Need to vent. Hmmm, I don't know if my post is allowed

Unegawahya

Reaction score
I hope someone will see this message or can print out and make some copies (but not a good idea to do) to give to some deaf people:

To some of you who spread rumors or false lies, please STOP this instance. You're destroying a friendship and a reputation of other deaf people including us. What you did is pretty wrong. You have done horrible damages to other deaf people including us. Please stop backstabbing by telling other deaf people's or our friends that they (we) were "backstabbing" or "hurting" you which are not true. You are the ones who did the damages and we have not. You will lose a lot of friends once they find out that YOU are the one who started a shenanigan not us or some other deaf people. We got tired of the silly games that you're using us or some other deaf people and using our names. If you got nothing nice to say it, DON'T say it at all and stop the false gossiping. We would say ENOUGH is ENOUGH. My sympathy to those whose reputations and feelings are hurt when others were backstabbing or harm them in any way with false rumors/lies.

It isn't funny and it wasn't funny either. In a past few years, some deaf people were harm or the "victims" who spread the rumors were harm as well because of the false rumors or backstabbing. It's not a pretty picture. I get tired of the "victims" who were telling me that other deaf people harmed them. I got to the point that other deaf people who harmed the "victims" were telling me that the "victims" were backstabbing and causing a damage to their reputations. They ended up in the court battles, a few of them were even arrested. I get sick and tired of seeing them get hurt or lose a lot of friends. This "victim" used to have a lot of friends until they found out what she was up to, she got only a few friends left. She's pretty crazy. She got a few of them in jails and she's soo happy even when they didn't harm her yet.

Enough of a childish game. Someone should bring a jar of lollipops over here.

WoW, I agree with you! That's what my ex friend did to me! :mad: Especially about my husband Jeremy!

FelixKat930 said:
WoW, I agree with you! That's what my ex friend did to me! :mad: Especially about my husband Jeremy!
Yeah...like they were talking stuffs about me and I didn't have the time to chat or mingle with other deaf ppl. Don't know where they get an idea that I was "hurting" them with talk and I don't yak bad bout them. IF I talk good about them, they would talk bad about me. I was like "WTF?" Weird. I was too busy with college and kids and don't have the time to get together. My kids' dad "believes" them and it's entirely HIS fault that he believes too much. He gone there and then brought home the horrible "they told me" blah blah. Grrr! So I cut 'em off by not talking to them on VP or Sidekick II pager's email/IMs. Their problem, not mine. And his problem and not mine either.

Oh, BTW, FelixKat06, I put in the note on my Sidekick II's AIM "Away" msg as:

Note to any backstabber or liar, do not contact me. And anyone who is feeble-mind enuff to believe the others' childish lies, don't contact me either. Go ahead and believe their two-faced stories. I'm done with some deafies who use the shenanigans to set me up or are pain-in-an-a$$. Grow up, nincompoos!
Funny, a couple of them turned off their AIM.. well, it's working and GOOD!

Yeah... I got the same problem almost everytime I visit the big city to be in the Deaf world. For example they were talking negative about me because I don't have the time to chat with other deaf people because I am a very goal oriented person. I am not sure where they got the idea that I was talking about them. I don't talk bad about them. I talk good about them they talk bad about me.

I thought " This is b.s. man !!!! This is what I get in return ? " :roll:

I don't have time to get together at so many Deaf events because I have to be back home so I get the best, the most out of my visit to the Deaf world in the big city and they think Deaf culture is one big Deaf world. They try to pull me into trouble when I don't need any trouble. My solution has always been to cut them off by not talking to them the next time I visit the big city. Some Deaf people get really mad about that but they forget that they don't respect my reason why so I just shake my head and my hand " no "

Some Deaf people do not know how to talk, act and be a very positive, happy person, no matter what the situation is which is really sad.

I think that Deaf people could learn something from hearing people about thinking, talking and acting in a very positve, very responsible and in a very mature adult-like manner with good moral values, hard work ethics, doing what is good and right. That is why when I visit the big city, I just visit with a small circle of very good Deaf friends who have proven to have a very good track record of not getting me or themselves or anybody else into trouble, and my friends actually know how to really be real good friends.

