New Jeep, New Platform

Oh really, have you think about switch to other car brand?
Well, neither Hubby nor I will be buying another car for many years, so I haven't seriously thought about it.

Well, neither Hubby nor I will be buying another car for many years, so I haven't seriously thought about it.

Oh really, you should be smart with budget.

1995 Cherokee isn't really bad.

In percentage, she is right. There are parts of Jeep that made in various countries in the world. No such vehicle is 100% from specific country nowadays.

no I mean - how can you tell? I want to find out where my vehicles are made from.

Remember there are millions of parts in vehicle, not every parts are made in same country, You can only tell by majority of them made from this country,

For instance, made in country A assembled in country B assembled in Country C final assemble in county D

no I mean - how can you tell? I want to find out where my vehicles are made from.

Remember there are millions of parts in vehicle, not every parts are made in same country, You can only tell by majority of them made from this country,

For instance, made in country A assembled in country B assembled in Country C final assemble in county D

right but Reba said her Cherokee was made in Mexico so....

VIN (vehicle identification number) have 17 character that dated back in the early 1980's. The first digit of 17 character is the origin of the manufacturer.
Here:
1 = USA
2 = CANADA
3 = MEXICO
4 = USA
5 = USA
6 = AUSTRALIA (I think)
7 = unknown
8 = unknown
9 = Brazil
J = JAPAN
K = KOREA
S = ENGLAND
T = HUNGARY
W = GERMANY
Y = SWEDEN
Z = ITALY
I dont know about the french vehicles cuz I never touch them:|
The year of the VIN is 10th digit of 17 character

In percentage, she is right. There are parts of Jeep that made in various countries in the world. No such vehicle is 100% from specific country nowadays.
Nowadays. Mine is a 1995.

Really this changed during 80's and 90's if my memory serves me right. 70's probably the last decade where there is 100% american made cars here.

Yes, VIN do determine the orgin country, but must be 60% total to determine the country or orign.

friend of mine has Jeep Cherokee 2 wheel drive model, the transmission was made by Toyota. How do I know? First we struggling trying to find the transmission gasket and couldn't find so we accidently discovered it said Toyota, part # and we found it. Gee.

Nowadays. Mine is a 1995.

Really this changed during 80's and 90's if my memory serves me right. 70's probably the last decade where there is 100% american made cars here.

Yes, VIN do determine the orgin country, but must be 60% total to determine the country or orign.

friend of mine has Jeep Cherokee 2 wheel drive model, the transmission was made by Toyota. How do I know? First we struggling trying to find the transmission gasket and couldn't find so we accidently discovered it said Toyota, part # and we found it. Gee.
Yes, you are right about the 70's amercia vehicles were 100 percent pure USA made. Like I saw Asian transmissions in a Jeep or Volvo and Honda V6 motors in Saturn or Isuzu and also witnessed Sanyen A/C compressors in MBZs or BMWs. BMW V8 motors in Land Rover SUV.

Correction: It says "Hecho en Mexico" on the windows.

VIN (vehicle identification number) have 17 character that dated back in the early 1980's. The first digit of 17 character is the origin of the manufacturer.
Here:
1 = USA
2 = CANADA
3 = MEXICO
4 = USA
5 = USA
6 = AUSTRALIA (I think)
7 = unknown
8 = unknown
9 = Brazil
J = JAPAN
KF-KK = Israel
KL-KR = Korea
SA-SM = ENGLAND
SN-ST = Germany
SU-SZ = Poland
TR-TV = HUNGARY
TW-T1= Portugal
VA-VE = Austria
VA-VE = France
VS-VW = Spain
W = GERMANY
Y = SWEDEN
Z = ITALY
I dont know about the french vehicles cuz I never touch them:|
The year of the VIN is 10th digit of 17 character

I just correct your post.

I touch french vehicles and Poland vehicles before in Europe.

If the 1st digit of 17 character VIN, is 3. That would be Mexico. See my post #48
Weird. My window glass all say made in Mexico, but my VIN starts with a 1, which would be USA. :dunno:

Detroit Preview: Jeep to unveil Wrangler Islander and Mountain trims, plus Liberty Renegade
Jeep is poised to release a trio of special edition vehicles next week at the Detroit Auto Show; two based on the iconic Wrangler platform and a third based on the Liberty. As much as we'd love to tell you about some amazing new powertrain option, that's not happening – at least not yet. Instead, these three models are really just interesting themes on the same basic and well-known packages.

We'll start with the Liberty Renegade, which will be positioned in between the Sport and Limited models. Included in the kit are painted Mineral Gray Keystone 16-inch wheels capped with all-terrain P235/70R16 tires along with dark neutral metallic wheel flares, side sills and fascia. The graphics package continues with Argent Silver on the lower fascia and roof rack plus Satin Black vinyl hood decals. Finally, the interior features new driftwood accent bezels.

On the Wrangler front, the first highlight is the $1,120 Islander package, which returns after a 20-plus-year absence. Unique touches include an optional Surf Blue Pearl Coat, an Islander "Tiki Bob" decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates, black side steps and 17-inch Moab wheels shod with 32-inch tires. Tiki Bob makes an appearance inside too, embroidered on the seat backs.

Finally, the $1,820 Wrangler Mountain package is based on the S model and comes with a unique "Mountain" decal on the hood with latitude and longitude coordinates (different from the Islander's coordinates, naturally) along with painted high-gloss Mineral Gray 17-inch Moab wheels, grille and bumper appliqués. Other bits include tubular side steps, black tail lamp guards and a fuel-filler door from Mopar. Interior improvements are made up of an embossed seat insert with embroidered "Mountain logo" plus anodized graphite heating, ventilation and air conditioning rings.

you like or not?

Jeep Liberty Renegade
24v6vkk.jpg

Jeep Wrangler Islander
xgmhxj.jpg

Jeep Wrangler Mountain
30m1ri9.jpg

Weird. My window glass all say made in Mexico, but my VIN starts with a 1, which would be USA. :dunno:
oh, I feel better. Thats ok. I tell you that I never see number 3 on the 1st digit of the Jeep's vins. Number 2 (Canada)? I cant remember. I've been seen the number 3 (Mexico) on VW Jettas, GMs, Fords and Hondas.

Back