'Nazi guard' deportation blocked

*Sighs* Is the world really so mad? How can this be? I do not know if this man is innocent or guilty, I don't really think there is any way for any one to be sure at this late date. But...the facts are damning. The man was idenified years ago, apparently, and the fact that he is obviously not as sick as he is pretending is disturbing. Also, that the family required 'three to five' days notice of arrest is worrisome. Why? So that this man could disappear? The Holocaust haunts us to this day, as it should. I cannot believe a man who helped in the torture of the Jews is being allowed to live in a comfortable home in Ohio. I do not say we should give him the death penalty or anything like it, how are we, then, any better then these Nazi soldiers? But does he need to be on trial again for this? Yes. I hope, above all things, that the world never forgets the Holocaust...because when we do, it may happen again. History, once forgotten, repeats itself, as is proved over and over again.

I do not say we should give him the death penalty or anything like it, how are we, then, any better then these Nazi soldiers?

The death penalty and dying with an injection, is paradise compared to what the victims of the Holocaust suffered.

I know that. Believe me. I've done a lot of research on the Holocaust, and some of my ancestors are believed to have died there (Roma gypsies, though, I'm not Jewish). But, I still believe that the death penalty is wrong regardless. And, yes, I have had horrible things happen to me personally, and yes, I still say that. I just don't think that's the answer. At 89 years old, how much longer can he live, anyway? I would think it a more severe punishment to be sent to prison for those last years.

I know that. Believe me. I've done a lot of research on the Holocaust, and some of my ancestors are believed to have died there (Roma gypsies, though, I'm not Jewish). But, I still believe that the death penalty is wrong regardless. And, yes, I have had horrible things happen to me personally, and yes, I still say that. I just don't think that's the answer. At 89 years old, how much longer can he live, anyway? I would think it a more severe punishment to be sent to prison for those last years.

No you have not. Nothing comparable. Most are dead to tell you. I knew many survivors in my childhood and they were really shells of people. Some people who were friends of my family were saved by Schindler. Speilberg did a film of interviews with them after the Schindler's List movie. You should watch it to try for a little more education. And these were the lucky people.

Nazi_medical_experiments.jpg

http://ee3033.k12.sd.us/Event/Nazi_medical_experiments.jpg

What will they do with him if they get him deported to Germany then?

Liebling, What do the German people think about this? Do they think US is protecting him?

He would probably sentence to life in prison, until he die.

No you have not. Nothing comparable. Most are dead to tell you. I knew many survivors in my childhood and they were really shells of people. Some people who were friends of my family were saved by Schindler. Speilberg did a film of interviews with them after the Schindler's List movie. You should watch it to try for a little more education. And these were the lucky people.

Nazi_medical_experiments.jpg

http://ee3033.k12.sd.us/Event/Nazi_medical_experiments.jpg

Botts,
Is that thick hair all over the children's bodies or is that a result of the photography being used at the time? I know that in extreme cases of malnourishment the body will grow thick hair called languo to insulate itself when there is insufficient amounts of fat covering the body to provide insulation. Or is it the result of a horrid 'medical experiment'?

I wish there was a way to recover a diary from a concentration camp victim that was written while in the camps so that we could get a better glimpse of day-to-day life and understand what these people went through. I don't think people really understand the Holocaust. We can all say it was horrid, but I don't think we can ever fully know or understand because so many of the documents were either destroyed or have not yet been declassified.

*Sigh* Bott. I should have been more clear. I would not now or ever claim to suffer what they did. But I have suffered. And I still wouldn't have the people responsible for that killed. I'm not telling you what to believe, so please let's not debate about it. That's my own personal opinion, and I'm not trying to offend.

*Sigh* Bott. I should have been more clear. I would not now or ever claim to suffer what they did. But I have suffered. And I still wouldn't have the people responsible for that killed. I'm not telling you what to believe, so please let's not debate about it. That's my own personal opinion, and I'm not trying to offend.

That's quite a passive agressive comment to have the last word.

So if you don't want to debate me, don't say anything else.

I have very strong feelings about the Holocaust, and very little patience for childish behavior!