You're not the only one, Heath. Some of us have the similar problems with some deaf ppl. They will never "grow up." They will have a bad karma following them for years or until they stop. What comes around, goes around is always there. They don't learn. May never will. It's hard to face why we talk good about them but they talk bad about us. Strange. Like we choose them as friends but they turned to us like enemies waiting and waiting to prowl at day and night. That is why I get tired of their silly game. I'm in no mood for them. I feel cold next to them if I ever hear or meet them again. Ugh! They're off my list. <sigh>

Whitewolf1970 said:
You're not the only one, Heath. Some of us have the similar problems with some deaf ppl. They will never "grow up." They will have a bad karma following them for years or until they stop. What comes around, goes around is always there. They don't learn. May never will. It's hard to face why we talk good about them but they talk bad about us. Strange. Like we choose them as friends but they turned to us like enemies waiting and waiting to prowl at day and night. That is why I get tired of their silly game. I'm in no mood for them. I feel cold next to them if I ever hear or meet them again. Ugh! They're off my list. <sigh>
Hi guys, i'm here to gain some knowledge about the deaf culture for my daughter(i'm hearing she is deaf with CI). I've gotten some great support from alot of people in here, but then there are those who just love to critisize and are so so angry at the world. My daughter is 5 and has been going to audio verbal therapy. We are gonna start taking ASL classes together. I want her to expierence both worlds. Even though she talks, i know she is still deaf , but it's like all i see is critisizm about teaching her to speak, and i dont get it?? I'm all for total communication. I'm here to learn about the culture but all i seem to hear is how i dont love my daughter and how selfish i am. It's ridiulous, and i think to myself ,why should i expose her to all this anger?. You read so much about people gettting angry because they think parents are killing the deaf culture by implanting their children and thats so wrong. We know our children are still deaf. They are the ones pushing us away.We are trying to get our kids involved but it's still not good enough.

great vent whitewolf!

ur comments are very true and i agree with them -- i dont have much respect for those types of ppl and do not talk to them -- makes it so much simpler!

i agree with u... same here some of them did to me but i wont say who.. i just INGORE them anyway

People don't control my life. And words, gossips, and damaging my reputations don't control me. I ignored them. Everything I do is based on my own decision.... So if people think they are hurting me by spreading rumors about me, they are dead wrong. Nobody will ever play GOD with me.
Because Me I am my own GOD, I control me and my life, and if I want something, I will get it. If I want friends, I will have friends.
If you think because I don't have friends because of you, you are stupid.
I didn't make people not want to be around me, I just don't want to be around people... because I need a VACATION, a break, and relaxation!!!!

So if someone spread rumor about you, then laugh at them, they can't do nothing to you. And they can't drive you crazy.

I agree with ya! I do ingore them and I dont care if they are behind my back because I know that they do not know me very well.. It is their problems and they ask for it.

Whitewolf1970 said:
I hope someone will see this message or can print out and make some copies (but not a good idea to do) to give to some deaf people:

To some of you who spread rumors or false lies, please STOP this instance. You're destroying a friendship and a reputation of other deaf people including us. What you did is pretty wrong. You have done horrible damages to other deaf people including us. Please stop backstabbing by telling other deaf people's or our friends that they (we) were "backstabbing" or "hurting" you which are not true. You are the ones who did the damages and we have not. You will lose a lot of friends once they find out that YOU are the one who started a shenanigan not us or some other deaf people. We got tired of the silly games that you're using us or some other deaf people and using our names. If you got nothing nice to say it, DON'T say it at all and stop the false gossiping. We would say ENOUGH is ENOUGH. My sympathy to those whose reputations and feelings are hurt when others were backstabbing or harm them in any way with false rumors/lies.

It isn't funny and it wasn't funny either. In a past few years, some deaf people were harm or the "victims" who spread the rumors were harm as well because of the false rumors or backstabbing. It's not a pretty picture. I get tired of the "victims" who were telling me that other deaf people harmed them. I got to the point that other deaf people who harmed the "victims" were telling me that the "victims" were backstabbing and causing a damage to their reputations. They ended up in the court battles, a few of them were even arrested. I get sick and tired of seeing them get hurt or lose a lot of friends. This "victim" used to have a lot of friends until they found out what she was up to, she got only a few friends left. She's pretty crazy. She got a few of them in jails and she's soo happy even when they didn't harm her yet.

Enough of a childish game. Someone should bring a jar of lollipops over here.

This is EXACTLY what I've been going through...Someone has destroyed my reputation...Someone told alot of deafies to stay away from me because I am dangerous, threat, will damage their homes, :blah: :roll:

I can't believe how immature deafies are when they didn't have *guts* to come to meet with me...get to know me personally...This person has done good job for brainwashed these deafies against me...Once goes around will go back to this person BIG TIME!

This person told alot of deafies that I will *revenge* them if they become my friend..:roll: BIG LIES! It is not my character to do this to people..

My long time deaf friends out of states...They can't believe that I've been through lot of hurts here....especially this person damaged my reputation!

