New and Ready to Go!

LillyRae

Reaction score
Hi everyone on AD!

I'm Amanda also known as Manda or Lilly,
I am hearing, there are some days I wish I wasn't. I fell in love with sign language when I was eight years old, and I am now free to take sign language in my college years, I just finished my first semester, and will be starting ASL 2 come January. Why I started sign language, well I do have a friend back in Houston who is Deaf, and since I already knew how to fingerspell, he put up with me slowly spelling out the words, or we would text back and forth. He taught me a few signs as well as what I've been learning in class. Yes my ASL teacher is Deaf.

A little bit about me, I am 19 yrs old, Just recently moved to San Antonio where I now work at a restaurant called the Time Machine as Jessica Rabbit. If I am not the most talkative person you've met it's because I prefer the nice quietness of the day. I've lived in Texas for 4 years, before that a little town called Runnelstown in Mississippi for 7 years and before that I was born and raised for 8 years in Sunny California. I have Two brothers, one older and one younger, and a sister who is the youngest. My parents are divorced and I don't live with either one. Some days they hurt me, other days I wish they weren't my parents, and then there are the days where I wouldn't trade them for the world. I love to read and write and do tons of outdoor stuff and I am one of the few hearing people who don't believe that Deaf people need help "integrating" into society. I believe you can stand, walk, write, and ask for help when you need it instead of someone "assuming" Deaf people need help. I attended a few Deaf Coffee events in Houston and I'm looking forward to knowing what goes on in San Antonio.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
-Lilly Rae

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around. :wave:

Welcome to AllDeaf! :thumb:

I remember eating at that restaurant. I went there when I was a kid when it was in Dallas. I don't know if it's still there.

It's interesting to see all the servers dressed up in various costumes. :)

Back