New iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
you get grandfathered in your old data plan.... so if you have been using the unlimited plan for a while, you're safe with it. It's for new customers that will get the capped data plan.

But most people do NOT go beyond 2GB a month. In fact, my iPhone went only 300MB over THREE months despite using the safari a lot. It may be different if you use a lot of videos but most deafies don't watch videos since most don't have captioning.

but you won't get tethering if you want keep old unlimited data?

Yeah, he said somewhere that tethering was not worth it because he did not use it much. I would be the same way.

Yeah, he said somewhere that tethering was not worth it because he did not use it much. I would be the same way.

Oh ok, I don't use tethering either, except for emergency.

Unauthorized tethering can be used with jailbroken but be careful with att.

I keep my current unlimited data plan for new iPhone 4 and can't add AT&T tethering but since june 7 new data plan can add tethering with 2 gb plan. costs $65. I forgot it.

Oh ok, I don't use tethering either, except for emergency.

Unauthorized tethering can be used with jailbroken but be careful with att.

I still have bemn tethering for my iPhone 3gs but I will swap new iPhone 4 and no more tethering. I will cry for gone to benm tethering. :lol:

You should not tether if you want to use iPhone as the primary source of internet connection. It's best to use a separate service. Cable modem is way much better and faster than using wireless.

me too! :Ohno:

Several readers have notified us that they have started receiving shipment notifications and FedEx tracking numbers for their iPhone 4. Several of the shipment notifications indicate a "Delivers By" date of June 23rd -- a day before the official launch day.
iPhone 4s Are Shipping Now

Ship early?

Oddball, did you got email shipping notification?

I think that FedEx would hold it until the 24th.

I wish that they would ship it to me early than July 14.

Several readers have notified us that they have started receiving shipment notifications and FedEx tracking numbers for their iPhone 4. Several of the shipment notifications indicate a "Delivers By" date of June 23rd -- a day before the official launch day.

Ship early?

Not yet. I did still check out my order status..so far, it stated that it is still processed. Weird.

You should not tether if you want to use iPhone as the primary source of internet connection. It's best to use a separate service. Cable modem is way much better and faster than using wireless.

I agree.

But, I wish we can do videoconferencing on both 3g (or 4g) and wifi like EVO does. I have a feeling that other network providers soon follow Sprint by upgrading to 4G.

Try to download Fring app.. maybe try to do videoconferencing between friends on iphone and EVO? I have not tried it yet.

41 pages is a lot to read though, so i'll just ask now. Does anyone know if the new iPhone 4 will have a tcoil?

I agree.

But, I wish we can do videoconferencing on both 3g (or 4g) and wifi like EVO does. I have a feeling that other network providers soon follow Sprint by upgrading to 4G.

Oh I think they will allow 3G videocalls but just not now. It needs to beef up the network to support more bandwidth for videocalls. Just look at AT&T now.. it's overloaded with orders and it cannot keep up with the demand. It makes sense to roll out slowly instead of being bogged down.

Tech dummy here: Would it be possible for an app to the iPhone 3G-S that will allow this new Face Time feature?

I agree.

Try to download Fring app.. maybe try to do videoconferencing between friends on iphone and EVO? I have not tried it yet.

iPhone 3GS or 3G video chatting is a one-way only Because the iPhone's camera is located on the back of the device, fring chose to enable only incoming video for the iPhone 3GS. iPhone 4 will have to wait for some future device with a front-facing camera before two-way video calling will be feasible.
fring for iPhone updated with free one-way video calling

I hope that Fring will work to upgrade apps for iPhone 4 over 3G.

Tech dummy here: Would it be possible for an app to the iPhone 3G-S that will allow this new Face Time feature?

It's possible, in fact I think it's already been done.
There's already completed development finished for the third generation jailbroken / developers who tested the capabilities of the phone.

The only issue with it is practicality.
Firstly, apple would probably never release firmware that would affect Iphone 4 sales. There's no doubt with this statement, all phone companies do the same thing.
Second, not sure if you want to be using a mirror every time you were to attempt video conferencing with the 3g.
wink.png

Thanks, Naisho; that makes a lot of sense.

Ship early?

Update: I got email confirmation from ATT with Fedex tracking number..right now it is too early because information has not shown on fedex. Maybe I will try to check my fedex shipping tracking number later on to see if they udpate anything. I am going to to the mall to pick my iphone 4 up after work.

Update: I got email confirmation from ATT with Fedex tracking number..right now it is too early because information has not shown on fedex. Maybe I will try to check my fedex shipping tracking number later on to see if they udpate anything. I am going to to the mall to pick my iphone 4 up after work.

I think that they would hold to ship it to you until June 24. Not June 23.

Wirelessly posted

I learn from the rumors, let you know iOS 4 now release for your iPhone 3G, 3GS, G3 iPod touches and check  verison *check for update* under itune ..

Good luck & enjoy! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back