences are as obvious as day and night.

The older six children are better off with relatives, and the eight babies should be adopted out to 8 different adoptive families that can provide for each baby on their own. And then Nayda should be placed in a group home for the rest of her life. And Nayda's mother should be allowed to keep her house and retire and not have to work, because she has done so much for her selfish daughter and for her older six grandchildren, she has put so much money into caring for the children, and now she is about to lose her house because of her daughter's selfish behavior since all her money has had to go towards the children so she was not able to pay the mortgage. I think that if Nayda has been evicted from the house, and once Nayda has paid back all the money and pay off the mortgage, her mother would have been able to keep the house. I feel so sorry for Nayda's mother.

If you truly think that Nayda can care and provide for all 14 kids without any kind of public assistance and any kind of help, I dare you to go out there and try to take care of all those 14 kids on your own with no kind of help except the paychecks from your full time job along with health insurance benefits from your job. (Forum etiquette , no personal attacks, pls) Once you have tried your hand at this, I am sure you would have a completely different opinion than the one you have now.

I am a taxpayer , means I am supporting her.

Last edited:
You're forgetting one simple fact: Duggars's kids vary in age. There is a HUGE difference between taking care of 8 babies at once and 8 kids that vary 0-14 (or whatever) years old. Kids become more self sustaining as they get older. I am willing to bet that some of Duggars' older kids help out with the housework or maybe even babysit the little ones.

If you want to find out more about the duggars and how their house is ran..here's a link...The Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar Family | Official Website

The Duggars did it with TWO PARENTS, and some of their oldest children help take care of their youngest siblings. The oldest child is 18 or older, I believe.

Nadya has 14 kids ALL UNDER THE AGE OF SEVEN! And she is ALONE. Her mother was helping out with the oldest 6 kids, but now the mother doesn't want to help Nadya with any of the kids anymore. She's tired and sick of Nadya's irresponsible behavior. So, she is ALONE. One woman taking care of FOURTEEN KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF SEVEN, including EIGHT FRAGILE BABIES! THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE.

If you truly think one woman can take care of FOURTEEN kids all under the AGE OF SEVEN including the OCTUPLETS, I dare you to go out there and take care of ALL 14 CHILDREN all by YOURSELF with NO ONE TO HELP, not even Nadya. I DARE YOU TO DO THAT! Then come back and tell us how you did it! I DARE YOU!

If you put your mind to it..NOTHING is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Did you really say that?:laugh2:

Well, Lucia made it sound like she is her mother as if, she is her daughter. She wants the mother to have her womb be removed or have a sterlization to end her pregnancy. Yikes! She makes it sound like she is commandin'/demandin' her to do this and that.

Nope, I can't make her get a hysterectomy, but the government CAN with a court order. I hope that will happen. So, don't tell me to understand. Capisce? :roll:

Yes, you are commandin' and wantin' her to end her pregnancy in despite of her poor reasonin' abilities. You want her to have this or that like you are forcin' her to do things at your command.

You clearly do not have much reasoning abilities. We do not need your mindless drivel.

I don't want anythin' to do with you. You have some issues on your own. :bye:

I dare you to go over there and take care of ALL FOURTEEN children on your own with NO help from anybody and NO resources at all, not even help from Nadya and not even help from her parents. I DARE YOU! Until then, do not tell me nothing is impossible. Until you have tried, don't tell me that nothing is impossible. There ARE some things that ARE IMPOSSIBLE to do.

I prefer to think realistically.

Last edited:
You know what, I don't like where this is going. Lets leave the insults and bashing of other users out of it completly and just discuss the topic at hand. If you can't do that, please go elsewhere. Thank you.

Well, Lucia made it sound like she is her mother as if, she is her daughter. She wants the mother to have her womb be removed or have a sterlization to end her pregnancy. Yikes! She makes it sound like she is commandin'/demandin' her to do this and that.

