New girl

StudentofASL

Reaction score
Hi, I don't want to put too much about my self on here but I am a teen girl, hearing, and I am learning ASL as my language in school. My dream is to have a horse ranch and run christian summer deaf camps. Pretty much do what the Bill Rice Ranch does, only in southern Alabama where I live.
I want to know as much about the deaf as I can. I do not know any one that is deaf so I don't have much practice:/.
Please let me know if you want to talk to me. I have a heart for the deaf. Or if you are learning ASL too, I would love to talk to you. I am left handed so I some times can't figure out how to do things in ASL, so I do normally as best I can just with my left hand. If anyone has any tips for me I would love to hear them!
OK that's about all I can think of.

Thank you, I am not sure yet. I haven't got that far!

Sent from my XT907 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hi! I'm a Deaf teen who has a horse! I mainly ride English and do jumping shows. Welcome to AD

Awesome SSnow98! My family is hoping to get some soon! Thanks everybody for the welcome!

Sent from my XT907 using AllDeaf App mobile app

:welcome: to AllDeaf Forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Hi! I'm a Deaf teen who has a horse! I mainly ride English and do jumping shows. Welcome to AD

Hey! :) My name is Jayla and I'm 15 years old. And I'm learning sign language. I would love to video chat to learn more Asl and deaf culture.

:welcome:

Leftie signers do just as well as righty signers. Just remember to stick with your left hand as the dominant hand--don't switch back and forth. When you view videos of signs being demonstrated, remember to think in terms of dominant and non-dominant hands, not left and right hands.

Thanks everybody! I am now happy to report I have a beautiful QH mare and I know a deaf lady and her niece who is a interpreter. I go to a deaf class they have once a month! its really fun! Sorry I haven't been on here much! Thanks for the advice Reba! Im getting better at it the more I do it! :D Thanks again ya'll!

Back