NRA's new video game

I explained a lot of things and I feel that information that I gave to you are sufficient. See my post #108 in other thread.
http://www.alldeaf.com/current-even...rb-ratings-legally-binding-4.html#post2143576

It is parent responsibility to monitor the child's behavior and the game companies will not going babysitting the children. The parent has enough authority, such as deny to own the game console or make severe restriction to play video game. There is ONE most important advice - parent must monitor the child's behavior when they play violent games, especially Doom 3, Call of Duty, GTA, Rage, Counter Strike, Left 4 Dead, etc. If parent finds the child's behavior as not normal so discontinue the play video game and rehabilitate to child's behavior, also must understand about video game isn't real. It is biggest part of parent's job to take care of the children.

I'm not going support the government to punish us for let child goes wild because of lazy and irresponsibility parent who supposed to do the job for child. I'm not responsible to take care of all children over the world.

US Supreme Court ruled that regulation on video game is unconstitutional and it is waste of time to pass the regulation, so the court will strike rest of them down. It will be much worse if you are trying to politicize the video game and more game companies will going involve with political system to protect their interest, even they can get voters to elect the pro-gamer representative that will going gridlock the US chambers, so will serve as zero benefit for you.

There is only one solution - you have to replace the US Constitution with authoritarian constitution that allows government to have greater authority to regulate everything. That's extremely impossible in US and the society will change over the time.

This has absolutely nothing to do with my post. Also, your 4th paragraph is untrue.

Nevermind.

It looks unusual article for Washington DC.

In our state, the interstate highway usually used with combined of state and federal funding, so the state is free to set the speed limit.

You are not reading what Jiro is saying carefully.

It looks unusual article for Washington DC.

In our state, the interstate highway usually used with combined of state and federal funding, so the state is free to set the speed limit.

that's not what I said.

I said the state is free to do whatever it wants but they can risk losing a federal funding if it doesn't meet a federal standard.

First, I understand about what are you saying, but I make otherwise statement - it will still not stop citizens from eat fatty, junk food because like you said - the government has no business.
that's fine but I'm not interested in what they eat. It's up to them what to eat and how much to eat - a gluttony. but it should be up to government to regulate what a company can use to make a food because unfortunately... we cannot trust a company to do the right thing.

The food and beverage companies will not abandon the HFCS until the federal lift the protectionism law (trade restriction) that protect the US sugar companies. Whenever federal attempt to lift the policy, the US sugar companies send lobbyists to the congress, so you need to beat the US sugar companies. Also, we may need end the government subsidies on corn, so could make HFCS costs more.
ok..... cool story, I think.

You are not reading what Jiro is saying carefully.

Why are you saying like those?

The forum admin doesn't want to see between you and me to argue about not understand or not read.

I'm going out of this way.

that's not what I said.

I said the state is free to do whatever it wants but they can risk losing a federal funding if it doesn't meet a federal standard.

Ok, I don't know about speed limit is part of federal standard. :dunno:

Why are you saying like those?

The forum admin doesn't want to see between you and me to argue about not understand or not read.

I'm going out of this way.

There was no arguing. It was an attempt to help you understand what another member was saying.

that's fine but I'm not interested in what they eat. It's up to them what to eat and how much to eat - a gluttony. but it should be up to government to regulate what a company can use to make a food because unfortunately... we cannot trust a company to do the right thing.

ok..... cool story, I think.

Oh ok, just curious, do you believe that GMO should be labeled?

For me, I support those case.

"If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as the souls who live under tyranny."
-Thomas Jefferson (1778)

The lawmakers are very anxiety ridden after CT school shooting occurred and they talk about bad, negative things about video games, so they did to guns too. If there is no large tragic event occur so they will calm down and move on about the situation.

I'm getting very tired of those situation and make our government looks dumb.

I don't find it surprising that a man who makes millions in the video game industry claims that video games are not linked to violence. I would expect as much.

Looking at earnings, it appears consumers disagree with the CEO. EA revenues were down which could be indicative of the still slugish economy....except, sports games are doing well and war games brought revenues down.

EA Earnings Down Despite FIFA, Simpsons Tapped Out Sales - IGN

I don't find it surprising that a man who makes millions in the video game industry claims that video games are not linked to violence. I would expect as much.

Looking at earnings, it appears consumers disagree with the CEO. EA revenues were down which could be indicative of the still slugish economy....except, sports games are doing well and war games brought revenues down.

EA Earnings Down Despite FIFA, Simpsons Tapped Out Sales - IGN

The slow economy hurt video game industries - see THQ went bankrupted and sold all brands/franchises to other companies.

The decline of earning has nothing with customer's disagreement with CEO or violent games, so it is about quality of game like Medal of Honor Warfighter isn't great. Have a bad game - bad review hurt the video game industries at overall. EA CEO isn't in charge to develop the game, but the game developers are responsible to develop the game and EA has to publish it.

Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 will going help EA so much because two upcoming games are very popular.

The slow economy hurt video game industries - see THQ went bankrupted and sold all brands/franchises to other companies.

The decline of earning has nothing with customer's disagreement with CEO or violent games, so it is about quality of game like Medal of Honor Warfighter isn't great. Have a bad game - bad review hurt the video game industries at overall. EA CEO isn't in charge to develop the game, but the game developers are responsible to develop the game and EA has to publish it.

Dead Space 3 and Crysis 3 will going help EA so much because two upcoming games are very popular.

Well, we really can't say for sure. What we can say without question, is that while revenues were down, EA sports games thrived. The lack of revenue from war games may be attributed to poor quality of the games as you say. But as an investor, looking at the time frame of that drop in sales, Especially during the Christmas season, I would tend to find that reflective of the public sentiment toward violent games

Well, we really can't say for sure. What we can say without question, is that while revenues were down, EA sports games thrived. The lack of revenue from war games may be attributed to poor quality of the games as you say. But as an investor, looking at the time frame of that drop in sales, Especially during the Christmas season, I would tend to find that reflective of the public sentiment toward violent games

I think it will be short term, just like 1999 Columbine shooting and 2007 VA Tech shooting.

The Medal of Honor didn't achieve the success since original release and I never liked Medal of Honor. The completion - Call of Duty achieved a lot of success.

For me, I don't see argument about Medal of Honor as valid, unless you have to prove about there are any declining of sale for Call of Duty, so I know Medal of Honor is worst war game ever since original released in 2010.

I think it will be short term, just like 1999 Columbine shooting and 2007 VA Tech shooting.

The Medal of Honor didn't achieve the success since original release and I never liked Medal of Honor. The completion - Call of Duty achieved a lot of success.

For me, I don't see argument about Medal of Honor as valid, unless you have to prove about there are any declining of sale for Call of Duty, so I know Medal of Honor is worst war game ever since original released in 2010.

I have no doubt that you are right about sales being down short term. People have short memories.

Back