I have every right to an opinion. I corrected your interpartion of what I said and I have every right to not want to debate. I did nothing wrong.

I have every right to an opinion. I corrected your interpartion of what I said and I have every right to not want to debate. I did nothing wrong.

But will you anwswer again to prove you really need the last word?:hmm:

Let's get back on the program.

I mean - It doesn't matter who has to have the last word of the debate or not. What we can do is to agree to disagree and leave it at that instead of letting it prolong. :)

Anyway - As for this Nazi guard to be faced with deportation; There's the saying that goes "An eye for an eye." That is what should be happening.

I have to question this - As the article said; Israel's highest court overturned his death sentence after discovering such information from the former Soviet Union stating that he isn't the "Ivan the Terrible". I have to wonder what kind of information was it based on to make them think that he is not the same person?

Let's get back on the program.

I mean - It doesn't matter who has to have the last word of the debate or not. What we can do is to agree to disagree and leave it at that instead of letting it prolong. :)

Anyway - As for this Nazi guard to be faced with deportation; There's the saying that goes "An eye for an eye." That is what should be happening.

I have to question this - As the article said; Israel's highest court overturned his death sentence after discovering such information from the former Soviet Union stating that he isn't the "Ivan the Terrible". I have to wonder what kind of information was it based on to make them think that he is not the same person?

You're right. Sorry about that. Anyway, yeah, I was wondering the same thing. That's why I feel so uneasy about this whole thing: I wish we knew what evidence had made them release him to begin with, and then to track him down again. I understand why you say 'eye for an eye'...in this case though I really think it would be a worse punishment to live his few remaining years in a prison. You know? I mean, how long can he really live anyway?

You're right. Sorry about that. Anyway, yeah, I was wondering the same thing. That's why I feel so uneasy about this whole thing: I wish we knew what evidence had made them release him to begin with, and then to track him down again. I understand why you say 'eye for an eye'...in this case though I really think it would be a worse punishment to live his few remaining years in a prison. You know? I mean, how long can he really live anyway?

Yes, I understand where you are coming from.

Well, Given of how old he is and as per his health (supposedly, that is if he is really not faking it) then he will get his treatment in due time but for now, I'd say the best thing for all of this to be resolved is to see that he needs to be responsible for his action rather than avoiding it. That is why I see where others are coming from with this in retro of him being a Nazi Guard.

This is something that is not going to go away and to unsettle these folks by letting him go. In the remainder of this - There has to be something that is needed to be done than just saying "Ok, He's old and sick, let him go."

I'm not saying that I disagree with you because I understand that his health is probably frail at this point but given the nature of his heinous crime by being a Nazi Guard; That is enough for a lot of people to get ticked over with.

Yes, I understand where you are coming from.

Well, Given of how old he is and as per his health (supposedly, that is if he is really not faking it) then he will get his treatment in due time but for now, I'd say the best thing for all of this to be resolved is to see that he needs to be responsible for his action rather than avoiding it. That is why I see where others are coming from with this in retro of him being a Nazi Guard.

This is something that is not going to go away and to unsettle these folks by letting him go. In the remainder of this - There has to be something that is needed to be done than just saying "Ok, He's old and sick, let him go."

I'm not saying that I disagree with you because I understand that his health is probably frail at this point but given the nature of his heinous crime by being a Nazi Guard; That is enough for a lot of people to get ticked over with.

Oh, definately! I have no desire for him to go unpunished. I don't care if he's sick, or even that he's old, my point is simply that any 89-year-old, no matter how healthy they are, will probably not live another decade. Therefore, my thought is simply that it would be worse for him to go to prison, rather then to be allowed to die quickly and easily. What he is accused of doing is horrendous and unfathomable. I hope he is not allowed to get away with it. His crime is unbelievable, and I am in no way trying to make it less then it is, I just think that living with the fact that all the world knows in miserable conditions would be worse (to me, anyway) then the death penalty. Either way, he needs to be dealt with on this issue.

That's what I'm thinking! I was so happy to see that on CNN the other day. Hopefully this will prove to other Nazis in hiding that their time is coming, they will eventually face justice.

Back