New Pope evidence(s)

Vance

Reaction score
Before I say anything, I am not anti-Catholic so shut up about that. Right now, PC (Political Community) members are investigating on Joseph Ratzinger's background however two members found this interesting article:

Maciel is alleged to have molested some of the young men under his control, some 50 years ago, at the well-manicured seminary and headquarters of the Legion of Christ, a few miles from the Vatican. It is hidden behind high walls and a steel gate that warns of a watch dog inside.

"He pushed my hand onto his penis. And I didn't know anything about masturbation," Juan Vaca, who was first abused when he was 11 years old, told ABCNEWS. "And he says, 'You don't know how to do it. Let me show you.' And he gets my penis himself and starts to masturbate me. I was in shock."

Vaca also told ABCNEWS how he was instructed to bring other boys from their bedrooms to Maciel's room. Vaca said Maciel had different boys visit his rooms on different nights. "In some instances, two were together with him — myself and another one," he said.

Vaca said Maciel rewarded him with special privileges, such as a private meeting with Pope Pius XII, who served as pope from 1939 to 1958. Maciel always assured Vaca he was doing nothing wrong. When Vaca admitted concerns of committing a sin, Vaca said Maciel absolved him from his sin "in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."
Why did I post that? Allow me post this:

Once again they laid out their evidence, but it was another futile effort — an effort the men say was blocked by one of the most powerful cardinals in the Vatican.

The accusers say Vatican-based Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, who heads the Vatican office to safeguard the faith and the morals of the church, quietly made the lawsuit go away and shelved it. There was no investigation and the accusers weren't asked a single question or asked for a statement.

He was appointed by the pope to investigate the entire sex abuse scandal in the church in recent days. But when approached by ABCNEWS in Rome last week with questions of allegations against Maciel, Ratzinger became visibly upset and actually slapped this reporter's hand.

"Come to me when the moment is given," Ratzinger told ABCNEWS, "not yet."

"Cardinal Ratzinger is sheltering Maciel, protecting him," said Berry, who expressed concerns that no response was being given to the allegations against the man charged with sex abuse. "These men knelt and kissed the ring of Cardinal Ratzinger when they filed the case in Rome. And a year-and-a-half later, he takes those accusations and aborts them, just stuffs them."
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20020607...20/DailyNews/2020_Vatican_coverup_020426.html

Ahhh, a conservative swept the molestation incident under the rug then slapped the reporter. Something to think about, no? The credit went to UpsideDownside and Jax for this article. There may will be more evidences on way.

not surprising about the cover ups bec of roman catholic's utltraconversatives. they think churches r giving women too much power and they want more alter BOYS.

i am surprised that no one is responding about the new recent elected pope. to stir things up, below is the interesting info about benedict 16 when he was younger, a member of NAZI youth.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-1572667,00.html

Yes I've been reading and watching news. He's not even loved or respected in Germany. He's either loathed or loved. Liberal Catholics are devastated while Orthodox Catholics are overjoyed over his being Pope.

This is very sad...here the Church had a chance to heal the rift and damaged trust, etc but they opted for this.

He even urges that divorced then remarried Catholics not get Communion. I know my marriage was annulled thus I'm able to receive Communion but I will not while knowing how they judge divorced people harshly. He doesn't even believe women should take up more roles within the structure of Catholic Church.

I am disappointed with his ultra staunch beliefs.

If it´s really true... then why they elected him as pope??? :confused:

Sorry, I doesnt beleive medias...

I´m netural person and do not bitch/judge anyone for their background/past, no matter where they come from or because I´m roman catholic...

I will say something when they have PROOF....

Liebling:))) does have a point there. I am not saying I believe that he didn't do it, But we don't know for sure if it's a media rumor. I don't know what to believe. :dizzy:

The point is, If he really did it, Why wasn't he arrested? There was no investigation, from the police. :confused:

I know for matter of fact boys been raped or touched by Catholic for years in the past. I believe it did exit, But they were arrested or thrown out of the church right? What about Joseph Ratzinger? He wasn't arrested nor thrown out from the church.

it is probably bec of aggressive media in the U.S. american priests are more careful bec some of them got impeached, booted and jailed. cant say for european priests.

Meg, sorry to hear about that :/

Cheri said:
The point is, If he really did it, Why wasn't he arrested? There was no investigation, from the police. :confused:

I know for matter of fact boys been raped or touched by Catholic for years in the past. I believe it did exit, But they were arrested or thrown out of the church right? What about Joseph Ratzinger? He wasn't arrested nor thrown out from the church.
According to this article and other information, Ratzinger is powerful Cardinal with lots of political 'ties'. I guess that's why he is untouchable?

