need info on CI

same here! its so awesome.. now all is up to paul, medicard and maybe my dad to get it ... paul will definitely cover the CI funds but not completely.. medicard is still in question and my dad promised to help with transparation funds.. however.. knowing him.. it may change at last minute

turns out medicard wont be coming till Jan, my dad got dui so he would have ot pay 5 grand fine... and since i cant get in college till spring.. that means no insurance.. and no vehicle to use to go to appt for CI ... im screwed

OUCH, 5 grand?! :jaw: :Ohno: Your dad got into DUI? OUCH! :eek2: Hope your dad pulls thru! You eventually will find a way around to get to your CI, hopefully! Good luck!

Wow, what a jerk. That guy who stole your CI is really messed up in the head. But I'm glad you're on your way to getting a new one, that is awesome. I'm glad for you. But about the other stolen things, how could he do all that, that little a-hole. But anyway, I'm happy you're on your way to obtaining a new CI.

from the way things were going... im not getting CI anytime soon not unless i win lottery... it totally suck! im screwed

Im thinking Simpleman is offering to pay for your CI if you move in with him and dump your bf. :)

Meg said:
Please no soap opera here :ty:

Thank you Meg. He's been starting crap with me for last couple weeks, 'rubbing salt in my wounds'. I sit around, mind my own business and now he starts crap with me here..... yeah, like Im the one interfering, right.

Riviera said:
scuze me digs up posts and chat logs ...

Riviera, if you do have a problem with that, you can pm one of the moderators but not post on thread because it makes us uncomfortable with the situation. We don't want to get involved in this triangle so please have this handled appropriately.

:ty: :ty:

alrighty :) not a problem ill just keep letting him do his thing ... hows that ?

*attempting to get this thread back on the topic* any other suggestions on how i can get CI ?

I am just wondering about the metal detectors at malls and airports. Do you ever notice your hearing aid or CI losing quality or decrease sounds after entering the metal detector area?

I may think that some airports have new too powerful x-ray machines that could affect our hearing aids/CI because Homeland Security gave money to upgrade metal detectors, etc.

webexplorer said:
I am just wondering about the metal detectors at malls and airports. Do you ever notice your hearing aid or CI losing quality or decrease sounds after entering the metal detector area?

I may think that some airports have new too powerful x-ray machines that could affect our hearing aids/CI because Homeland Security gave money to upgrade metal detectors, etc.

I went through metal detector frame at Walmart last Sunday and was told on Monday that anyone with CI should not go through that as it is very powerful and can even kill fishes. It has destroyed credit cards of my friend.

Im not sure who I should contact regarding this to see if my CI is safe there or not.

actually no.. but i do notice the weird buzzing thing after i pass the metal detector or any stores that detects any theives

Meg said:
I went through metal detector frame at Walmart last Sunday and was told on Monday that anyone with CI should not go through that as it is very powerful and can even kill fishes. It has destroyed credit cards of my friend.

Im not sure who I should contact regarding this to see if my CI is safe there or not.
then how can they use credit card if they went to Wal-Mart with that powerful metal detector? Wal-Mart should know better to keep customer coming back with their cc intact eh?

anyway are you making this up? I have CI and I have been to anywhere that have all kinds of metal detector (including airport) nothing affects my CI. It don't destroy CI.. BUT It MAY wipe the programming out...like static discharge can.(so far it hasn't happened to me yet) if it does, just go see your audie and have it remapped then you are set. as for CC, no it don't destroy the CC, it just wiped magnetic strip clean making it unusable (just call your CC for replacement...) although metal detector is not supposed to be a "eraser" though but supposed to detect live magnetic strip.

What you should is to step back a little from a magnetic strip eraser that clerk wipe products before putting in bag.. obviously, maybe that clerk accidently waved the CC over it before handing back to customer before exiting the store?

Back