NFL Playoffs / Superbowl XLll 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gentlemen, here are your Super Bowl XLII (42) champions, the New York Giants having defeated the New England Patriots by a score of 17 - 14!! This would be NYG's 4th Super Bowl title!! oh wow...... the Giants have done what no other NFL team has ever done this season, win a game vs the previously unbeaten Patriots and ruining the chance for the Patriots to truly go 19-0 and be along with the 1972 Miami Dolphins as the only NFL clubs to go thru both the regular season and playoffs undefeated!!! Holy smokes!!!!!

What a defense-stiffened game this has gone on.... New England had led NY Giants 7-3 thru 3 quarters!!! wow low scoring game as I though it would be a massive shootout... but whoa wow good defenses so far by both teams... Brady was sacked good enough and fumbled the ball.. ouch that had to hurt for sure... the Giants finally took the lead 10-7 in the 4th quarter...some misfires by both qbs for New England and NY Giants.. wow.... so far the defenses seems to be most continuing on stiffing the other offenses really good...... New England had tried a few times to go ahead but had to punt as a result of that imcompletions in the few drives.... then New England had gone ahead 14-10... the Giants had managed to toss the next TD that would give them the lead at 17-14 and hang on for the big win.....New England had tried to get either a tying field goal to force overtime (never been done in Super Bowl game history!!) or win with the game-ending touchdown......

I just wanted to correct you, it is the Giant's 3rd superbowl title, not 4th

Hmm, okay, congratulations, Giants. Dallas Cowboys will be the next Super Bowl!!!!!

Road Runner and other NY Giant Fans Congrats!! Your the Superbowl XLII Champions!

It was a great game both teams had a good defense and challenging as well. I did have my heart set on NE Patriots. I must confess they came this far 18-0 and I am sure they will rebound next season.
Congrats! NY Giants enjoy your team :)

I better hide in little rock before few Pats fans attack me :giggle:

Hats off to Giants! :bowdown:

Patriots will be back into playoff next year with might be improve young defense.

Hats off to Giants! :bowdown:

Patriots will be back into playoff next year with might be improve young defense.

I agree with you, they will be back :)

I agree with you, they will be back :)

Yep,, you have to wait next year to see them play again, but gotta admit that the game as pretty good. Poor Tom Brady, I am sure he pissed when he lost the game. tsk.

PS, snickering I won! just kidding. ha :giggle:

I just wanted to correct you, it is the Giant's 3rd superbowl title, not 4th

Oh thanks for the info.. I checked my database for the NFL teams... and I see that indeed the Giants had 2 Super Bowl titles before they won last night.. my bad as I do fast typing as usual...lol...

So officially it is the New York Giants' 3rd Super Bowl title......not 4th as was mentioned that I made a mistake in...

Nah, that is about their focus on next year or beyond since it didn't say 2007. :cool:

But yes, I will change my signature anyway.

Let yourself stay in positive ways about the Patriots, but to let you know that it will be wasting your time, since Pats won't do any good next year. :afro:

Let yourself stay in positive ways about the Patriots, but to let you know that it will be wasting your time, since Pats won't do any good next year. :afro:

Thank you for letting me know and you are so sweet. :kiss:;)

Nah, there got alot important ways into my living than Patriots or sport alone : paid tax , eating cabbage soup , playing outside with my kids and more...:)

Hats off to NY Gaints fans and congralutions. It was a good game and I knew it was gonna be a tough game because we got our 16-0 best season that we shall never forget and counting two more in the playoffs. What matters that we got our 18-0 and our two men had beat the record and made history in 16-0.

Hugs to Ocean and MaxUFC. To all Patriots fans, we will always have other great season like we had our 18-0. I agree with Max that they will go for champs again next year. And that signature will never die...we will always save it since it never said 2007 as of yet...*wink*

Go Patriots we are still NUMBER ONE!!!!

Hats off to NY Gaints fans and congralutions. It was a good game and I knew it was gonna be a tough game because we got our 16-0 best season that we shall never forget and counting two more in the playoffs. What matters that we got our 18-0 and our two men had beat the record and made history in 16-0.

Hugs to Ocean and MaxUFC. To all Patriots fans, we will always have other great season like we had our 18-0. I agree with Max that they will go for champs again next year. And that signature will never die...we will always save it since it never said 2007 as of yet...*wink*

Go Patriots we are still NUMBER ONE!!!!

I am giving big :grouphug: to our Patriots fans here. On boy Patriots still popular here all the year! Not much about Giants all the year until last week...Giants deserves to be best team of 2007 NFL.

This thread got owned by Patriots lovers and haters here! :giggle:

Yes, Patriots are number one in either way : love them or hate them, restless-heart. :cool: They will be back as good playoff team and we might not see another 16-0 or 19-0 by any team for few decade?

I am giving big :grouphug: to our Patriots fans here. On boy Patriots still popular here all the year! Not much about Giants all the year until last week...Giants deserves to be best team of 2007 NFL.

Yes, Patriots are number one in either way : love them or hate them, restless-heart. :cool: They will be back as good playoff team and we might not see another 16-0 or 19-0 by any team for few decade?

:ty: for the group hugs.

Of course they are either lovers or haters here :giggle: I ain't scare hahaha...

We are still number one in either way! Yes, they will always come back and for that seeing another 16-0 or 19-0, it remain as a mystery and time will always tell...just never know buddy and it would be another miracle to see another 16-0 :giggle: We never knew we would get ours, did we...Remember the Boston Red Sox's World Series, mmmm, so I am sure there is always something good to our Pats, like I said, it remain as a mystery *wink* (We got our Randy Moss, so we will see who is next :giggle:)

ahhhh that's soo sweet :grouphug: We are 18-0 through out the season, what an accomplishment that is for our team. We upset the rest of the NFL who we played against.

It doesn't matter if we didn't win the Superbowl, we are still 18-0 and will come back next year with a great strong team and prepare what's ahead of them.

:ty: for the group hugs.

Of course they are either lovers or haters here :giggle: I ain't scare hahaha...

We are still number one in either way! Yes, they will always come back and for that seeing another 16-0 or 19-0, it remain as a mystery and time will always tell...just never know buddy and it would be another miracle to see another 16-0 :giggle: We never knew we would get ours, did we...Remember the Boston Red Sox's World Series, mmmm, so I am sure there is always something good to our Pats, like I said, it remain as a mystery *wink* (We got our Randy Moss, so we will see who is next :giggle:)

Yes, Restless_heart we had to deal with Patriot haters at the sports bar who were just making it known with the their comments. I was glad to be a part of the party had a blast wearing full NE Patriot gear included my jersey, my cap, a temporary tattoo (flying Elvis) and red, white and blue lai. Most of the fans at the sports bar are from Boston what privilage to root with them. Great time !

*I survived the NE Patriots game didn't have to go to no hospital!

Don't forget, the Dallas Cowboys will come out to get on the way to Super Bowl for the 2008 Season!

The young Cowboys' defense team has learned their mistakes.....

And, Dave Campo, a defensive coordinator, is BAAAACK!!!! :bowdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back