My gore...

I believe its called Cochlear Freedom on the implanted device.

My implant was the Nucleus Freedom the internal part was CI24RE but I think it was around the time when they came out with the N5 they started using a different version of the internal part called CI512 I believe it is. Before I was discharged they give me a identification card with my info and the CI model and serial number on it to prove I had one for say like airport security or something. So they ought to have given you one too. I have some pics somewhere if you want to see what a mess it was after my surgery with 15 staples.

Here is the CI24RE
Implant.jpg

The CI512
CI51220Cochlear20Implant.jpg

My implant was the Nucleus Freedom the internal part was CI24RE but I think it was around the time when they came out with the N5 they started using a different version of the internal part called CI512 I believe it is. Before I was discharged they give me a identification card with my info and the CI model and serial number on it to prove I had one for say like airport security or something. So they ought to have given you one too. I have some pics somewhere if you want to see what a mess it was after my surgery with 15 staples.

Here is the CI24RE
Implant.jpg

The CI512
CI51220Cochlear20Implant.jpg
yes, they did give me a card for security reasons, like the airport.. card shows C124RE (CA) whatever it means? lol
assume more electrodes?

yes, they did give me a card for security reasons, like the airport.. card shows C124RE (CA) whatever it means? lol
assume more electrodes?

That is exactly what my information card says too. I have the N5 and if I get my other ear done it will be the N6.

I cant tell where the magnet is by feeling my head, still slightly swollen and ear still sticking out ( dont like that a bit) lol but in general looks to be healing nicely, no fever or infections that I can see, just a bit of a head ache .

Daughter getting married tomorrow so I wont hear anything but will see it all. Going to be a busy day for me, I noticed the past two days I am on high alert with my surrounding being I can not hear anything now and really tiring myself out by the end of the day. Last night was the worst night Ive had, hearing or imagining sounds that are keeping me up...lol

assume more electrodes?

Do you mean your implant could trigger the alarm to go off in the airport? My hearing aide did this once at the airport I had to take it off and go thought the metal detector again.

Do you mean your implant could trigger the alarm to go off in the airport? My hearing aide did this once at the airport I had to take it off and go thought the metal detector again.
Yes the implants can trigger the metal detectors, not only that, I also have plates and screws in my neck...lol

Yes the implants can trigger the metal detectors, not only that, I also have plates and screws in my neck...lol

You and Frankenstein both have screws in your neck. :giggle:

I guess you have let the airport know you're coming so they'll not think there is some kind of threat when the metal detector goes off. My hearing aids also made a metal detector go off in a video store and the court house when I was getting a divorce . LOL ! The cop had to use a hand held metal detector on me.

walked in the courthouse today, I told the guards I was implanted, had a medical card and they pulled me aside, frisked me and let me through, never went through the detector.

walked in the courthouse today, I told the guards I was implanted, had a medical card and they pulled me aside, frisked me and let me through, never went through the detector.

I've been through numerous metal detectors and have not had to mention my CI ever. It definitely has not set one off either.

I've been through numerous metal detectors and have not had to mention my CI ever. It definitely has not set one off either.
I was told by the doc not to wear the processor through the detector, I dont have one yet but its what they told me.

Back