Noises

Tonight my tinnitus is the super loud roar, a radio station sound from another room, a pager beeping, beep, beep, beep and The Star Spangled Banner all at the same time. It's 1:30am here so it looks like another night with no sleep. I hope someone figures out how to get rid of tinnitus soon or I might just go crazy!!!!!

Most likely. Right now I have a low hum in my left ear and crickets in my right ear.
Actually, the crickets are in both ears.

No crickets yet, but I have the low hum. Thankfully, it's low enough that if I turn on my headphones, I can't hear it... Needless to say, I can't sleep without music or the fan on, because the sound drives me batty.

No crickets yet, but I have the low hum. Thankfully, it's low enough that if I turn on my headphones, I can't hear it... Needless to say, I can't sleep without music or the fan on, because the sound drives me batty.

There's something loose in my fan and it rattles a lot.. so I can't sleep with the HAs and the fan on :P

I will say, you can learn to adapt to what you can sleep with. I do not hear sounds at all except for my tinnitus. It is never-ending. I have a husband who changes job shifts every so often. So, with this, I have learned to sleep with whatever sounds my tinnitus comes up with and also to sleep with a low light on. Heck, I've even learned to sleep with a dog and a cat in the bed as well and I never thought that would be possible. The body does learn to adjust. Hubby is finding it hard to sleep with the ceiling fan on, but he is learning. For this issue of sleeping and such, I am so, so so very thankful for my being deaf.

I will say, you can learn to adapt to what you can sleep with. I do not hear sounds at all except for my tinnitus. It is never-ending. I have a husband who changes job shifts every so often. So, with this, I have learned to sleep with whatever sounds my tinnitus comes up with and also to sleep with a low light on. Heck, I've even learned to sleep with a dog and a cat in the bed as well and I never thought that would be possible. The body does learn to adjust. Hubby is finding it hard to sleep with the ceiling fan on, but he is learning. For this issue of sleeping and such, I am so, so so very thankful for my being deaf.
I cannot sleep with a fan or ceiling fan on, its not the noise but for some reason it dries my sinuses out and I get all stuffy.

I cannot sleep with a fan or ceiling fan on, its not the noise but for some reason it dries my sinuses out and I get all stuffy.

That's also what happens to hubby. I also have a little problem with that, but I'd rather be cool enough when I slept and hubby doesn't want the A/C lowered.

All of your tinnitus problems sound AWFUL!! I had no idea it was so common.

Mike - I love your avatar! :)

For 3 days.....*very unusual*...I've been hearing vibrations...thought it was loud music or something....I checked everything...nothing on....tried to dismiss it....

My deaf friend came over to chat...and I happened to mention it...and she said she had the same thing!....We had a bad wind and rain storm last week...some trees were down...she said she thought it was probably that..."the earth moving or something"...:giggle:..we also had a few sinkholes..but not near my home.....

It's stopped, but I do have these virbrations off and on....it's a bitch not knowing what they really are tho'.....maybe I'm psychic!....

RR that would be nice if all this noise meant we had higher powers!!hahaha

I haven't slept the last four nights, well never actually so if something good came out of all this that would be amazing.

Little physic today..told hubby to call my orthopedics office before he left work early and we made the hour drive to see him. Well they had cancelled my appointment. GRRRR!!

RR that would be nice if all this noise meant we had higher powers!!hahaha

I haven't slept the last four nights, well never actually so if something good came out of all this that would be amazing.

Little physic today..told hubby to call my orthopedics office before he left work early and we made the hour drive to see him. Well they had cancelled my appointment. GRRRR!!

How true!....All day long that song has been going on..."Splish-splash...I was taking a bath".....Whooooo-hoooooo"....Think I'll just get up from my rocking chair and do the "Harlem Shake".....

Trying to "change the channel" somewhat (ya know)...and the Opera sneaks in and that I really hate, Angel1989!.....

I've had the Star Spangled Banner and a heavy metal group non stop for days. Guess I am getting ready for baseball season. I go to my first S.F. Giants game May 8th and I am so, so excited.

My noises are so loud they give me a severe headache. Maybe it's the other way around headache causes noises??????

I've had the Star Spangled Banner and a heavy metal group non stop for days. Guess I am getting ready for baseball season. I go to my first S.F. Giants game May 8th and I am so, so excited.

My noises are so loud they give me a severe headache. Maybe it's the other way around headache causes noises??????

I dunno...my friend has a lot of headaches too....Feel what we deafies endure would be "funny" to some hearies....or they thinking we're goofy or something....:giggle:....I used to ask..."what's that noise"?....and everybody would say..."I don't hear it".....One friend had the gall or the nerve to ask me..."do you hear voices?".....Made me realize a lot and keep it to myself, except to other deafies....My doctor won't even discuss it!...Gave me a "quizzical" look once. My concentration span is very low....ah well....

Seriously, Angel....as time goes by...you will be able to deal with it better. Hang in there, girl!

My doctor asks me "What on the brainzack today?" as opposed to the muzack. HE finds it a little fascinating and will always keep track of my answer.

it is weird annoy on buzz on tinnitus crappy stranger annoy seems maybe seems doesnt' dizzy lose balance seems affect to me!. annoy buzz tinnitus noise feeling bother me sensitivities

Wow! I have the same thing you guys are describing the contant refridgerator noise. I feel vibrations really sensitive to it and it will wake me up. And just hear weird noises all the time too. I'm hearing though too, but fluctuates in auditory processing ability. For me my brain is the problem rather than my ears. Sometimes I can't make out speech at all and other times I hear really well. Too well a lot of the time. I actually hear better most of the time with earplugs in. There's this constant echoey thing that happens where every sound just echoes in my brain constantly. I can't figure out where the sounds are coming from. The only thing the doc found wrong with my ears was that half of my acoustic reflexes were absent. It's a neurological thing I guess related to my seizures and other brain stuff. Oh well....I guess I'll stick to earplugs.

well past 2 days its just the chanting of a catholic church, echoing and all. Kinda relaxing but Id rather hear some metallica or something. How do you change the channels?

different noises can be differnt causes ent told me and dr can hear what you have with certain sounds.......javice you have thyroid,take care that not some of your problem to much thyroxin give awful whooshing in ears did me...

For me, changing the channels is not really easy,. I do find that if I am in a very emotionally charged situation, then the calmer music comes, but if I get to a really relaxed almost "Zen" state of mind, that's when the Sammy Hagar and stuff comes rolling in. Really irritating as I never liked rock music.

For me, changing the channels is not really easy,. I do find that if I am in a very emotionally charged situation, then the calmer music comes, but if I get to a really relaxed almost "Zen" state of mind, that's when the Sammy Hagar and stuff comes rolling in. Really irritating as I never liked rock music.

Ditto.....and I do try to exhaust myself before attempting to go to sleep...and try to keep a soft melody going....At times it gets hard "to change the channel"...and I lay awake all "bugged-eyed"....

Back