My RIGHTS to keep my Hearing Dog....

None are talking about untrained pets, just trained hearing dogs. The OP is clear - her dog is trained.

Right, and I'm confused as you are LOL

Katin, accord your post #245

http://www.alldeaf.com/878841-post245.html

Due respect, I do not see any excuse to use service dog to boost deafies's low self-confidence/esteem. I respectfully disagree with this link, you provided here because those link, you provided sound that deafies are mainly problem who suffers self-confidence/esteem than hearies which is not all true. Hearies also suffers, too.

If people (hearing & deaf) want to positive their self-confidence/esteem then do something is go to see counseller, self-help group, etc - focus new hobbies, etc. I can't see how could service dog boost deaf people's self-confidence? Yes, any pets can give us good feeling but just service dog? No... Sorry, I disagree with those link totally.

:jaw: :speechless:

:jaw: :speechless:

:confused: Do you mean that you agree with Katin´s link for saying that the service dog helps to boost deafies´s low self-esteem/self-confidence? And also agree with her post saying that Many post in AD about social problems, depression, afraid of going to parties, feeling too lonely etc. Maybe a service dog helps.

Service dogs help to improve deafies´s self-esteem/self-confidence? I don´t agree. Those link sound that deafies is the one who have low self-esteem which I disagree to. It´s not just deafies but hearies as well.

Service dogs help to improve deafies´s self-esteem/self-confidence? I don´t agree. Those link sound that deafies is the one who have low self-esteem which I disagree to. It´s not just deafies but hearies as well.

Any group can have low self-esteem - hearing, deaf, HoH, blind, deaf/blind, college students, professors.........anyone. And I write in my post "I don't think "we need help" - just some. Also saying something "helps" doesn't mean everyone has a big problem with this, just that it helps." Nothing about just deaf/HoH and not hearing people. I just write about deaf/HoH because the thread is about hearing dogs - not dogs for everyone including hearing people. Please do not think I say only deaf/HoH have low-self esteem. I never say this.

BUT I repeat -

If a deaf/HoH person has a dog and in public (like a restaurant) the dog makes the person feel more confident and safe and helps others know the person is deaf/HoH (so no miscommunication), how does the person "cheat" others? I don't see cheating or looking bad.

So in a service dog for deaf/HoH in restaurant = legal by ADA. The dog is more than for confidence - lets hearing know the person is deaf/HoH etc.

I don't think we should judge other people's decisions about service dogs. If someone wants to use a hearing service dog, let them do so without criticism. If they don't want use service dogs, that's fine, too. No one is forced to use one. Each person's situation is different.

:confused: Do you mean that you agree with Katin´s link for saying that the service dog helps to boost deafies´s low self-esteem/self-confidence? And also agree with her post saying that Many post in AD about social problems, depression, afraid of going to parties, feeling too lonely etc. Maybe a service dog helps.

Liebling, these service dogs are specially trained to assist many people such as deaf, hanciapped, blind, physically or mentally disabled, heath problems etc. There are many reason why some people need assist in their daily lives.

Deaf people prefer to have guide hearing dogs to help them alert the sounds by approaching their owner to which ever the sounds are coming from and be able to wake them up when a fire alarm beeps. etc

Hanicapped people who are in a wheelchair or using crutches, prefer assist dogs to help them pull the person's wheelchair, carry their things, or pick things up, open/close doors, helps them getting dressed, and many more.

Blind or visually impaired people prefer service dogs to assist them by walking across streets, stairs, sidewalks etc, to avoid injury.

Physically or mentally disabled, heath problems- they have dog that trained to respond to a person's health problems such as seizures, history of heartattack, mental problems etc. when these people live alone and has no one else to help them in case it happened. these service dogs are trained to respond by staying with the person, or go get help, and they're also trained to dail 911, they need these service dogs to keep them focus and never leave their owner's side.

Like I said, there are many reasons why people need service dogs for medical assistance. and when you see a dog wearing a vest, harness or a backbag that means they're working dogs. It is none of anyone's business why this person has an assistance dogs or what their reason for it. they have every right to get one when it is needed. Some perfer to train their own dog, which is fine with me, I'm not living with them so it's not my place to tell them they shouldn't be having one that goes to everyone here. It is okay to disagree but it's not okay to judge these people here. (speaking generally)

I don't think we should judge other people's decisions about service dogs. If someone wants to use a hearing service dog, let them do so without criticism. If they don't want use service dogs, that's fine, too. No one is forced to use one. Each person's situation is different.

:gpost: Thank you Reba!!

Wow! I cant believe some of the critical comments about people who use service dogs. If they want to use them, let them be. I feel no need for one but that doesnt mean I criticize others for needing them.

Any group can have low self-esteem - hearing, deaf, HoH, blind, deaf/blind, college students, professors.........anyone. And I write in my post "I don't think "we need help" - just some. Also saying something "helps" doesn't mean everyone has a big problem with this, just that it helps." Nothing about just deaf/HoH and not hearing people. I just write about deaf/HoH because the thread is about hearing dogs - not dogs for everyone including hearing people. Please do not think I say only deaf/HoH have low-self esteem. I never say this.

