New to the site

Bugsmama

Reaction score
Hello, I am Gigi. I am a 28 year old mom, and I am learning American Sign Language. I feel that it is important for everyone to know some type of sign language even though it is different in every country. I am very interested in the deaf culture and community. I am also trying to teach my three year old daughter to be accepting of everyone (I do understand that it is something most parents do not teach their children anymore), and one of the best ways you can teach a child is by making things fun for them. So we currently go on YouTube and sign along with some of her favorite songs, I have done this since she was an infant. I have only recently started getting into taking ASL classes. I would really love to be able to video chat with some of you and get to use the ASL that I have learned so far and get to learn new signs. I have visited a deaf school, and my ASL classes are taken on our deaf elementary schools campus. I have a huge respect for the deaf community, and I am so thankful for the little bit if ASL that I do know because it allowed me recently to help a deaf elderly woman at the Gas station recently the attendant was having a lot of trouble getting an amount to prepay for the gas. I appreciate the tolerance of a hearing person on the board. And thank you.

Gigi

Back