Need help: stop the wrong mails.

Ocie Denver

Reaction score
Not spam (junk e-mails), but mails with home address with wrong names. I had seen at least 50 different names on unopen bills or important letters. I returned them back but still keep come in. Do you know how to stop them from being delivered to your mailbox?

Deathpit said:
Not spam (junk e-mails), but mails with home address with wrong names. I had seen at least 50 different names on unopen bills or important letters. I returned them back but still keep come in. Do you know how to stop them from being delivered to your mailbox?

Put the write of "Resident is no longer on this address, Please return to sender" and drop in the street mailboxes (postal pick up at corners). You don't put the stamp, it's free "Return to sender"

the Post office will update computers to stop sending whose the incorrected address of bills and important addressed to them.

Yeah, I agree. Just write down "Return to the Sender" and it works. Try that and see what happens. Good luck.

I work with mail daily at the courthouse, and I have seen yellow labels on the bottom of the envelopes with the correct address on it....but I also have seen people's writings on returned mail saying "She/He doesn't live here"....or "Return to Sender".
I agree with the others....just put "Return to Sender. Resident doesn't live here" and the mailpeople will take care of it for you. :)

HA!!! I have lived at my address for 5 yrs and I still getting the mail from the previous owner or what not. But getting his mail for 5 yrs and I still wrote down return to sender. But guess what I still get the mail and it coming from different ppl and different places for the same person. One day I got fed up and wrote a note to the postal and told them that I have been living at that address for 5 yrs and getting sick of tired of getting this person mail and I did return it and saying no longer here. It finally stopped I hope. I am getting sick of it. I cant wait to move so I can have peace of mind.

It happened to me when I first brought this house, and I kept getting bills and letters that isn't under my name.. it looks like some people forgot to let the post office and others know that they moved, so all you need to do is write this down " Return to Sender, no longer live on this address " and keep doing it until they finally relized that this person no longer live there...It took me 3 years to keep doing that until they finally stopped sending it here...Good Grief...

Yup, use the line from an old Elvis song...... :)

Yeah I know and I am rca since last May. I am still not familar with those people and their addresses cuz I am filling in once awhile. My suggest, you write a note and let your mailcarrier your only person live on the addy. She/he will put on the box with ur addy and let others who fill in for them know.

People keep move in and out all the time esp the renters who make our job little harder and confuse sometime. Sometime they have many names in one house alike roomates, friends stay and live with them. I get them often and I was not sure if I should send them to addy or send them back to senders. My hours are limit and do not have time to go and look for them in the box to make sure if they are still there or no longer live there.

Third classes are worthless, cant be send back to senders. I put them in tub with UBBM and it goes back to center and I do not know what they do with them. First and second classes, we usually send them forward and if it is expired then we send them back to senders.

Sorry if we did no do good job for you guys. We are trying to do our best for you.

I am a RCA myself too. What I would suggest is that you go to the Post Office in person and tell them that you are the only resident there and please forward other mails that doesn't have your name on it. They will take care of it by informing your carrier and etc. Hope this helps.

so am I same here... *ugh* Why can't they don't know how write the change their address written at the post office. *ahem* Kept send'n here... still never stops since 2 years from now... Few days ago, I went over to the post office.. how can I prevent this stupid prevouis tenant at my home ? The lady written BIG LABEL... and stamped.. send it out to the company. WAKE UP AND READ THE FRONT Envople. Seems I have not get it but other company send here.. *mumbling* I feel alike "sue that person who don't know how let everyone know that changed address".

I've had that problem before. One summer, I lived with a couple friends. I kept getting mail for people that used to live my apartment one, two, and three years ago. Ugh!

I had that taken care of when I caught the postman and told him that they didn't live there any more. He then made note of it and took care of it. :)

VamPyroX said:
I've had that problem before. One summer, I lived with a couple friends. I kept getting mail for people that used to live my apartment one, two, and three years ago. Ugh!

I had that taken care of when I caught the postman and told him that they didn't live there any more. He then made note of it and took care of it. :)

Ah... You're must be lazy and nofited to the post office dept and request new address transfer from old address.. (chuckles)

I understanding you're just young fine man "Bacholere"
*chuckles*~ :lol:

Back