BUT I repeat -

Your own word in previous post.

"Many post in AD about social problems, depression, afraid of going to parties, feeling too lonely etc. Maybe a service dog helps." sounds that deafies/HOH are only who have low-self-esteem because many deafies/HOH are members in AD forum.

Can you show me where I judge or criticism people´s decision? I only made a general post to agree with most of Lananta´s posts and voice my own opinion in general way what I think of hearing dog and disagree with Katin´s link without judge or criticism people´s decision and disagree Katin´s comment over low self-esteem in general way.

Please don´t make a false accusation.

Liebling, these service dogs are specially trained to assist many people such as deaf, hanciapped, blind, physically or mentally disabled, heath problems etc. There are many reason why some people need assist in their daily lives.

Can you show me where have I against service dog for assist disabled people (blind, etc)? See my response post toward Reba.

I do not see anything that I against service dog for blind, etc. I pointed out to the link where Katin provided over deafies´s low self-esteem without judge and critisum people´s decision. I only disagree that the service dog boost deafies´s low self-esteem without judge or critiscm people´s decision. I voice my opinion and agree with most of Lanata´s posts in general way without judge or critistm people´s decision

Deaf people prefer to have guide hearing dogs to help them alert the sounds by approaching their owner to which ever the sounds are coming from and be able to wake them up when a fire alarm beeps. etc

I respect deaf people´s decision for want to have hearing dog. I do not see anything where I judge people´s decision.

Hanicapped people who are in a wheelchair or using crutches, prefer assist dogs to help them pull the person's wheelchair, carry their things, or pick things up, open/close doors, helps them getting dressed, and many more.

I didn´t know that the people who are on the wheelchair or use crutches need dog´s assist because I never seen them for have assist dog but blind people.

Blind or visually impaired people prefer service dogs to assist them by walking across streets, stairs, sidewalks etc, to avoid injury.

Where have I say anything against service dogs for blind? Anyway, we don´t have hearing dogs here in many Europe countries because we do not need them.

Physically or mentally disabled, heath problems- they have dog that trained to respond to a person's health problems such as seizures, history of heartattack, mental problems etc. when these people live alone and has no one else to help them in case it happened. these service dogs are trained to respond by staying with the person, or go get help, and they're also trained to dail 911, they need these service dogs to keep them focus and never leave their owner's side.

I am total surprised about this. The service dogs are for blind people only. The people who suffers physically or mentally etc what you mentioned above need assistance is care service who nurse them which service dogs doesn´t. Many people who suffers like what you mentioned above, have pets who make them feel good and keep them company.

Like I said, there are many reasons why people need service dogs for medical assistance. and when you see a dog wearing a vest, harness or a backbag that means they're working dogs. It is none of anyone's business why this person has an assistance dogs or what their reason for it. they have every right to get one when it is needed. Some perfer to train their own dog, which is fine with me, I'm not living with them so it's not my place to tell them they shouldn't be having one that goes to everyone here. It is okay to disagree but it's not okay to judge these people here. (speaking generally)

:jaw: Are you accuse me to judge people´s decision? I am here to disagree with Katin´s link and then voice my OWN opinion in general way and agree with Lanata´s post without judge or critisium people´s decision. This is a false accussation of you. *shake my head disappointment* :(

I am total surprised about this. The service dogs are for blind people only. The people who suffers physically or mentally etc what you mentioned above need assistance is care service who nurse them which service dogs doesn´t. Many people who suffers like what you mentioned above, have pets who make them feel good and keep them company.

Service dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Service Dogs

Service Dogs

NEADS Services overview

Service dogs are NOT pets and they're trained to assist people that needs help! and who told you that these service dogs are only for the blind people??

My first post on this thread here of last year 2006

Is my post judgement and critism? No, I am here to voice my opinion and agree or disagree...
http://www.alldeaf.com/477150-post84.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/479143-post103.html

Reba accused me for critizise people´s decision when I only voice my opinion in general way with agree to disagree.

http://www.alldeaf.com/479266-post109.html

I quoted Reba for against her to make a false accusement.
http://www.alldeaf.com/479557-post116.html

http://www.alldeaf.com/479772-post123.html

I against Reba for use deafness as an excuse...

http://www.alldeaf.com/482973-post152.html
http://www.alldeaf.com/482985-post153.html
http://www.alldeaf.com/482988-post154.html
http://www.alldeaf.com/482993-post155.html

And then leave this thread alone until I saw how interesting posts Lanata made, not her but some ADers as well until I pointed the link where Katin provided and then I post to disagree with those link over deafies´s self-esteem.

I just cannot beleive that I was being accused for judge and crisiticsm people´s decision which I didn´t.

Can you show me where I judge or criticism people´s decision? I only made a general post to agree with most of Lananta´s posts and voice my own opinion in general way what I think of hearing dog and disagree with Katin´s link without judge or criticism people´s decision and disagree Katin´s comment over low self-esteem in general way.

Please don´t make a false accusation.
:confused: I never even mentioned you, and I wasn't even replying to you.

Back