New to the site

icecl_out1

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am new to the site (as if you couldn't tell by the title of this post) and just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. No, I am not deaf but I am very interested in the deaf culture. I have a deaf friend, a girlfriend who wants to adopt a deaf child when she is older, and also my girlfriend is hard of hearing and may lose her hearing in the future. I started learning sign language because of my girlfriends hearing problem and the fact that she wanted to adopt a deaf child. I figured if I planned on being with her in the future (which i do) it would be nice to be able to communicate with my girlfriend and my child. As I learned sign language and learned about the deaf culture I became very interested in it. Now I have a deaf friend from school who I can talk too and she is really awesome. Her and my girlfriend are real good friends and it sucked always not being able to join in their conversations when I was around. So yeah that's my story and I hope I didn't waste to much of your time...lol.

Last edited:
icecl_out1

Welcome you stay on AllDeaf.com

I applaud you doing great and willing do anything takes learn ASL for your friend and girlfriend too.

:applaud:

welcome

Welcome to AD, enjoy this site, Im really glad ur trying to learn sign lang, for either those 2 girls. :wave:

Dude, we’re Deaf—not blind. :lol: (Just baggin’ on ya—no offense. :mrgreen: Welcome to the board).

Levonian said:
Dude, we’re Deaf—not blind. :lol: (Just baggin’ on ya—no offense. :mrgreen: Welcome to the board).

i don't blame ya for makin fun of my text size. its just when i previewed the message i put it on six and it still looked small...when i got back on and saw how it actually came out i changed it a.s.a.p.

Welcome here - you will find this a very interesting forum. Enjoy the journey!

lucidjen said:
Welcome to AD, enjoy this site, Im really glad ur trying to learn sign lang, for either those 2 girls. :wave:

lucidjen, did you notice he lives in the same city as you

Levonian said:

:lol: thats funny!!

Welcome to AD, hope you would find it so enjoyable!! :wiggle:

:wave: Icel_out1...

Welcome aboard to AllDeaf and enjoy your stay! :mrgreen:
Have fun postin'. :)

Hi icecl_out1 ,

Welcome to AllDeaf!....

Back