I don't care what I sound like. I am entitled to my opinion. It's not to end her pregnancy. It's to prevent her from having MORE children. 14 is ENOUGH. I honestly think that she should have a hysterectomy so she can have NO MORE CHILDREN. She's out of control, she has shown she cannot make appropriate medical and financial decision regarding herself and all of her children. She shows no signs of stopping. It's time the government steps in and stops her antics. The first step would be a hysterectomy, then she should be referred to a job agency that helps people find jobs, and then she should start paying back to the government all the money she's received from public assistance and food stamps and WIC over the many years she's received them, and also to pay back her mother for caring for all her children, because her mother deserves to retire. All the older six children should be placed with relatives, and each of the octuplets should be placed with good adoptive families once they are deemed stable enough to leave the hospital. She clearly has shown she CANNOT care for any of the children. She has NOT realized the consequences of her actions. She has shown NO remorse for what she has done. She has not realized that she cannot care for 14 on her own like she says she can. I saw her interview on TV and she is giving me the vibes that she does not realize how serious this situation is, and that she doesn't realize that caring for 14 children on her own is IMPOSSIBLE. She thinks she can do it, but it is a HUGE FEAT. She will be an EPIC FAIL, and she has not realized that. She clearly has not thought out how she would care for the 14 kids. We have not heard from her of any good plans on how she would handle 14 kids all on her own, just that she would put her life on hold to care for them. I'm sorry but "putting her life on hold" is not good enough of a plan. She needs a more detailed plan, and we have not heard of one from her yet. Clearly she hasn't thought of how she will handle the six older children running, hyper, screaming, swearing, making messes, throwing toys, fighting, hitting, running out the door when her back is turned while changing a diaper, getting into things that are dangerous to them, etc as well as handling EIGHT babies that shit, puke, scream, cry, need frequent diaper changes and frequent night feedings as well as frequent feedings during the day too. Has she thought about how much sleep she will be able to get? I realistically do not think she will get any sleep at all. It's just not possible.

Last edited:

I DARE YOU to try to care for and to try to keep all FOURTEEN CHILDREN safe on your own, with NO help from anybody, not even Nadya or her mother or anybody. Just you. Have you thought of how she will handle the six older children running, hyper, screaming, swearing, making messes, throwing toys, fighting, hitting, running out the door when her back is turned while changing a diaper, getting into things that are dangerous to them, etc as well as handling EIGHT babies that shit, puke, scream, cry, need frequent diaper changes and frequent night feedings as well as frequent feedings during the day too? Have you thought about how much sleep she will be able to get? I realistically do not think she will get any sleep at all. And, if she is busy with the eight babies, it will be easier for the oldest six children who are all still 7 years old and under to get into mischief and will run out the door or drown in a pool or drown in the bathtub or something just as dangerous because her back is turned while changing one of the babies' diapers? She is not going to be able to keep an eye on ALL 14 kids all at the same time. It's just not humanely possible. You have to keep an eye on a small child ALL THE TIME. You just NEVER know what they will do. You have children of your own, right? You should know that if you have children of your own. A child could get hurt or die in an instant if you don't pay attention. Seriously. I am not kidding. I know of a child who died because a babysitter (who had many many many years of experience - 25 years total) had her back turned and the two years old child turned on the hot water in the tub and then got into the tub. By the time the babysitter turned around and saw her, the little girl ended up with 3rd degree burns over 75% of her body, and 4 days later she died in the ICU from complications from the burns plus an raging infection from the burns. I miss that kid. I used to play with that kid all the time when I was at church after the services when I was younger before I went into foster care. I heard the news when I was away in foster care, and when I received the news, I cried. I was 13 years old when this happened. She was my favorite. Kids can get into anything. Cleaning supplies, bleach, electrical sockets (even with the socket covers, a little kid can still pull those out and then stick a metal object in the socket - don't underestimate what little kids can do!), hot radiators, rat poison, medications, you name it, the kid will get into it. And with 14 kids, the danger is much higher than it would be with just one child. With 14, at least one or two is bound to get seriously injured. My stepmother got into some bleach when she was 4 years old when her mom was cleaning the bathroom, and she had her back turned. With her back turned, my stepmother got into the bleach and played with the liquid bleach, and while playing with it, she put her hands on her eyes, and ended up burning her eyes, and began screaming. Her mom heard her and turned around to find her with burnt eyelids, and called an ambulance. She lost the top layers of her eyelids, and now you can see all the blood veins plus her eyelids looks kind of translucent (see-through). All this within 60 seconds. Luckily, she did not lose her sight at all. She has to put beige eyeshadow on her eyelids to cover the veins and stuff now. Even if you childproof the house, there are still always many dangers that you don't realize are there or you have overlooked or missed, such as objects that are small enough to choke on, or children wearing clothes that have cords on them (like on hoodies) that they can end up getting strangled with when they get snagged on something and they can't free themselves from it. There are glass figurines and dishes and whatever on shelves and other places that children might knock over while running around the house, and they break, and the pieces of glass end up on the floor, and then the children running step on the broken glass. That will earn you and the child a visit to the ER and a visit from CPS. They can knock over candles if you don't think to put them on a higher place, and even then, children can still knock over furniture, so even that won't be good enough. Children will knock over everything, even a tall bookcase or a TV or a chest of drawers. You have to constantly watch your children at ALL TIMES. You may think the child is too small to be strong enough to knock over something heavy, but really, if the child has just enough strength to make the object wobble, the child CAN knock it over. It doesn't take much to knock something over. The child might get into a washing machine or drying machine (like you have read in another thread) or even get into the refrigerator or even into the dishwasher. Children like to hide. Sometimes there's a train track that goes through your backyard, and you didn't realize that one of your children has run outside because you have so many other children that you are looking after, and you lost track of her/him, and that child has run outside and is playing on the track, and a train comes, and you don't know that child is on the track until it is too late. (I saw this on Rescue 911 when I was a kid) Sometimes there will be a deep hole in the backyard that you don't realize is there, and the child will fall down that hole. Or there's a neighbor who has a pool, and you aren't paying much attention to your children because you are gardening or you are raking the leaves while they are playing, and you are paying more attention to what you are doing than to what they are doing, and they could go over to the neighbor's yard if there is no fence, and they can fall into the pool if it's a ground pool, or if there is an above ground pool, and if there is a ladder, the children can still get into the pool and drown. Even worse is during the winter when people keep covers over their pool, and then children get into the pool and go under the cover and can't get out because the cover is blocking the surface of the water, and they drown. My dad had to build a fence around his yard because a family with 6 kids moved in next door and they kept running around and they would often run into his yard, and my dad had a large pool in his yard. He got very nervous and constantly worried about whether the kids would climb into the pool and drown. All the kids were under the age of 8, and the youngest was 2, and the mother was pregnant with another. He was afraid the family would hold him liable if the kids were to drown, so he built a fence around the yard. There's rocks and pebbles and other many little things around the yard and around the house that you think are not dangerous but kids can choke on them anytime if you do not pay attention because little kids are curious and love to put little things in their mouth to taste them or to play with them in their mouths. No matter how well you child-proof a house and yard, it will never be completely 100% childproof. And with 14 children, it is just humanely IMPOSSIBLE to keep track of ALL the children...the eight babies are going to be easy to keep track of ONLY UNTIL they start to learn to CRAWL, and then they can get in really big trouble, plus you cannot keep track of the oldest six children if you are too busy with frequent diaper changes, frequent feedings, frequent clean-up (babies puke all the time), and they cry all the time and demand to be held, they'll be colicky, etc. Babies require so much attention that you can't pay enough attention to the oldest six to keep them out of trouble. Babies are so demanding. They take your attention away from the oldest six, and as a result, the oldest six can find many ways to get into trouble because you are too focused on the babies changing their diapers frequently, feeding them frequently, cleaning them up all the time when they puke, etc, etc. So, I have to say, enough is enough. Sterilize this woman, and place the oldest six with different relatives, and place the eight babies with eight different adoptive families, because it is just not humanely possible to keep all 14 children safe.

