need info on CI

i never have my CI into that scanner thingie at airport where people drop small bags for cops to scan plus i never walk through metal detector with CI on me... instead i gave it to a policeman and let him/her check it quickly while normal bags go through the scanner and me walk through metal detector...

waht really annoys me is those uber sensitive metal detector would beep even though i had NO metal on me... and turned out they were beeping about my implant >.<

i was told from my audie. that it rarely happens for airport to make a beep if you have CI.. but in case it happens my audie told me to simply tell the security " i have a metal inside my head" then they'll understand and let me go. since many people have implants anywhere in their body.. their head, hips, knee, ankle, neck, u name it.. also my audie told me if i say " i have cochlear implant" most security won't understand so its best to say " i have metal implant in my head"

Ive flown a few times since getting my CI and I wasnt beeped at all.

My audiologist gave me a carrying card to show that I have a cochlear implant and they can call him if they don't believe me.

Back