No new IE for Mac. Yipe!

Originally posted by VamPyroX
Safari isn't gonna do any well. I've already tried it and it keeps crashing on me. Blah!

Oh... you have a Mac or you tried it somewhere else?

My experience with Safari, is pretty good. Perhaps, it's a software conflict or an older version.

Of course, it's still a beta.

But the thing is, the Safari is already very popular and now is the choice of millions of Mac users.

IE don't have the advantages like Apple does when it comes to open-source hardwares and softwares.

O/S hardwares may be an advantage but it's easy to be hacked... From what I hear, correct me if I'm wrong

Originally posted by Janitor
O/S hardwares may be an advantage but it's easy to be hacked... From what I hear, correct me if I'm wrong

You're correct....watch me..

:picks up an old hardware motherboard and lays it on a top of a stump:

Now the fun part...

:picks up an axe and holds it up in the air then lets it come down hard to hack the motherboard in half:

See?

Originally posted by Justin Sane
Safari is just another nutscrape.
Eh? Safari is based on the Linux KDE Konqueror browser, and has nothing to do with Netscape or Mozilla browser code that I know of.

Originally posted by jejones3141
Eh? Safari is based on the Linux KDE Konqueror browser, and has nothing to do with Netscape or Mozilla browser code that I know of.

I hate KDE anyway. I am just saying that its just like netscape. of course, netscape have nothing to do with safari. :roll:

Originally posted by Banjo
Oh... you have a Mac or you tried it somewhere else?

My experience with Safari, is pretty good. Perhaps, it's a software conflict or an older version.

Of course, it's still a beta.

But the thing is, the Safari is already very popular and now is the choice of millions of Mac users.

IE don't have the advantages like Apple does when it comes to open-source hardwares and softwares.

Its still unstable on some machines. Especially on my ibook, even when I reinstalled Mac 9.1 and MacOSX.

My friend has Safari and it loads slower than IE does. He is starting to hate it, he wishes that they continued with IE because with that, he never had problems... only problems with Netscape and Safari.

Apparently, Safari seems to load websites faster than the IE application on my computer.

So, I'm not going to worry about Internet Explorer.

Besides, the new PowerMac G5 are the fastest PCs now that they are using IBM processors instead of Motorola according to some sources including CNN. Oh yeah, they're 64-bit now too instead of the traditional 32-bit.

"I'm actually even more impressed by the G5 that I thought I'd be," Microprocessor Report Editor Peter Glaskowsky said. "2GHz is impressive. Individually, these chips are faster than a Pentium 4. And with two of them, that's incredible. I really can't argue with Apple's argument that the G5 is the fastest desktop available now."

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/06/24/compare/

What's 64-bit?
A computer's speed is defined by how fast it digests the 1's or 0's--called bits--that compose every piece of information in the electronic world. Pentiums and other processors in PCs are 32-bit chips, meaning they swallow 32 of those 1's and 0's with each tick of their internal clock. (The clock ticks fast: 4.3 billion times a second in a 4.3-gigahertz Pentium.) 64-bit chips take 64 bits at a time--they crunch double the data.

FORTUNE.COM

So far, the reactions has been extremely positive on the unveiling of PowerMac G5 computers.

Remember, I am not making an arguement nor saying that they are better. I'm just providing information from what've been going on this week.

Originally posted by Banjo
Apparently, Safari seems to load websites faster than the IE application on my computer.

So, I'm not going to worry about Internet Explorer.

Besides, the new PowerMac G5 are the fastest PCs now that they are using IBM processors instead of Motorola according to some sources including CNN. Oh yeah, they're 64-bit now too instead of the traditional 32-bit.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/06/24/compare/

What's 64-bit?

FORTUNE.COM

So far, the reactions has been extremely positive on the unveiling of PowerMac G5 computers.

Remember, I am not making an arguement nor saying that they are better. I'm just providing information from what've been going on this week.

I don't recall the topic of this thread....being related to 64 bits?

MAC isn't the first with a 64 bit nor are they the fastest pc. :p

Originally posted by SilenceGold
I don't recall the topic of this thread....being related to 64 bits?

MAC isn't the first with a 64 bit nor are they the fastest pc. :p

How the hell would you know if they aren't the fastest PC if you haven't even seen them in action?

Now, I've pointed out that your posts are simply assumptions, nothing more.

Last edited:
We were speaking about Safari unless there's a diff web browser for Macs.

You brought out the issues about MACs being fast just because of their ability to use 64bits. Just post at MAC vs PC then we can debate here.

Safari is very new. Maybe Safari could be improved a lot. Of right now, compare Safari to IE when IE was very new. IE went under a lot of improvements and further changes. Same for Netscape, Opera, and so many other browsers. Many of those other browsers has gone under. What if Safari did?

I am not sure what happened to your computer. You claimed that Safari keep on crashing on your computer. I am not sure if that is a valid statement.

My Safari hasn't crashed on my Mac at all. It is very fastest browser -- comparing with MSIE 5.22 browser. MSIE 5.22 browser is painfully slow as snail and that is in fact.

MS Corp acknowledged it as a fact. And they even said that Apple Computer's Safari browser is faster than theirs. And that is in fact!

SilenceGold said:
We were speaking about Safari unless there's a diff web browser for Macs.

You brought out the issues about MACs being fast just because of their ability to use 64bits. Just post at MAC vs PC then we can debate here.

Safari is very new. Maybe Safari could be improved a lot. Of right now, compare Safari to IE when IE was very new. IE went under a lot of improvements and further changes. Same for Netscape, Opera, and so many other browsers. Many of those other browsers has gone under. What if Safari did?

For MSIE 5.22 (for Mac version), MS last updated is like... two years ago. So Mac version is way out of date and slowest brower I ever known.

As for Window XP-based platform, they have most recent MSIE browser like v. 6 or so. But not for Mac, that is.

MSIE don't handle well by load lot of pictures on each pages.

I thank god for Safari, it running beautiful and I don't have problem with it. I hardly seen "crash" on my laptop. I guess that you must have setup in wrong way.

And You can't agrue over 64-bits until anyone have actually test on new G5. They haven't release yet. No techincal has test it yet...I am look forward to hear from PC Magazine.

Back