my lady broke up with me..

Care to explain why this thread exists
http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/97576-why-do-deaf-people-feel-ignored-many.html

I have been though alot of reflections lately, and realize that we Deaf people are actually missing big time from hearing world. We have lost Hearing people's most valuable sense and it is called Hearing! Hearing people generally place hearing over sight which I am not sure why. I believe there is vast information in sound than sight that we are missing. The sad part is that we Deaf people probably will never realize that no matter how hard one tried to.

I agree with radioman`s advice.

i did not mean to butt in, where did you get the information about 80 percents from?

just wonder. my five friends they have been married to hearing spouses for more than 10 years. Even, lots of friends of mine and me who are with HOH or oral deaf people who just learned form of signs with their "strong backgroun of raising in a hearing environment" more than more 10 yrs.

how can i see 80 percents of them fall apart in my witnesses? :hmm:

Frisky Feline, assuming that the study was done correctly, it appears that you and your friends are just not representative of most American deaf/hearing couples.

The statistics are probably an attempt at summarizing all of the American deaf/hearing couples. It makes sense that the smaller groups that make up this large category would have different stats.

I don't know a lot about statistics but I do know enough that you can't come to the correct conclusion about a large group by just sampling any small subset of the group (you and your friends for example). There's a whole science behind selecting a sample that can give accurate information about a larger group.

I think most people tend to choose to spend time with people who are similar to them. I'm pretty sure that most people that know how to work out their problems successfully would choose to spend time with others who also have that ability. So a group of friends who are similar to each other would not be a good sample to make conclusions about a much larger group.

Maybe you, your husband and your friends should write a book on how to have a happy marriage? :)

Well, her make decision. But She did take asl class for college this spring...so she is going...

sound fishy. if she want learn good asl, then why not learn from you???? also i read her message again. you want know what sound like? "i..I..I..I..I..I" sound like she not give you chance discuss your feeling about situation. look like is ONE-SIDE. get deaf girl, problem solve. that my opinion. if you want date hearing then that fine but need good communication. i agreeing with rockin'robin, communication very important make relationship is work.

There's another guy but she wants you to be her "backup guy." Don't settle for a woman who doesn't make you a priority. Get out there and meet some new people!

Yep, there's another guy and this is an excuse. Oh well.

I know you are asking me why....because she said...:

"I think we need a break for a while, I'm feeling very overwhelmed about our communication problem. After I learn asl, we should see eachother again. I'm sorry, I just feel like our relationship is based off a fog of understanding. I want to get to know you more once we can communicate via asl. I'm so sorry, please forgive me. You don't have to wait for me but if you did, that would be sweet. I still care for you but I would like to wait"

What do you think?

Bull. A measly excuse to break up with you, I am sorry to say :(

what's stopping her from learning ASL while WITH you????

So sorry this is happening to you.
I hope you'll find someone who truly cares for you, and soon.

Fuzzy

from what she says, it appears that she is lacking patience and if she want to learn asl to communicate better with you why dont she learn asl from YOU hmm? Yeah what I thought...I think it's best just to let her go.

Break ups is nothing comparing to divorce where you have to pay to break up spouse.

Smart guy would learn from that mistake and take a long vacation from relationship before looking somebody else and use that experience to apply next relationship. Doing that, would give you better idea which one will be right for you and might result long term commitment.

Take a good vacation, buddy.

I agree with diehardbiker. Get out and socialize but don't jump into the next relationship without some thought. You'll find a girlfriend who is worth your time.

Sounds like she's trying to breakup (and being a little lousy at it) but is attempting to leave the door open for later. (Shrugs) Best advise is to adopt a wait and see approach but you better get on with your life since she's got other priorities at the moment.

Sounds like she's trying to breakup (and being a little lousy at it) but is attempting to leave the door open for later. (Shrugs) Best advise is to adopt a wait and see approach but you better get on with your life since she's got other priorities at the moment.

I do agree, somewhat...as for having another guy...I'm not too sure of that....breaking up is hard to do! And I'm sure DoVip feels really sad about it....

So he has my shoulder to cry on if need be!...and we need to be as comforting to him as possible....

I've been dating my hearing girlfriend for one year and yet, we write down things. She is dlow with ASL, but she wants to take ASL class with her Mom. She always like having me close gto her. She asks for love letters all the times. Basically, I agree with others. Your girlfriend just wants an excuse to get out.

She doesn't understand the American Sign Language which isn't exactly same as English. It's easy to mistook of what you say.

sound look like ashamed? I am experience my ex gf! I experience

sorry no excuse!

I said once times

look likes lies!

sound looking barres heart no love communication hard to understood awkward to misunderstand to relationship!

well I am a hearing parent of a hoh child and I am learning ASL and think it is easier to pick up on and learn when around someone who is using ASL so in my opinion it is an excuse.

i did not mean to butt in, where did you get the information about 80 percents from?

just wonder. my five friends they have been married to hearing spouses for more than 10 years. Even, lots of friends of mine and me who are with HOH or oral deaf people who just learned form of signs with their "strong backgroun of raising in a hearing environment" more than more 10 yrs.

how can i see 80 percents of them fall apart in my witnesses? :hmm:

Marlee Matlin said so and I am agreed with DHB. I seem it from my experience for many years.

71885155.png

Your five friends are 15%-20% success for married. I believe five is very low number to me.

Marlee Matlin said so and I am agreed with DHB. I seem it from my experience for many years.

71885155.png

Your five friends are 15%-20% success for married. I believe five is very low number to me.

sorry to say, but I dont see any specific proof on this. I need more than just from the tv show.

Back