No deaf astronauts?

I'm sure there is new improve spacesuit.

none. once the suit is pressurized, it's very hard. and it's thick too. gotta be protected from space debris and deadly UV ray.

none. once the suit is pressurized, it's very hard. and it's thick too. gotta be protected from space debris and deadly UV ray.

That is correct.

Personally, I think spacesuits will only be used on land in the future. In space, I predict they will use 1 or 2 man pods with robotic arms. Safer and no need for pre breathing.

It's possible that land spacesuits can be more mobile and flexible.

That is correct.

Personally, I think spacesuits will only be used on land in the future. In space, I predict they will use 1 or 2 man pods with robotic arms. Safer and no need for pre breathing.

It's possible that land spacesuits can be more mobile and flexible.

just a matter of time till material/chemical engineering is able to produce a skin-tight fabric that's as strong as our current 1-2" thick spacesuit. That's where nanotechnology comes in but I imagine it's gonna be introduced to astronauts in another 20+ years.

But it will definitely be used by military first for sure way before astronauts wear it.

just a matter of time till material/chemical engineering is able to produce a skin-tight fabric that's as strong as our current 1-2" thick spacesuit. That's where nanotechnology comes in but I imagine it's gonna be introduced to astronauts in another 20+ years.

But it will definitely be used by military first for sure way before astronauts wear it.

There's the Institute for Solider Nanotechnologies here at MIT who might be involved with that, and also, the MIT Museum features the possible skin-tight-ish space suit designed by a MIT professor here. If you come up to Boston, I can take you to the MIT Museum :) It's really cool to look at it.

Video - Sampling Mit At The Mit Museum The Future Of Human Spaceflight

There's the Institute for Solider Nanotechnologies here at MIT who might be involved with that, and also, the MIT Museum features the possible skin-tight-ish space suit designed by a MIT professor here. If you come up to Boston, I can take you to the MIT Museum :) It's really cool to look at it.

Video - Sampling Mit At The Mit Museum The Future Of Human Spaceflight

not quite the same but almost. what MIT and other universities are working on in collaboration with DARPA, Army, and Air Force is 2 things

1. skin-tight suit for soldiers (too lengthy to explain)
2. a better and simpler pressurized suit for pilot to handle more g-force

just a matter of time till material/chemical engineering is able to produce a skin-tight fabric that's as strong as our current 1-2" thick spacesuit. That's where nanotechnology comes in but I imagine it's gonna be introduced to astronauts in another 20+ years....
If we still have a space program then.

shelia's one of her siggies are out of date! why did she still have david hasselhoff in there. :lol: to be honest, I am not a fan of david because of baywatch or knight rider or any other shows. *shrugs*

Shelia,
can i have your autography in case. :D

Will do if you PM me in the future and I'll mail it to you,K? LOL

shelia's one of her siggies are out of date! why did she still have david hasselhoff in there. :lol: to be honest, I am not a fan of david because of baywatch or knight rider or any other shows. *shrugs*

Haha, I did that picture because it's just funny and reminds me of the Mandelbrot fractal series as you keep zooming into the image for infinity ;) I'll change my siggy sometimes next month :P

I support space program, private and public. Let's just cut down those politicians' salaries and pork-barrel projects to fund space programs :P :P :P :giggle:
I too, support the space program. I've been interested in it since I was a child in the 1950's. My dad was an electrical engineer working for NASA during the early program years. It was an exciting time. :)

I support space program, private and public. Let's just cut down those politicians' salaries and pork-barrel projects to fund space programs :P :P :P :giggle:

2cp9w6b.jpg

I too, support the space program. I've been interested in it since I was a child in the 1950's. My dad was an electrical engineer working for NASA during the early program years. It was an exciting time. :)

Wow, that is really cool. Which center? Apollo era or even before that?

SpaceX.

They employ the Deaf. One guy I know is directly responsible for the disassembling of stages in midflight. Has a crew under him. Pure Deaf.

Disassembling? Do you mean stage separation? If so, that is very cool. We need more deaf engineers.

Will do if you PM me in the future and I'll mail it to you,K? LOL
LOl looking forward to that.

Haha, I did that picture because it's just funny and reminds me of the Mandelbrot fractal series as you keep zooming into the image for infinity ;) I'll change my siggy sometimes next month :P

I know it is funny and annoying for me. lol

SpaceX.

They employ the Deaf. One guy I know is directly responsible for the disassembling of stages in midflight. Has a crew under him. Pure Deaf.

That is more like it. Thank you PFH. CI is not the only one but deaf and hard of hearing person can do the job, too. :thumb:

Wow, that is really cool. Which center? Apollo era or even before that?
He was a subcontractor with Lockheed, starting at Edwards Air Force Base in 1958. He did some work with the X-15, and pre-Apollo and pre-Gemini development. I was too young at the time to understand all that he did but I do remember him showing us artists' conceptions of the interiors of the Apollo--it seemed so futuristic at the time. :lol:

He wasn't at the control centers because he was involved more with development and testing of equipment used in the program.

I wish he was still alive so I could ask him questions (he died in 1986). :(

I'm afraid after my parents separated and subsequently divorced, I wasn't able to keep in close touch with him.

When we lived in Lancaster, CA, while he worked at Edwards AFB, everything seemed new and modern, like we were moving into a new era--the Space Age. It was kind of cool. :)

Back