Nerve deafness

The Captain

Reaction score
Hi I'm John from Texas and I've been hard of hearing damn near completely deaf in both ears at 38. I absolutely hate being deaf it's is the worst illness a human being can have

Are you late-deafened?

It's not fun for us late-deafened, but it's also not the worse illness in the world.

Deafness is not an illness. I will grant that it is traumatic for late deafened or for someone to lose it suddenly. I was born deaf so I don't know anything different and I don't see my deafness as an "illness". Maybe as a disability- that is different than an illness.

LB- it sounds like he grew up hard of hearing but is now pretty much deaf at the age of 38, that's how I am reading it.

Welcome to allDeaf john,
Sign will set yoi free man.....
Its a gift to be Deaf not a curse,
Stick around..

Hi I'm John from Texas and I've been hard of hearing damn near completely deaf in both ears at 38. I absolutely hate being deaf it's is the worst illness a human being can have

Do you mean your lost your hearing b/c you got ill? I have nerve lost too and is HOH , I wish it was an illness so I could take a pill to hear better . :giggle:

Being hoh or deaf is not an illness but you can become hoh or deaf from an illness like Helen Keller had happen . She became deaf and blind from an illness. Why do you think this an illness ?

Not an illness at all. Just a variation of the human state of being.

Embrace it.

You can still be successful , there are a lot people here that live a very rich and full life and been deaf or hoh their whole life .
My daughter took care of children that more than one disabilities ,they had to live in a group home their whole life and some children had no idea that their parents were never coming back to see them . Now that is the worst kind of disability to have , your parents not wanting you anymore. :(

I agree with you WDYS. I am blessed. Thank you!

Just remember theres someone out there who has it worse than us, it took me a bit to realize that after seeing others with disabilities that are worse than my hearing loss while going out to relieve stress this weekend, so i learned to embrace my hearing loss instead and be happy i still have some hearing instead of none

Back