New to AllDeaf

Nette

Reaction score
Obviously I am new to the site. And I am hearing. My best friend of thirteen years and now boyfriend is deaf. All of our communication until we started dating was via email and chat. I come from a deaf/HOH background. My mother and two sisters are HOH and my step-mother is mainstream and deaf, now with implants. We've never used ASL, we had our own homespeak, so this is a challenge. I am learning ASL and CS but this is not something that you can do rapidly on your own. My boyfriend, whom I love dearly, is currently finishing his BA at CWU and at this time we live apart but visit frequently. We face many communication challenges but take them in stride and use alternate forms of communication until I can become more proficient. You can see us texting in the same room often. :) I didn't seek a forum to get relationship advice. What I'm here for is to better understand his day to day struggles and possibly create some advocacy centered behind his issues with the University.

Welcome to AD, and I am an university student myself in Australia :)

Welcome to AD, and I am an university student myself in Australia :)

Hi JClarke... I've seen you in a few threads but I haven't looked at everything. I did notice that you said you're coming to the states. When will that be and what part of the country are you headed to? Been here before?

Thank you Partgirl and DeafLissa. I appreciate the welcomes!!:wave:

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I do hope you have lots of fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back