Newspaper Publishes Gun Owners' Names and Addresses

a public record is not a violation of privacy but in this case.... it should be.
I was talking about the number and types of guns which are not public records so if they also print those info, they could get in trouble.

I was talking about the number and types of guns which are not public records so if they also print those info, they could get in trouble.

doesn't make much difference anyway.

doesn't make much difference anyway.
As you said,
a public record is not a violation of privacy
The names/addresses are public records so the company doesn't violate it unless they print the number/types which are not public records as the officials said. That makes a difference.

Is that possible that some permit holders don't have gun(s) just like some people who have a driver's license don't have a car?

As you said,

The names/addresses are public records so the company doesn't violate it unless they print the number/types which are not public records as the officials said. That makes a difference.

there's absolutely no reason to release a list of names and addresses like that. absolutely no reason. how would you like it if right-wing newspaper company do that to you?

there's absolutely no reason to release a list of names and addresses like that. absolutely no reason. how would you like it if right-wing newspaper company do that to you?
Then I could try suing them for printing it without my permission.

Then I could try suing them for printing it without my permission.

they have a legal basis to publish your name and address but on what legal ground do you have to sue them since your information is on public record? none.

Sort of like putting a "Beware of Dog" sign up.

Maybe or maybe not. It may keep them away when you are home but it does indeed make it easier for criminals to case your place and wait until your gone then rip off your guns. I hate the Freedom Of Information Act! This is not the purpose of this act. It is being abused and raped!

So when are they going to publish a map with all the names and addresses of those who illegally possess guns? I'd be more concerned about which of my neighbors own illegal weapons.

What? Pay money for a story?? Come on, lets get real....

So when are they going to publish a map with all the names and addresses of those who illegally possess guns? I'd be more concerned about which of my neighbors own illegal weapons.

..but illiegal weapons would not even be recorded duh!!

another reason its stupid to publish , it advertise to those would-be gun thieves, making it easier for them to get ready for the black market...

Dumb on all counts!

STUPIDIEST I ever heard, SMH!!! No no! they are getting wrong idea. Now it opens up opportunities for outlaws to steal gun from! They are actually making it even easier for criminals, OMG!

AGREED 100% no, make it 200%

Know how they have listings for sexual offenders? Well, they should do one for gun offenders too... people who were arrested and found guilty for illegal possession of firearms, shooting someone with a gun, etc.

I liked that idea! Good citizens don't deserved to be punished or restricted while bad citizens, they gotta to chalk up themselves.

Know how they have listings for sexual offenders? Well, they should do one for gun offenders too... people who were arrested and found guilty for illegal possession of firearms, shooting someone with a gun, etc.

then we should do same for any criminals.

but this is not conducive to any society. and whatever happened to second chance? this is not the kind of society I would want to live in.

Back