New PCs for Sale from Walmart $498 ?!?!?!?

I did a very fast check on the Net and I saw that the eMachines sell for 340.00 to 579.00,(not including a monitor) depending on the model and YES, memory's expandable to 2G on the 349.00 model. For Y's folks 512 of memory would be fine but look at memory prices and if you like, get more......can never have too much memory these days...

Hey, off topic, did you know that there's a Mac-Mini? About the same price range at entry plus monitor. Maybe someone here can show you a picture of the Mac Mini....

RacerFox22 said:
Dont Buy Dell Cheapest Computer, They're Refuburised!!!!!!! My Computer Is Custom Built By Myself. I Refused To Buy Any Computer Like Gateway, Compaq, Emachine, Dell Etc... Because They Limited Of Modifcation.
Custom Built Computer Is Best Especially For Gamer Users.

Who care Refubrised or not. Brand new DO have problem too. Yes, I hate Dell, Compaqy, and HP. I had to fixed HP/Compaq like 10 or more times at my workplace (bad ram, BSOD, HDD died, motherboard failed won't boot up,etc..)

Who are about limited or not. They are good for noob like Y's parents.

Y said:
I went to the Walmart today discovering these
e-machines for sale only $498 I figured why NOT
get it for my parents they do NOT have any
computers and they are still afraid of them
Why not ?!? :) Anyone got E-machines
and what do you think of them ?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=3951&path=0:3944:3951
0082710307804_215X215.jpg

It's good deal and it have warranty so go buy it for your parents. :)

RacerFox22 said:
No i don't buy parts or anything from walmart. I buy parts from www.tigerdirect.com most has good deals by combos of Motherboard with CPU. Cuz walmart don't sell latest hardwares comes out.
Hmm Tigerdirect is 5 min away from my workplace (Naperville) and Fry's is around 10 min away.

Mookie said:
eMachines sucks....

What's wrong with Laptop? It is much easier for parents to carry around.

HP Pavilion ze2315us Notebook PC $599.00

eMachines M5310 for $549.99
30527140-2-300-front-2.gif

I still dislike eMachines but let Y makes a wise decision....
You are saying " eMachine sucks"...ahh interesting.. no offend! You know what? you are SUCK, not eMachine.. Just YOU sucks!

Y, eMachine is great products like ati video card, up to 2 GB, on and on as its good economy!! Like racer's quote.. thats important memory rams... :)

XBGMER said:
You are saying " eMachine sucks"...ahh interesting.. no offend! You know what? you are SUCK, not eMachine.. Just YOU sucks!

Y, eMachine is great products like ati video card, up to 2 GB, on and on as its good economy!! Like racer's quote.. thats important memory rams... :)
No, Memory ram is not important for gamer.
There is more than that.

Video card, cpu, and RAM.

What you mean eMachines sucks???

I have eMachines at home, and I brought in 2003 and I have NO problems with the eMachines and it was all I can afford. With those computers like $599, $600, to up, and I cannot afford it.

I brought eMachines from Office Depot for $379 and it was all I can afford and paid with christmas money I got from relative and the printer and scanner come with it for free.

So far, I have any NO problem or crashed or anything.

In fact When eMachines come out and it WAS awful problem and crash. It's happen in 2000. Right now I dont heard anyone complain about emachines who buy few years ago.

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

I don't trust e-Machines. A lot of my friends who bought e-Machines have always had problems with them. One of them could sign on AOL, but couldn't sign off. Another had problems with the desktop.

DELL is better. :thumb:
yes and I used to have compaq and it came with bs and AOL

Y,

Your parents should be fine with any basic computer.

Just make sure they get firewalls, anti-spam/pop-ups, and spyware protection. Teach them how to avoid email spammers and frauds, and to use care and wisdom in opening up attachments. Warn them to never give any personal info or account numbers to requests in email. Warn them about fwd:fwd:fwd:..., and show them how to use BCC (blind copies) for their addressees. Teach them how to keep their caches cleared, and not to store a zillion "cute" pictures on their harddrives (introduce them to the wonders of flashdrives for picture storage). Then, they should be fine. :)

Neo said:
In fact When eMachines come out and it WAS awful problem and crash. It's happen in 2000. Right now I dont heard anyone complain about emachines who buy few years ago.

I still have one from 2000 running just fine. My kids use it. It has never crashed on me yet.

XBGMER said:

You think you know everything? I just built my own computer and it works very smoothly and very fast. That's why I had to avoid any low price computers. I just spented $1K but I got $450 rebates back... :thumb:

It is not very easy to find the right products so I had to research very carefully...

dkf747 said:
I still have one from 2000 running just fine. My kids use it. It has never crashed on me yet.
Not sure what exactly when she got it. Would be older than 2000.

Wow, I just returned back to this thread and
I want to thank you ALL for opinions/feedbacks...

I like the concept of going into the Walmart anytime
whenever I'm ready to go visit Daddy then I will be
able to go inside and buy/bring the Emachine with me
visiting him sometime soon.. Again many Thanks !!
:thumb:

Many of the computers our agency gets donated to us are Dell PC's and many of these are 1-2 yr old which is a sign of ongoing consumer dissatisfaction with Dell computers. We reformat the drives to Ubuntu linux internet ready systems and sell them off for $75.00 each.

Richard

Are you all really that stupid?

eMachine is one of the finest computers I ever saw. I own an eMachine and it is the best one of all computers I have owned (ie. Gateway, Compaq, HP, and Dell) I'd suggest you to get an eMachine computers because first, they are cheaper, and second, they run very good. Although, I did not get it from Wal-Mart, I got mine from Bestbuy.

IMHO, eMachine is 3x better than Dell.

Back