Occupations

Art life

Reaction score
!!Unemployed??!!
:hmm:
What occupations did you love/hate?
What occupations are you looking for?
What are your your ideal dream occupations?
What ideal dream occupations do you already have?
:wave:I loved teacher aide for the deaf and childcare but no money for college to further my future. Flooring installer was great career untill knees fell apart and can't hardly walk, then delivery driver not too hard work but really hated the big city traffic! Now unemployed still looking for driver jobs or anything really to pay the bills, but would really love to break into maintenance technician or something in the arts or working at home! The hardest part of any careers I've worked it the rude, inconsiderate, thankless people that always want to take advantage of customer service and don't care if they may rip your career and your home out from under your feet!!:evil: Really loved people who recognize your hard work and friendly service and was'nt afraid to tell you.:D

I'm a physician in Pediatric Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. I take care of children with physical disabilities. I have the ideal job, wouldn't change a thing. Where else can you get a hug after giving a child a shot?

I'm a physician in Pediatric Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. I take care of children with physical disabilities. I have the ideal job, wouldn't change a thing. Where else can you get a hug after giving a child a shot?

That's great, my first year at deaf school I worked one on one with autistic deaf girl and helped with other class projects, I really miss that work but only payed $3.85 per hour part time, one payday per month. I always loved working with children, it was so rewarding but couldn't be a career for me and my puzzled life, I tried to make it work for three years with no luck.

dog trainer - ideal, I love, something I've always wanted to do. Just got home from teaching Puppy class, in fact.

Would like to do service dog training, did a bit of that as a volunteer but would like to do something more formal-

Pet sitting. That is flexible and I have a lot of control over when and for whom I work.

Plus I am good at it and animals like me.

At the moment, I'm a Stay At Home Mother

But I would love to become a nurse or teacher assistant. Mainly I want to work with children.

IT production support Officer *(at work)* here and Networking technical support for my business.

ATM I am a cashier well as a dog trainer/sitter. I hope to work as a paraprofessional working with a deaf student given I pass the praxis exam.

I've been in Investment Mgmt for most of my life. Let's put it in a more honest statement: I'm a paper pusher in a 8 X 6 Coffin from 8-5 Mon - Friday. I coordinate the flow of cash and assets between Banks. What I'd really like to do? I'd like to quit my job, go to school full time and become a nurse. Whats stopping me? CASH... that and the fact I'm afraid of working with Doctors who put a mask over their mouths and I can't read their lips - Also, many doctors have a foreign dialect. I wouldnt be able to understand them. I have that situation at my current job but I can make them email or "instant message" me so its not horrible.

I am Housewife/stay home mom and babysitter. I babysit the kids whenever parent needs me. Right now I babysit everyday (M to F) for couple of hours till June 26 then I am done. I dunno if I'll babysit during summer break. We'll see!

!!Unemployed??!!
nope. full-time employee right now

What occupations did you love/hate?
my old jobs - yuck
my current job - yeaaaa :cool2: big salary, lot of free time.

What occupations are you looking for?
public administration-related. will enroll in grad school perhaps late this year or next year.

What are your your ideal dream occupations?
being a cop or movie producer

What ideal dream occupations do you already have?
Minimum Work, Maximum Pay :cool2:

Hey Jiro - "mimimum work, maximum pay' is the same thing I work here.

Well, I have a second job now, so I make MORE than I get the first job, sir.

Well, I have a second job now, so I make MORE than I get the first job, sir.

it's still less. beside - why would you stick with first job if you make more at your 2nd job? :nana:

it's still less. beside - why would you stick with first job if you make more at your 2nd job? :nana:
Nah, the second job doesn't beat the first one but combined in total is better. I think my previous post is more confusing.

Nah, the second job doesn't beat the first one but combined in total is better. I think my previous post is more confusing.

oh ok. either way - even with both of your jobs combined... it's still less :nana: and i'm not even counting in my side job.

Don't worry, Young Skywalker. You'll get there.

oh ok. either way - even with both of your jobs combined... it's still less :nana: and i'm not even counting in my side job.

Don't worry, Young Skywalker. You'll get there.
True, still that I'm young. And I might end up a boss in a team in the department with plenty of $$$ where it will beat you but in the end you will be way further than I do. You win, son.

True, still that I'm young. And I might end up a boss in a team in the department with plenty of $$$ where it will beat you but in the end you will be way further than I do. You win, son.

maybe. maybe not. :dunno:

Back