New York City could become the nation's 51st state

You're right! I just checked my World Encyclopaedia!

1) Tokyo, Japan
2) New York City, USA
3) Sao Paulo
4) México City
5) Shanghai

Incidentially, Major languages
1) China
2) Mandarian
3) English
4) Hindi
5) Spanish

Maybe we should start teaching Chinese and Hindi instead of other languages in schools :dunno:

Originally posted by kuifje75
Most populous countries:

1) China
2) India
3) USA
4) Indonesia
5) Brazil

That's why China of goverment make limit on family that can only have one child.

India are complete out of control! :eek2:

yeah china limit 1 child per family, but how sad, is that if family wants a boy, if born girl they kill the baby girl and try again for a boy. that's a :nono:

uhhh if NYC became a state separate from the state of NY -- would it still be called NYC or would be become named "NYC-state" qq

as for the Chinese's history of killing the female child is true sad but true *smh*

if it not many girls in the chinese's the male will have hard time find a woman umm

Huh...Puerto Rico is the 51st State but they have their own government (that's what I heard-maybe I might be wrong) and I just heard that as soon as Castro dies- Cuba will be the 52nd state. Who knows?

sweetgal154 said:
Huh...Puerto Rico is the 51st State but they have their own government (that's what I heard-maybe I might be wrong) and I just heard that as soon as Castro dies- Cuba will be the 52nd state. Who knows?

PR is an American commonwealth, still have ties with USA but it's not a state.

There is no way that Cuba could be a part of USA because there are still ruling with Castroism after he die soon. His brother would be the leader of Cuba if Fidel Castro dies.

illustrator said:
That's why China of goverment make limit on family that can only have one child.

India are complete out of control! :eek2:

Interesting...I did hear about China imposing a law for families to have only ONE child...but what if they had TWINS? Will they do something about that or just leave it be? I cringe to hear the answer to that. :ugh:

Fly Free said:
uhhh if NYC became a state separate from the state of NY -- would it still be called NYC or would be become named "NYC-state" qq

as for the Chinese's history of killing the female child is true sad but true *smh*

You've got to be joking about that!?!? Killing a female child in China?? Why? That's totally inhumane! :shock:

:eek2: Some of you didn't know Hawaii was already a state? Lawdy, lemme :beer: ............. :rofl:

Oh, correction time - sorry guys! :
Malama Hawai'i! Hawai'i IS the 50th state , not the 49th state or the 51st state... effective August 21, 1959. Some Hawaiians didn't want to be a part of USA, and some did. Guess who won out!

http://www.hawaii.gov/dbedt/facts/statefact.html
http://www.state.hi.us/didyouknow.htm

More to learn about Hawai'i - http://www.hawaii.gov/dbedt/facts/, if interested!

.....I suppose some of you think everyone does the hula in Hawai'i, too! The sign for Hawai'i is not even the sign for hula like many deafies use, even they use that sign in Norway. The local deafies know better! hehehehe (H handshape circling the face) - hey I asked a few Hawaiian deafies myself, and they just laughed at the people using the hula sign to mean Hawai'i.
:rofl: :beer:

Anyway, not to get off the topic here - whoa, there's some interests in NYC being a state by itself. Similar to the Canadian situation, I think. Washington DC is like being in the twilight zone, not being a state yet just the capitol city of the whole country... and not being in any state.

So, let me get this straight - someone wants NYC to be a state by itself because it is generating lotsa money, which is not being used for the city itself?

:type:

LIZA thank U SO MUCH and i LIVE here and i actually had to double check with mom and dad to make sure, cuz right now OHA and DHAA ( the unions and the hawa'ii farmlands are fighting to recind thier rights to be the 50th state, but thats not going to happen too many mainlanders now live here so hence the concept of becoming an island instead of a state isn't going to happen BUT they have respect for the native hawaiians. and THANK U for doing us a favor for giving us an history lesson! :-D my home pahoa hawaii faces u know where? MEXICO and Kona faces Where? asia and wameio valley faces japan So we re going around the world facing each areas LMAO! thought u d like a little info and wameio also faces maui we re just a mere 300 miles from them but if we use a boat we re just 2 hrs while by plane its just a mere 30 minutes flight!

As for NY becoming a 51st state my family and i had opioions on this, I think in itself it would be an intresting idea, BUT it shouldn't be all about money!

Back