Nothing special

CrazehJess

Reaction score
Hey guys. Never really done anything like this. Infact, to be entirely honest, I haven't met or spoken to very many deaf people at all. I've only had a conversation with a couple. Anyway. I'm 15 years old and I'm severely deaf with hearing aids. I was born deaf. I can lipread and... well, I didn't even know you could get speech therapy until I read a couple of these forums. I certainly didn't get that. Just my gran yelling in my ear 'AM... BU... LANCE!" I couldn't pronounce that word for a long time. :D

Everyone I've known, never knew I was deaf until I told them and I've been told it's almost impossible to notice. I know I can speak fairly well and I do my best to talk properly and make a real effort in trying to hear people. I don't see my deafness as a disability. I see it as a part of who I am and despite problems I've had, if someone said they could make me hearing just like that, I'd turn it down. I've accepted it, it's made me the person I am today and I figure... what's the point in denying it? I'm starting to ramble here... but I just want to thank my family for everything. They helped me deal with everything and especially my gran for making sure I've been able to say everything right.

Anyway! I'm gonna stop boring you folks and I look forward to some good chats with you guys in the future. Adios.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Interesting introduction--hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

:wave:
~RR

Well, hello there and welcome to this sometimes moronic paradise! Lol, just kidding; may your journey through the topics here bear fruit and let us get to know you better. I have some immediate questions for you but I shall wat till they fall into the appropriate topics for me to ask. Anyway, have a good time!

Thanks everybody. (Sorry for late response, internet went down) I'm sure I'll enjoy it here, you all seem very nice people. And... questions? Shoot. I'll look forward to answering those!

Well, hello there and welcome to this sometimes moronic paradise! . . .

And speaking of morons . . . :D Sorry, Tousi, I couldn't resist! ;) Yes, CrazehJess, welcome aboard! I've been given the same response you have, but people knew I wore hearing aids. I think some hearing people (herein called "hearies") are more moronic than all the deafs that are here! Me and Tousi are pretty cool, so don't let the ribbing make you think we're mad at each other. I do kid around, so, stick around and maybe I'll give you a hard time about something . . . maybe about your spelling, who knows? I'm a professional student and writer, in case you're wondering what that was about. :)

Thank you.

And I'm sure 'hearies' are more moronic than you guys. You never know. :P And as for my spelling... I try my best. I'm used to needing to spell correctly and all that business. I'm kind of a writer. A wannabe anyway. And I'm on a RPG site. So please do, if I spell something wrong, I'd love to know the correct term. :)

I'm a hearie, but only mildly moronic. :doh:

Welcome, Jess. And if it makes you feel any better, my hearing kids couldn't say ambulance, either. It came out: AM...BLEE...ANCE.

Of course you're not moronic! :D

And hehe. It's funny now that I think about it. Ambulance. Comparing it to other words I can say and I pronounce nowadays, I always think 'jeez, ambulance was the least of my worries', y'know? :squint:

Welcome to All deaf - I hope you will enjoy the forum! :D But, don't mind me - I noticed that your english looks very good than I do. Is it in part of your writing hobby, correct?

Thank you.

And I'm sure 'hearies' are more moronic than you guys. You never know. :P And as for my spelling... I try my best. I'm used to needing to spell correctly and all that business. I'm kind of a writer. A wannabe anyway. And I'm on a RPG site. So please do, if I spell something wrong, I'd love to know the correct term. :)

Hey....some of us are hearies! Welcome to AD!

Welcome to All deaf - I hope you will enjoy the forum! :D But, don't mind me - I noticed that your english looks very good than I do. Is it in part of your writing hobby, correct?

Thank you! And I've always tried to say and write english as best as I can. My writing hobby made it even more important and a certain website I go to, helped as well. :) It's become a habit now. I could never do text speak. :D

And for the hearies... I was totally kidding. :D Blame pek1. :P

Back