Occupations

My first job I worked at an elementry school. I didn't mind it at first but 32 kindergarteners was a bit much and way out of ratio! :| Not to mention, the schools system now seem to be run by the FCAT(tests/SAT). :mad: Then I was a stay at home mom for a long time, that's one of the best jobs in the world! :thumb: When I recently seperated, I decided to go back to school for what I originally planned years ago...Sign Interpreting! I love it! :ily: I have a real basic job now just so I can try to keep focused on my sign studing. I love it because some of my best friends work their and they work around my school schedule but their are a few people that are always ready to "throw you under a bus" -which can make working there aweful sometimes. :dunno2: I am thinking about slowing work to focus even more on my signing. I also raise butterflies for some side cash which I love and has flexible hours. :mrgreen:

My dream job? I want to get my national certification. :mrgreen:
Ideally I will probably work in the school system.
My dream? Well I work with the attraction association - like travel and tourism locations. Last semester I did a paper on 'Tourism and the Deaf', my finds rather made me disappointed. I called around seeing what different locations offered...Interpreter, transcripts, etc. Most offered next to nothing. :noway: :noway: I really would like to go to the association and confront them about this. :idea: It would be awesome if they would allow me to go and educate the different locations, make them aware and how to handle it. Plus it would be neat to interpret when needed at the different tourist locations. :D

My first job was also in elementary school with first grade deaf, I loved that job so much and really wish I could have stayed sometimes I would even come in and work for free.

Back