I know that Ratzinger didn't molest these kids but what did he do is wrong. I like this statement:

A few of you might want to close your eyes and glibly claim, "Oh, but they're not True Christians" and thereby sluff the epidemic problem off of your shoulders and try to pretend it's someone else's problem. If you want to play that game then you're responsible for allowing it to continue unchecked. If you want to pretend Christians some how stop being Christians when they rape their first child, then YOU are responsible for allowing it to continue. The fact is that ending child abuse is the responsibility of all of us.
Source: http://www.skeptictank.org/clrabuse.htm

S/he have a good point. If Ratzinger didn't do anything about it then he is responsible for allowing it to continue. Again, I am not anti-Catholic but I just don't like what I saw or what I know. I am all for Catholics with morals like Liebling and Meg.

net0man said:
not surprising about the cover ups bec of roman catholic's utltraconversatives. they think churches r giving women too much power and they want more alter BOYS.

i am surprised that no one is responding about the new recent elected pope. to stir things up, below is the interesting info about benedict 16 when he was younger, a member of NAZI youth.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/articl...1572667,00.html
Yeah, PC & DK mentioned few times about Ratzinger and his nazism history. I must admit that I don't know any much about it but it does sound disturbing. But actually, not all of nazis are bad. Good example: Schindler's List (I assume that movie is based on true story.. correct me if I made a mistake). I made a judgment based on their actions, not their political beliefs. Me too, I am surprised that no one is concerning about that as well. Thanks for link!

Liebling, yeah I read that article last night, I believe. Thanks for link too!

Just some thaughts here...

in the article, it did not say that the new pope had committed the act of sexual abuse...it says he covered it up...well to me, that is just as bad. I was sexually abused/molested as a kid, I know the lasting effects it has when the person has gone unpunished for it. I am lucky one though, i got therapy to deal with it early on, and learned the power of forgiveness. Yes I do believe in forgiveness, but I also believe as an adult we should also defend our children and not just "let" things happen to them and go unpunished. It is the one who was treated wrong who needs to find the forgiveness...and the ones around them who are suppose to protect them should make sure that they have the possibilities to do so. And knowing they are cared for enough to be defended helps a lot in the healing proccess. For someone to just "brush it away" is a slap in the face of all abused kids!! I have lots of issues from when I was abused...but the hardest thing I have dealt with was the fact that my mom did not defend me, she let it happen after I told her, all she said was "god will punish him if it is true" ya know, yes I know he would but a mom should also protect her chiild as God does...and she did not, I have more issues from that than I do from what my dad did to me!! So see, the ppl who should defend these kids will actually harm them more than the person who did the sick things to them.
I am not Catholic, nor will I ever be...I am babtist...my dad was raised as a catholic...he was an altar boy etc....he swore his kids would NEVER be raised catholic...my dad had a sickness....can you guess why he had that sickness??? It is the only thing in his past that would explain his behavior...and why he was so strongly against the catholic church! They say, and this is fact, all sexual abusers...at one point in time in their life was sexually abused or molested in their past!! My best friend is catholic, I do not hold any "hatred" to anyone catholic so plz do not think that...but these are my beliefs. It is sad when our children cannot feel safe in their own life and dont have anyone they can turn to to feel safe, cuz everyone turns a blind eye to them!!! Anyway...I am backing out of here. have a great day!

Deaf258 said:
Every religious organizations have their cover-ups.

Perhap you could be right but but but what´s the example about Clinton and Monica?

The scandal are only spread out when they have proof.....

I remember few years ago, the scandal about the bishop but I can´t remember his name... Court, newspapers, etc.... Bishop was banned by the church because there´re PROOF...

If the claim about new pope is true, then do something to ban him then? Why elect him then?

The law is very shape over sexual abuse.... They are on your side if you were molested, sexual abuse, etc.... Example about MJ´s scandal... ?????

That´s why I do not listen rumor medias until I got a proof.

I find those rumor about new pope is strange because he spent his 20 years duty in Vatican/Italy. Over 20 years???? They must have known his background before trust him in... and elect him...

Liebling:-))) said:
I find those rumor about new pope is strange because he spent his 20 years duty in Vatican/Italy. Over 20 years???? They must have known his background before trust him in... and elect him...

sure, the new elected pope showed his devotion with his 20 years of duty but that does not make him above sinners.

Basically I know the new pope has a progressive background and that could elavate some scandals that have been buried in the past.

Richard

That they would select this clown is breathtakingly CYNICAL and makes me wonder what kind of dirt he has on the others.

I brought those situation up to my friends yesterday.

They are very surprised because they NEVER heard about this and think I´m :crazy:. They said how/where the American media say this because Europe are supposed to first to know about this before spread out to the world, not America. I said to them: That´s what I thought so.

German or other countries in Europe medias WOULD of investigate his background for us and stop them to elect him and also scandals etc. I searched the scandal about him in German websites. None of scandal in his past.

Joseph Ratzinger is well known and loved in Germany. Alot of people are happy for him.

I check at German forums. None say bad things about him and his past. I add my post there asking them either the rumor about him is true or not. I´m trilling to hear their answers.

All what we heard bad thing about him thru British medias because he was member at Youth Hilter, that´s all.

All what we know it´s Bernard Law, not Joseph Ratzinger.

Back