Nova Soctia, Canada

That's what I thought. :)

You can ask me any info about those trips, that you need to know.

L.L. Bean Inc in Freeport, ME

I took pics a month ago when I went for Xmas shopping.

I love L L Bean.. and 24 hours open! :thumb: We went shopped in LLBean at after midnight!

I have been to LL Bean there...so awesome store! We may go there again. Yep they stay open 24/7 (not sure about the hoildays though!)

We will dicuss more about the trip later on...for now just get some ideas. :)

Dang about the CAT! Darn! We'll love to ride on CAT! Darn it!

I am gonna keep research and gather some ideas probably in late spring/early summer....no hurry! And of course kennel just in case for our dogs if we go to Nova Soctia.

OMG!!! Nova Scotia is my favorite place in the world!!! Okay, I've never been to any other "foreign" country. But never mind that! I have been around Canada a bit.

My husband and I went in 2006, and I keep telling him that we're going to move there when he retires! We're going back in 2012 for some Titanic 100th anniversary observances, and to see Labrador and Newfoundland.

Halifax is very nice. If you get near the Harbour, ther are a lot of fun shops and restaurants within walking distance of each other. Don't know if Theodore Tugboat from the PBS Kids show is still there or not. Lots of history; the Citadel, the explosion, maritime stuff, three cemetaries with Titanic connections.

Other places to visit; another vote for beautiful Peggy's Cove. Digby, Baddeck, and Yarmouth are all nice. There's a lighthouse at Peggy's Cove where, if you mail a letter from the post office in the lighthouse, the letter is postmarked with a lighthouse-shaped stamp!

My very favorite place in NS is the Ingonnish area, way up in Cape Breton. If you get way up there, there is lots of whale watching. The Puffins go out to sea pretty early (before September) so if you get there later you won't get to see those funny little birds. Also lots of bear and moose to be seen.

I'm sorry that I'm prattling on. But NS really is my favorite place. If anyone wants more info, feel free to PM me. I just can't stop saying nice things about NS!!!! :D And I can't wait to go back!

Last edited:
Cool! Thanks for some tips! I'll check them out....I wanted kids to have a wonderful time up in NS! :) (probably between 3 to 5 kids...2 of my own, one of friend's and not sure if other friend bring her two kids). It'll be a fun trip! My youngest haven't been to Canada...my oldest has been maybe once or twice. :)

OMG!!! Nova Scotia is my favorite place in the world!!! Okay, I've never been to any other "foreign" country. But never mind that! I have been around Canada a bit.

My husband and I went in 2006, and I keep telling him that we're going to move there when he retires! We're going back in 2012 for some Titanic 100th anniversary observances, and to see Labrador and Newfoundland.

Halifax is very nice. If you get near the Harbour, ther are a lot of fun shops and restaurants within walking distance of each other. Don't know if Theodore Tugboat from the PBS Kids show is still there or not. Lots of history; the Citadel, the explosion, maritime stuff, three cemetaries with Titanic connections.

Other places to visit; another vote for beautiful Peggy's Cove. Digby, Baddeck, and Yarmouth are all nice. There's a lighthouse at Peggy's Cove where, if you mail a letter from the post office in the lighthouse, the letter is postmarked with a lighthouse-shaped stamp!

My very favorite place in NS is the Ingonnish area, way up in Cape Breton. If you get way up there, there is lots of whale watching. The Puffins go out to sea pretty early (before September) so if you get there later you won't get to see those funny little birds. Also lots of bear and moose to be seen.

I'm sorry that I'm prattling on. But NS really is my favorite place. If anyone wants more info, feel free to PM me. I just can't stop saying nice things about NS!!!! :D And I can't wait to go back!

Not a bad idea! Not sure when the 'best' time to see the whale watching. I'll research on that. I am sure kids would love to see it! I am sure there's dolphins as well?

There is somewhere you can swim with dolphins, your best chance is the west coast of BC, around Vancouver or Vancouver Island, I think. Also, you might try one of the theme parks - perhaps West Edmonton Mall? (West Edmonton Mall is located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, which is the 5th largest mall in the world!)
If I remember correctly, they had a large water exhibit and may have had a couple of dolphins in it.

Nova Scotia is a great place to vacation, lots to do. I sent my parents on a cruise from portland Maine to Yarmouth Nova Scotia on the CAT and they absolutley loved it-the hotels, the food the cruise-everything. Unfortunately the CAT stopped ferrying to Yarmouth Nova Scotia from Portland Maine last year.

That's right. I went there many times in the past and I loved it. The CAT stopped ferrying to Yarmouth Nova Scotia from Portland, Maine last year due to high fuel prices and a drop in passengers. I was disappointed. Oh, well...

Very nice website Sosie. :ty: I saved it in my Favorites file so I can use it for reference on my 2012 trip.

I like the pic of Peggy's Cove in the background!

Thanx again!
Patricia

You are very welcome, Patricia! :)
Enjoy your trip next year!

I have been to Nova Scotia multiple times... I have family there. One of the best times to tour Nova Scotia is when the tall ships are there. We went once and loved it! You should also take a drive on the Cabot Trail.

If you're planning on vacationing in Nova Scotia, you should really take the time to go to Prince Edward Island as well. I personally prefer PEI over Nova Scotia. Such a nice area!

I haven't been to Nova Scotia but I would love to. Some of my ancestors were from Nova Scotia. I think it would be fun to ride the ferry there.

Back