New PCs for Sale from Walmart $498 ?!?!?!?

Y

Reaction score
I went to the Walmart today discovering these
e-machines for sale only $498 I figured why NOT
get it for my parents they do NOT have any
computers and they are still afraid of them
Why not ?!? :) Anyone got E-machines
and what do you think of them ?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=3951&path=0:3944:3951
0082710307804_215X215.jpg

Does Walmart stores have tech support dept? Hee hee

The lowest paid clerks may ruin your computer while trouble shooting...

Dont Buy Dell Cheapest Computer, They're Refuburised!!!!!!! My Computer Is Custom Built By Myself. I Refused To Buy Any Computer Like Gateway, Compaq, Emachine, Dell Etc... Because They Limited Of Modifcation.
Custom Built Computer Is Best Especially For Gamer Users.

RacerFox22 said:
Dont Buy Dell Cheapest Computer, They're Refuburised!!!!!!! My Computer Is Custom Built By Myself. I Refused To Buy Any Computer Like Gateway, Compaq, Emachine, Dell Etc... Because They Limited Of Modifcation.

Are you gonna to purchase some hardwares from Walmart since your hobby is BYOC? If so, are you gonna to puchase computers from Walmart?

No i don't buy parts or anything from walmart. I buy parts from www.tigerdirect.com most has good deals by combos of Motherboard with CPU. Cuz walmart don't sell latest hardwares comes out.

People, listen to Y! She is talking about something low-cost and simple for her parents. I imagine that they only need a computer for simple e-mails and read the news....just basic stuff. And I am sure Y or other friends/relatives can help her parents keep the 500 buck computer running ok.

ok then i agree with you i guess go walmart buy a package but suggest don't buy HP or COMPAQ. EMACHINE will be good than those brands.

Tousi said:
People, listen to Y! She is talking about something low-cost and simple for her parents. I imagine that they only need a computer for simple e-mails and read the news....just basic stuff. And I am sure Y or other friends/relatives can help her parents keep the 500 buck computer running ok.

If I were Y's folks, she/he must be crazy to buy computer from Walmart. I demand a expensive computer from the well known computer store. Why? Did Y getting cheapest toys from her/his parents?

Am I gonna to purchase the computer from Walmart? Hell no. Walmart does not have tech support dept. How does Y's parents shoot the trouble? Via the phone!!!! Y should have purchased the computer from the computer store where it has tech support dept. Y's parents needs some break instead of advising from the tech support on phone. Nothing wrong with computer store that they would be gladly to assist at no charge for warranty.

RacerFox22 said:
Not everyone uses their computers for games, and they don't need to make modifications. Some older people use them mostly for emailing and word processing (like a typewriter). They don't need fancy graphics or custom add-ons. For them, simpler is better. Why spend money on features they won't use?

rjr2006 said:
get dell poweredge pc it's cheaper
:werd:

I don't trust e-Machines. A lot of my friends who bought e-Machines have always had problems with them. One of them could sign on AOL, but couldn't sign off. Another had problems with the desktop.

DELL is better. :thumb:

Mookie said:
If I were Y's folks, she/he must be crazy to buy computer from Walmart. I demand a expensive computer from the well known computer store. Why? Did Y getting cheapest toys from her/his parents?

:wtf: You better be joking..? :mad2: That sounds very insulted!! Whoever don't make that much.. and at least give something to her parents as gifts.. That shows much pretty respect to Y's parents! I don't think MOST of parents will complain for getting cheap or whatever.. at least their own childrens show their love and gift.. Thats very important!!

Am I gonna to purchase the computer from Walmart? Hell no. Walmart does not have tech support dept. How does Y's parents shoot the trouble? Via the phone!!!! Y should have purchased the computer from the computer store where it has tech support dept. Y's parents needs some break instead of advising from the tech support on phone. Nothing wrong with computer store that they would be gladly to assist at no charge for warranty.

Eh.. whatever happens to the computer.. needs to be repair or anything.. They DON'T have to bring their computer to WALMART.. They still can call Tech. Support OR mail the package to ship.. OR bring to local computer repair store.. And there are many many many ways to get computer fixed.. But Geek Squad isn't recommended!!!!!!!!!

To Y..
That eMachines for your parents are definately GOOD enough!!

VamPyroX said:
:werd:

I don't trust e-Machines. A lot of my friends who bought e-Machines have always had problems with them. One of them could sign on AOL, but couldn't sign off. Another had problems with the desktop.

DELL is better. :thumb:

Yup, but eMachines are starting better and better.. It's same thing whenever the car is BRAND NEW for the first year new model.. Typically getting alot of problems.. Usually they are improving for 3 or 4 years later with same model that will be much better..

Vampy, if the eMachine's still around, it must mean the company is doing alright, right? Perhaps they have cleaned up the bugs or whatever from earlier versions?

Tousi said:
Vampy, if the eMachine's still around, it must mean the company is doing alright, right? Perhaps they have cleaned up the bugs or whatever from earlier versions?

Exactly! :D

kurtcs said:
Yup, but eMachines are starting better and better.. It's same thing whenever the car is BRAND NEW for the first year new model.. Typically getting alot of problems.. Usually they are improving for 3 or 4 years later with same model that will be much better..

eMachines sucks....

What's wrong with Laptop? It is much easier for parents to carry around.

HP Pavilion ze2315us Notebook PC $599.00

eMachines M5310 for $549.99
30527140-2-300-front-2.gif

I still dislike eMachines but let Y makes a wise decision....

Tousi said:
Either that... or they just got lucky by having a bunch of computer illiterates buy eMachines? ;)

Y said:
I went to the Walmart today discovering these
e-machines for sale only $498 I figured why NOT
get it for my parents they do NOT have any
computers and they are still afraid of them
Why not ?!? :) Anyone got E-machines
and what do you think of them ?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=3951&path=0:3944:3951
0082710307804_215X215.jpg
Yeah Just ignore those people talk bad thing about this... They never give a try for eMachine... I had eMachine before.. that is great product pc.. I actually never had problem with eMachine which is my second pc after PBell.. Later I got my own customized pc and I gave eMachine away to my older son. You should buy these for your parents, because these are great products.. I were in your shoes, I would buy these for kids or relatives, that is simple..:)

Y, I am agreeing with what kurt c's quote:
kurtcs said:
:wtf: You better be joking..? :mad2: That sounds very insulted!! Whoever don't make that much.. and at least give something to her parents as gifts.. That shows much pretty respect to Y's parents! I don't think MOST of parents will complain for getting cheap or whatever.. at least their own childrens show their love and gift.. Thats very important!!

To Y..
That eMachines for your parents are definately GOOD enough!!
You should take his good advice! :)

BTW: Y, Did you know that eMachine pc made by Gateway? Like Compaq pc are product by HP...

Basically E-Machine are good for home such as childern's homework and for parents use to contacts thru emails and chat to deaf people. Otherwise for hearing, simlar to it. But i have a few friends brought emachine for their affordable. They calls me to come over help them fix the computer because they complain why slow?? So the answer was, make sure don't put too much ICONS on the desktop that why it slow start up. Another small icons by the clock on the taskbar, make it few. And remember do a weekly DISK cleaning and monthly Defragmenting. It'll run a better performance.

Racer--that's a pretty good point but I don't think Y's parents will use up the memory; however, I would suggest to Y to look and see if it is possible to add memory to the eMachine cuz memory's cheap. If not possible, then Y will see to it that the parents keep everything lean and simple. Thanks, Racer...

Back