New name needed for services

Bad move, huh? ;)

Off subject, I am very impressed with your business (website). I strongly believe that you will be successful.

Off subject, I am very impressed with your business (website). I strongly believe that you will be successful.

Thanks... we are working on many avenues of financial awareness. Housing loan, banking, etc...

You can also check out Deaf Financial Education Center. I will be on board of that non-profit organization. We are developing Financial awareness in Deaf and Hard of Hearing community. Again, I noticed ASL community has been neglect of communication on financial. We want to reach to all people as much as we can.

We have mission of hiring deaf to join both Bank and DFEC in near future. Just hope everything works out for the best.

FYI - DFEC website is still under development. We are soon hiring Boards to join the team. Then they will hire the employee of DFEC.

Thanks for the link.

Perhaps, you could hire some NTID students for a co-op summer job to see whether they like your company as a permanent or a part-time job after they finished their degree.

Someday, I would apply a loan for my business from you when it is available for out of state.

Deaf / HOH services is what I would call it. I would shy away from ASL because not all deaf / HOH use ASL.

Thanks for the link.

Perhaps, you could hire some NTID students for a co-op summer job to see whether they like your company as a permanent or a part-time job after they finished their degree.

Someday, I would apply a loan for my business from you when it is available for out of state.

Internship or co-op is a long term plan for us. NTID or Gallaudet student can apply for it. In fact, any college deaf student can apply.

What do you mean out of state? We cover all 50 states right now. Except FHA in 6 states. In less than 60 days, we will have 50 states for FHA.

Last edited:
Deaf / HOH services is what I would call it. I would shy away from ASL because not all deaf / HOH use ASL.

Political correction, you are right about that. We can do any loans, just offer full ASL communication accessible. I am trying to see what name is best for the community.

Should we add Hard of Hearing to the name of Deaf Service Division?

How about this --

Signing Reserve Bank

United Signers Bank

Political correction, you are right about that. We can do any loans, just offer full ASL communication accessible. I am trying to see what name is best for the community.

Should we add Hard of Hearing to the name of Deaf Service Division?

Yes, so everyone feels welcome.

Yes, so everyone feels welcome.

Here some of corporate ideas.

A. Deaf Service Division

B. Deaf & Hard of Hearing Service Division

C. American Sign Language Service Division

D. Sign Language Service Division

E. Deaf American Bank

F. ALL DEAF BANK :giggle:

G. (insert more ideas)

Soon I will make a poll out of this. I am still reviewing the other names. Trying to see political perceptive on these topics.

At the risk of singling out a group, you'd might want to consider an inclusive and non-targeting name like "Valued Customer Services".

At the risk of singling out a group, you'd might want to consider an inclusive and non-targeting name like "Valued Customer Services".

How do we determine its services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing? They have Spanish services for Latino speaking spanish. What the difference?

Have you considered that some Deaf and/or Hard-of-Hearing do not want be cattle proded into the service? Consider the "Spanish-speaking" representative. What would they do when a Brazilian applied for services?

Not everyone was to be treated "special" (unless there was an incentive). I'd like to think that everyone was to get what everyone is getting - equal treatment.

How about putting up a sign that says, "Welcome to Deaf People at First American Bank?"

If I were going to be a member of a deaf bank, I would not go there because the robberies would love to come into your special service. Just thought of it. Sorry. I'll bring up something better name for your bank.

Have you considered that some Deaf and/or Hard-of-Hearing do not want be cattle proded into the service? Consider the "Spanish-speaking" representative. What would they do when a Brazilian applied for services?

Not everyone was to be treated "special" (unless there was an incentive). I'd like to think that everyone was to get what everyone is getting - equal treatment.

I do see your point. Its a equal treatment with full communication access. That the purpose of the services. So you saying I should say American Sign language Service? More of language orientated.

Given fact - Spanish is #2 largest language in USA. American Sign Language is #3. So its more focus on communication accessible than special treatment. Communication accessible means equal treatment.

Brazil speaks Portuguese. I am sure there are some rep that could speak Portuguese language. If we work with a mega bank, they could add languages to each agent/broker/banker that can speak specific languages.

Last edited:
How about putting up a sign that says, "Welcome to Deaf People at First American Bank?"

If I were going to be a member of a deaf bank, I would not go there because the robberies would love to come into your special service. Just thought of it. Sorry. I'll bring up something better name for your bank.

It will not be deaf bank... but a bank that offers Deaf communication accessible. So it makes no difference if robberies would want go into there. Hearing will single them out.

Again - what I am talking about is internet based with videophone accessible. Full language communication. Not in building.

I would include ASL as part of the title because you are saying that ASL is the 3rd most used language in the USA and oral deaf people use spoken English so why do they need a deaf centered service? They can go to the banks where hearing people go to.

I thought this was targeted for the signing community or am I wrong?

I would include ASL as part of the title because you are saying that ASL is the 3rd most used language in the USA and oral deaf people use spoken English so why do they need a deaf centered service? They can go to the banks where hearing people go to.

I thought this was targeted for the signing community or am I wrong?

You are on the right track. Signing community is the target audience for this service. I will bring it up in our meeting regard of ASL. I have been wondering about the name etc...

Thank you all for pointing out.

Back