With all I have said above, do you still really think you can actually care for and keep all FOURTEEN CHILDREN safe and out of danger, with absolutely NO HELP from ANYBODY, not even Nadya or her parents or anyone else, just you alone with FOURTEEN CHILDREN? Be realistic. It's humanely IMPOSSIBLE. Be realistic and honest. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE. Nadya will be an EPIC FAIL if she thinks she can do all this on her own with no help. She's going to need at least 4 other adults to help her care for all of the FOURTEEN KIDS. 2 adults for the oldest six children, and then herself and 2 other adults to tend to the babies, and I even have a feeling that 3 adults (Nadya and the other 2 adults) is not going to be enough for the EIGHT babies. I think 4 might be a better ratio for the babies...2:1...1 adult per 2 babies = 4 adults for 8 babies. I know, because my aunt had twins, and that was very hard on her. Her husband, my uncle, was away at work as a painter, he paints houses. My aunt often needed my mother's help with the twin babies. We lived together in the same house, they lived upstairs and we lived downstairs, so I and my sister and my mom would often go upstairs to help my aunt with the twins when my uncle and my dad were both away at work. I know it is very tough to care for very small children, especially more than one of the same age. So, Chris' mom, be realistic and be honest. IT IS HUMANELY IMPOSSIBLE TO CARE FOR AND KEEP ALL FOURTEEN CHILDREN SAFE AND OUT OF DANGER ALL BY YOURSELF! If you still don't think so, I DARE YOU to go to California and go to Nadya's house and try to care for and keep all of Nadya's 14 children safe and out of danger with no one to help you, just you - the only adult - and all 14 children, no one else to help you, not even Nadya or her parents or anyone else. Just you. Try it and then come back and tell us how you did it.

Back