NY passes 1st US gun control bill since massacre

Yeah, it will not stop private held gun shows. Trust me, there are plenty of private, invite by private only basis gun shows that no body knows at all. I am sure you already know these kinds of events.

Banning guns shows will do nothing to curb crime and will only serve to violate law abiding citizens rights and freedom. Leave our gun rights alone! Go after the criminals and the bad guys in DC! :shock:

Then do your f* job, cop! :lol:

Why the rudeness? I do my job quite well thank you. I don't think we need the language or the attitude. But hey, sow your oats, this is the internet. Just remember you will reap what you sow. Good day sir!

Why the rudeness? I do my job quite well thank you. I don't think we need the language or the attitude. But hey, sow your oats, this is the internet. Just remember you will reap what you sow. Good day sir!
I was joking, see the emoticon at the end.

Anyway, why DC? The bad guys are all over America, not just in DC.

Go after the criminals and the bad guys in DC!

Lately, have you read an article about a sting that busted one bad guy who was trading guns, military-grade grenades and bombs for cocaine in Colorado? Good job, ATF!

Lately, have you read an article about a sting that busted one bad guy who was trading guns, military-grade grenades and bombs for cocaine in Colorado? Good job, ATF!

all above.... are already illegal. and yet that criminal was still selling them. whatever happened to our strict laws?

Yeah, one out of how many are actually still doing same thing? Really nobody knows exact but I bet there are thousands of them doing the same thing and only one bust? Its really pretty much a drop in a bucket, and a tweeny tiny bent after all. Black Market business is booming way above stratosphere.

all above.... are already illegal. and yet that criminal was still selling them. whatever happened to our strict laws?

He is a veteran so probably that's where he got grenades and he was trained to build bombs while he served in Iraq, Somalia and Pakistan.

He is a veteran so probably that's where he got grenades and he was trained to build bombs while he served in Iraq, Somalia and Pakistan.

.... which is illegal

Right. No new laws needed to go after the illegal arms deals.

wondering what new laws can prevent this...

CrazyPaul - care to help me out in here?

The key point is, laws don't really prevent anything from happening; they just make it possible to prosecute a lawbreaker after the fact.

Just like security cameras. Do they really prevent crime? Or do they just make it easier to identify the criminals after the crime is committed?

If they make certain weapons, ammo, or accessories harder for the general public to purchase will that really prevent those items from being used by people who ignore the law? No. It will just make it easier to track law-abiding gun owners, and drive up the price (and profit incentive) for illegal gun deals.

The key point is, laws don't really prevent anything from happening; they just make it possible to prosecute a lawbreaker after the fact.

Just like security cameras. Do they really prevent crime? Or do they just make it easier to identify the criminals after the crime is committed?

If they make certain weapons, ammo, or accessories harder for the general public to purchase will that really prevent those items from being used by people who ignore the law? No. It will just make it easier to track law-abiding gun owners, and drive up the price (and profit incentive) for illegal gun deals.

Studies have shown they do prevent crime, but it is largely relative, and it really depends on what kind of crime we are talking about. Differences by region, political views of locals, are factors that contribute to the efficiency in certain CTPED creations, especially security cameras.

The NCJRS will present some of this veiwset: https://www.ncjrs.gov/works/wholedoc.htm
They can be very handy in reducing certain crimes like automotive thefts (such as college campuses). Or become more handy in California than it would be in Idaho (more pop density). Cameras placed near bars have shown that it does promote some degree of awareness. But if we talk about a crime like murder, robbery, some of these crimes involve the spur of the moment or the suspect is not really paying attention to the issue of cameras.

On the prosecution issue with camera evidence, I suppose that is an alternative feature. Camera implementations can be genuine though, although I wouldn't be surprised if some were mainly for court uses.

Studies have shown they do prevent crime, but it is largely relative, and it really depends on what kind of crime we are talking about. Differences by region, political views of locals, are factors that contribute to the efficiency in certain CTPED creations, especially security cameras.

They can be very handy in reducing certain crimes like automotive thefts (such as college campuses). Cameras placed near bars have shown that it does promote some degree of awareness. But if we talk about a crime like murder, robbery, some of these crimes involve the spur of the moment or the suspect is not really paying attention to the issue of cameras.

On the prosecution issue with camera evidence, I suppose that is an alternative feature. Camera implementations can be genuine though, although I wouldn't be surprised if some were mainly for court uses.

a $5 ski mask will render it useless and any public defender can have it thrown out due to circumstantial evidence.

a $5 ski mask will render it useless and any public defender can have it thrown out due to circumstantial evidence.

Does everyone wear ski masks? Once anyone has one on anyway, you become a target for the public to contact the local police.

Does everyone wear ski masks?
in most of security cams... looks like a handful of robbers do wear masks

Once anyone has it on anyway, you become a target for the public to contact the local police.
well I don't see how unless you'd have to be that stupidly bold to rob in a broad daylight with people everywhere.

The NCJRS will present some of this veiwset: https://www.ncjrs.gov/works/wholedoc.htm
They can be very handy in reducing certain crimes like automotive thefts (such as college campuses). Or become more handy in California than it would be in Idaho (more pop density). Cameras placed near bars have shown that it does promote some degree of awareness. But if we talk about a crime like murder, robbery, some of these crimes involve the spur of the moment or the suspect is not really paying attention to the issue of cameras.

If cameras were really a significant deterrent to crime we wouldn't have so many "caught on camera" criminal moments on youtube. :hmm:

in most of security cams... looks like a handful of robbers do wear masks

well I don't see how unless you'd have to be that stupidly bold to rob in a broad daylight with people everywhere.
Also, a ski cap isn't a mask until it's unrolled over the face. Until then, it just looks like a regular knit cap. If the the perps don't roll them down until crime time, then no one notices.

Other criminals bring stockings and costume masks with them. That shows an awareness of cameras but it doesn't stop them from committing the crime.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imVh7h9WXvg]Worlds Worst Boyfriend (Official Vid). Roommate Robbery prank on 3 hot chicks! - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, like I said before, gun control law won't stop black markets. I know that. Same thing with dope dealing. That's why we have DEA and ATF. I have repeated saying that gun control law is needed to make sure that no assault-style rifles/high-capacity magazines are sold. It's not taking your rights away. You can still keep your guns that you already own for sporting and protection. Right now they are protesting in DC.

Gun control advocates march as nation reels from school shootings - CNN.com

Most importantly, please respect my opinion. If you don't like what you hear, leave me alone. You said a new law won't make a difference. OK, I respect your opinion. :deal:? I am really getting tired of getting attacked by you and other members (especially dhb) because all of you don't like what you hear.

Back