I gave this person many many chances...ENOUGH! I will NOT be this person's friend forever! ;)

Ohh, I missed this thread because of too much stress and college lift. Yeah, Fly Free, I felt so much better ventin' it out. I still hope this thread is still kicking alive. It did work. I noticed no more VP calling from the same person and no more AIM chat with that person, either. So maybe it's working. Have a peaceful moment for a week now and counting. ;)

kayla123 said:
Hi guys, i'm here to gain some knowledge about the deaf culture for my daughter(i'm hearing she is deaf with CI). I've gotten some great support from alot of people in here, but then there are those who just love to critisize and are so so angry at the world. My daughter is 5 and has been going to audio verbal therapy. We are gonna start taking ASL classes together. I want her to expierence both worlds. Even though she talks, i know she is still deaf , but it's like all i see is critisizm about teaching her to speak, and i dont get it?? I'm all for total communication. I'm here to learn about the culture but all i seem to hear is how i dont love my daughter and how selfish i am. It's ridiulous, and i think to myself ,why should i expose her to all this anger?. You read so much about people gettting angry because they think parents are killing the deaf culture by implanting their children and thats so wrong. We know our children are still deaf. They are the ones pushing us away.We are trying to get our kids involved but it's still not good enough.

There will always be angry people, no matter their hearing status. There will always be people who think that the world owes them. There are a lot of both here. It's a small community, so when a lot of people have that attitude, it comes off that every deaf person has that attitude. That's NOT true. Sadly, this is probably not the best place for you to get an idea of what Deaf culture is all about. Like any other part of your life, if you see people that aren't people you want to be around or subject your kid(s) to, then avoid them. I come here less and less because of that reason.

Deaf who love to gossip/backstab, telling BS stories oughta to work at library as a storyteller...... Thats what library storyteller are for...

racheleggert said:
Deaf who love to gossip/backstab, telling BS stories oughta to work at library as a storyteller...... Thats what library storyteller are for...
:giggle: library storyteller. Hehe. :D

I've only been exposed to Deaf culture for almost 2 years now, but I do have to say that I see this way too much. I am hearing, and I see enough hearing people do it, but I think it seems to me like it happens more among Deaf. I dont know if there has been studies, or people try to figure out why, but it is just my observation.

I know that deaf people will very strongly defend other deaf, but yet I also see them talk behind others backs. Hearing people often do the same thing. Myself, I dont understand why anyone does that. If everyone, hearing or deaf, told the truth and was straight forward, then there'd be a lot less confusion/stress/anger in the world. Sure some people might be hurt in short run, but it is so much easier to deal with the truth, then to deal with lies and trying to figure out the truth.

But some people will never change. They'll believe that someone wont like them if they know the truth, or because they know the truth would hurt someone, they lie which only makes things worse.

I myself live with 'honesty is the best policy' and the fact that if you tell the truth, you dont have to remember what you said, because it will always be the same. But when you lie, you have to remember what you said, and cover it with more lies. It is the people you know are lieing and continue to lie that get the most angry with you because you caught them lieing.

:dunno:

Anyways, I guess if everyone was honest, our government would collapse because no politicians would be voted for.

This thread has alot of great ventings here and there - It comes to me as no surprise that this kind of situations happens oftenly. I've been through it just as much as everyone has. I've came across when a certain person believes the rumor as much as they do. It isn't my problem that when a certain person believes the rumors - after all it is usually fabricated. It is only the best to get the fact rather than jumping on the bandwagon to believe these rumors. Sometme the rumors can be hurtful but at the same time - we get stronger and know where to stop at.

I am pretty much sick with what the rumor has done - we all pretty much have been a victim of the rumor one way or other but it is not the end of the world. Yes, It can tarnish a reputation. That is why it is always best to keep things as private as possible but at the same time it is not easy to do so. The boundaries has to be set up only to know where it is going too far. It can get out of the hand and sure, We all are not perfect one way or other. We do make mistakes, after all we are humans.

It is much simpler not to deal with the person who tries to start a rumor. It makes things easier but sure, It'd be nice to see where the origin started at. Once it goes, it goes.

Jolie_77 said:
This thread has alot of great ventings here and there - It comes to me as no surprise that this kind of situations happens oftenly. I've been through it just as much as everyone has. I've came across when a certain person believes the rumor as much as they do. It isn't my problem that when a certain person believes the rumors - after all it is usually fabricated. It is only the best to get the fact rather than jumping on the bandwagon to believe these rumors. Sometme the rumors can be hurtful but at the same time - we get stronger and know where to stop at.

I am pretty much sick with what the rumor has done - we all pretty much have been a victim of the rumor one way or other but it is not the end of the world. Yes, It can tarnish a reputation. That is why it is always best to keep things as private as possible but at the same time it is not easy to do so. The boundaries has to be set up only to know where it is going too far. It can get out of the hand and sure, We all are not perfect one way or other. We do make mistakes, after all we are humans.

It is much simpler not to deal with the person who tries to start a rumor. It makes things easier but sure, It'd be nice to see where the origin started at. Once it goes, it goes.

Well said!

They say best revenge is to live well despite what others say or think :)

Back