New Windows Vista operating system

Nesmuth

Reaction score
They announced it recently that the longhorn os was being named as Windows Vista.

http://money.cnn.com/2005/07/22/technology/microsoft_vista/index.htm?cnn=yes

microsoft_windows_vista.03.jpg

Richard

Cx1 said:
bill gates can suck my cock, i think windows longhorn is a prettier name. :[

Bill gate has no right to use that name "longhorn" because Someone has this for music or something. That's why he changed it to Vista

DefMATRIXense said:
Bill gate has no right to use that name "longhorn" because Someone has this for music or something. That's why he changed it to Vista
"Longhorn" is the code name for the next windows project. Longhorn wasn't going to be the name of the next windows version. Windows 95 (before it was called Windows 95) the code name for that was "Chicago". Here is the list:

Code:
Product                         Codename
-------------------------------------------------
Windows 3.1                     Janus
Windows for Workgroups 3.1      Kato
Windows for Workgroups 3.11     Snowball
Windows 95                      Chicago
Windows 95B (OSR2)              Detroit
Windows 98                      Memphis
Windows ME                      Millennium
Windows NT 3.5                  Daytona
Windows NT 4.0                  Cairo
Windows 2000                    Odyssey
Windows XP (ver 5.1.2600)       Whistler
Windows Server 2003             Whistler Server
Upcoming Windows.               Longhorn
Windows product never released. Neptune

pintnight said:
"Longhorn" is the code name for the next windows project. Longhorn wasn't going to be the name of the next windows version. Windows 95 (before it was called Windows 95) the code name for that was "Chicago". Here is the list:

Code:
Product                         Codename
-------------------------------------------------
Windows 3.1                     Janus
Windows for Workgroups 3.1      Kato
Windows for Workgroups 3.11     Snowball
Windows 95                      Chicago
Windows 95B (OSR2)              Detroit
Windows 98                      Memphis
Windows ME                      Millennium
Windows NT 3.5                  Daytona
Windows NT 4.0                  Cairo
Windows 2000                    Odyssey
Windows XP (ver 5.1.2600)       Whistler
Windows Server 2003             Whistler Server
Upcoming Windows.               Longhorn
Windows product never released. Neptune

that makes sense... :gossip:

Hopefully, this will have less glitches and bugs since they took a long time to work on this. Secondly, I agree... "Longhorn" sounds better than "Vista". Heh!

Possiblity better one, that is if 64 bits platform is used with Vista. It would work with 32 bits platform and I doubt it would be any better than WinXP if continue using 32 bits platform. Using 64 bits platform, it might be much harder for virus and spyware to be created. Only time will tell for sure.

*sigh* forcing people to buy his program again... since new games, new software, new hardwares will require windows vista or above.. :pissed:

Yea, I agreed. But people STILL buying anyway.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
*sigh* forcing people to buy his program again... since new games, new software, new hardwares will require windows vista or above.. :pissed:

Well, there's a 5 year gap between Windows XP and Windows Vista. That's basically the longest gap ever between two major Windows releases.

I thought XP was released in 2002, that year 2000 is when Windows 2000 was released.

Banjo said:
Well, there's a 5 year gap between Windows XP and Windows Vista. That's basically the longest gap ever between two major Windows releases.

diehardbiker65 said:
I thought XP was released in 2002, that year 2000 is when Windows 2000 was released.

Windows XP was released in 2001, and Windows Vista will be released in 2006, not 2005. That's just for the beta users, not the customers. So, it'll be around or almost 5 years.

lol cx1, who kno someone may put illegal stuff on any os that might be on mirc or p2p file sharing so I rather clean version of os cd.

Windows Vista is a hype. :D It's all about money. They want to steal other companies innovations like those Mac OS X like icons, features and others.

I wish Microsoft have THEIR own innovation!

One possiblity of long gap is that M$ may have already developed 64 bits in software, but WAITING for lousy Intel to develop new CPU with 64 bits platform. AMD already released 64 bit platform CPU about a year or two ago. Intel is WASTING our time! That is why I quit buy Intel based PC. Now, I am using AMD, and its FAR better than Intel already. I am now using Windows XP Pro x64. I can see the difference! Much smoothly and little bit faster operation. Even there is Internet Explorer for 64 bits exists as well.

Banjo said:

Ahem! no question!

sequoias said:
Windows Vista is a hype. :D It's all about money. They want to steal other companies innovations like those Mac OS X like icons, features and others.

I wish Microsoft have THEIR own innovation!

Sure you could get free though these warez, BUT be AWARE those are have swiss cheese holes in their security, meaning hacker would give you free OS, and will crack in your private PC very easily! Then steal your identy, and bankrupt you or screw your PC until you can't use PC anymore. Hope no one would crack in your pc and drop a virus that will destroy your hard drive and BIOs leaving PC and hard drive useless (Data forever gone).

Have I seen it happen? Hell yes!

Cx1 said:
who fucking buys OS's? you could get them for free on mirc or something like that or p2p file sharing.

Vi$ta is full of toll gates. Like what billy gates always want. I use linux.

Richard

Back